modem help needed.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cell

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
so i finally get a phone line put in my home. great. i can now try and get internet on my computer using dialup.

only one problem. my modem is no longer being recognized. it says its not attached to my system. i tried installing the drivers for it using the compaq softpaq cd's i was sent a year or so ago. didnt work.

there's a modem in my computer. i just dont know how to make it work.

any suggestions?

I'm sorry! A friend of mine had this same exact problem a few months ago. I posted about it here and people were very helpful but the only thing that ended up fixing it was a guy she knew finally came over and made sure everything was right in the setup. She had installed it right, but the driver didn't take. Did you install the driver CD?

Wait until LivLuv gets here, I know she can help! *volunteers* :shifty:

i was working on my computer last night, and i just basically installed the "standard modem" from within my computer and it recognizes it, but wont get online. it just needs the driver. i dont know which driver it needs. thats the problem.

Icelle - you're right, it's not going to work without its driver. Find out what model it is (you might have to actually pull it out and check the sticker) and type that in Google with the word "driver" and see what comes up. Otherwise, if you know the brand or manufacturer, you could go to their website and look for a driver. Usually tech websites have a section called "Support and Drivers" or a "Downloads" section with drivers.

Oh, and if you can get online somewhere else to get a driver, you could find out what model it is, call the company, and request for them to send you a driver disc.

thanks guys, i finally figured out the driver and i fixed it. after many freakin hours fixing this thing im back.

Back
Top Bottom