Mollie's Nipple, Utah Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont talk bad about baseball! Are you crazy?

Baseball is cricket for simpletons and weaklings who can't hack playing for five days.

OK, now I'm just being hyperbolic. Though Test cricket matches do go for five days, if you didn't know.

Baseball is cricket for simpletons and weaklings who can't hack playing for five days.

OK, now I'm just being hyperbolic. Though Test cricket matches do go for five days, if you didn't know.

I think what killed any and all possibilities of me liking cricket was a 4 hour long Bollywood film on the subject

I think what killed any and all possibilities of me liking cricket was a 4 hour long Bollywood film on the subject

:yikes: That just makes me think of the Simpsons scene where Apu plays a Bollywood movie for the family.

Baseball has series of 3 and they dont have days off for like weeks... so ha. and Kerry Wood is my husband. so ha.

No no, what he was saying is that Cricket games can go on for that long. The Rules for Cricket are a LOT different than Baseball, I don't know why the two sports get compared so much

Kim, any updates in the rugby? Edit: FUCK YES!!!!

And I must say, one of the funniest things I've ever done in my life is trying to teach a bunch of Americans to play cricket while I was over there. Oh god, we had fun. I even managed to get one of them to bowl over-arm properly!

Last edited:
:yikes: That just makes me think of the Simpsons scene where Apu plays a Bollywood movie for the family.

It wasn't a BAD movie, it was pretty good actually, but Jesus, it was like an "Idiot's Guide to Cricket" most of the film.

No no, what he was saying is that Cricket games can go on for that long. The Rules for Cricket are a LOT different than Baseball, I don't know why the two sports get compared so much

Yeah, a single game of Test cricket lasts five days. One day cricket games last for, funnily enough, one full day, and Twenty20 (which has only recently been introduced) takes about three hours.

Until the mid-20th century, Test cricket was timeless, i.e. it did not have the five day limit. The longest game ever ran for nine days and still ended in a draw.

:tsk: seriously people if we're goi g to bitch about a sport...shouldn't it be synchronised swimming?? I mean WTF?!!!! :lol:

Hehe. One of the players for the Newcastle Under-20s has a last name that sounds suspiciously like Stig.

I giggle when I hear it

Stig is actually a name in some language. I used it for one character in a story I wrote when I was about 12. It cracks me up when I go back and look at it now.

:tsk: seriously people if we're goi g to bitch about a sport...shouldn't it be synchronised swimming?? I mean WTF?!!!! :lol:

I'm with Gluey, can we all unanimously hate on Syncronized swimming?

Unless of course you're an all-male synchronize swimming team starring in one of the most hilarious movies I have ever seen in all my life *hunts on youtube*

Good point. That's even worse than rugby league, baseball, gridiron, NASCAR, and lawn bowls.

Though synchronised DIVING is pretty fucking cool.

55mins....nothing much happening for those who are interested....lots of scrums and ball grabbing.....:ohmy:

:yes: It's worse than ALL of those put together!!

And HOW for the love of god is it an OLYMPIC SPORT?!?!

Because whoever's selecting sports for the Olympics is a fucking MORON.

I love that TRAMPOLINING is an Olympic event too. Now, I'll admit, I've enjoyed watching it ... but come on, it's TRAMPOLINING.

I found it:

Background: this movie is about a bunch of boys at a high school who are all kind of rejects at sports and stuff, and, because the coach is a rather fetching young woman, they join the Sync. Swimming team, since no one else would and it was an all boys school (can't even remember why they started a sync swimming team there in the first place). So anywyas, coachy goes into labor (she was pregnant) and they end up on their own. The only way they're going to be allowed to use the pool to practice is if they can impress the principal, so they put on a performance for him, but have no idea what they're doing. The following occurs:

YouTube - Waterboys 1st performance

WATCH IT I SWEAR IT'S WORTH IT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom