Modest Mouse on SNL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

isabelle_guns

Refugee
Modest Mouse were on SNL last night!!!!!!!! I guess the producers of SNL took things seriously when they received a lot of mail complaining about SNL inviting musical guests to perform who have no talent that they need to lip synch. MM are one of the most underrated bands in my opinion. The most memorable Modest Mouse show I've seen was when they opened up for the Flaming Lips before Liz Phair. They come to Vancouver and Whister very frequently. I am so glad that a talented band like Modest Mouse was on SNL and it shocked me for minutes afterward. No personal offence to Ashley Simpson however, it's better to have real developed talent showcased then girls who ride their sister's coat tails. I miss SNL back in the early to mid 90's when it was all about showcasing artists and not having fluff like Ashley as the musical guest.

SNL pretty much sucked last night (again). I would have preferred to have just watched Modest Mouse for the whole hour and a half. Great stuff.

good call, i found myself wondering at times what was missing. snl just doesn't have the same effect on me as it did before. i think for me the show has been going downhill since fallon, and morgan left.

modest mouse were great though! i was glad to see a musical guest that was actually good. it will be even better next week though!

SNL needs to replace most of their writing staff -- the show is tired and rusty. Perhaps if they did that, better hosts will want to come on. But yes, I was very glad to see a band like Modest Mouse as the musical guest, and even happier to see U2 booked for this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom