Moby got beat up last night.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

diamond

ONE love, blood, life
He was jumped by 2 male fans posing as autograph seekers.:|
The 2 fans alledgedly were Emimen fans w a vendetta aganst Moby.

Shitty move.

DB9

Unfortunately this happened in my city, Boston on Wednesday night. There was a big story on the 6Pm news about it, Moby was signing auto's outside his gig at The Paradise (that Paradise), and someone asked for an autograph, he turned and got sucker punched, breaking his glasses. The puncher's accomplice pepper sprayed a security guard. There has been no evidence that the attack had anything to do with Eminem, that's speculation at this point.

Story in Boston Herald: http://www2.bostonherald.com/news/local_regional/moby12132002.htm

Last edited:
poor Moby. he's such a sweet little guy. What kind of idiot would want to beat him up. :(

yeah i heard about this, it is sad that this happend.

this is from moby's journal at moby.com

[q]Curious, Why?
12/12/2002 - Boston

brief update...
we played a concert tonight at a small club in boston, the paradise club. and after the show i went outside to get into my car. and there werea few people waiting for autographs, so as usual i stopped to sign a few things.
and then all of a sudden i was attacked by (i believe) 3 men with mace.
they punched me from behind and i really had no idea what was going on.
i assumed that a bar-fight had spilled out of the bar and that somehow i had gotten caught in the middle of it.
but no. after being punched in the head from behind a few times i turned around to see what was going on and one of them punched me in the face a couple of times and then they all ran away.
so now i'm sitting here bloody and beaten up and waiting to file a police report.
the assault could've been a lot worse. but i'm very curious as to why 3 men would coordinate an attack on me? you know, 3 against 1? and the'one' in question is me, hardly the most physically threatening person in the world. so if one or more of the people who attacked me tonight happen to be reading this, i'd be really curious to know why you attacked me.
you could anonymously sign on to the boards and describe the attack from your perspective. i'm honestly very curious.
and if anyone sees me in the next couple of weeks and i have some big bruises or stitches on my face, well at least you know why.
thanks.
moby[/q]

[q]Lion King
12/12/2002 - Boston

and to the nice people who were standing in the rain outside of the paradise club, please don't let the fact that i was attacked ruin your night. i'm not badly hurt. really. just some bruisesand cuts. so please don't worry about me, ok?it was a really great night apart from the ending, so please don't be upset on my behalf, cos i'm fine. just beaten up.
it's happened before, actually. when i was working at the beat (a nightclub that used to be in port chester, new york) i ended up getting punched a few times. usually by belligerent drunks who were punching anything that moved. there was this one time in particular where i was working and a bar-fight started. i stepped out of my dj booth and this giant preppy guy just smashed me in the face with his fist. i fell down and he looked at me like he was going to hit me again but then the police showed up and dragged him and hisdrunken preppy friend to the police station.
i went down to the station to file a report and these two huge football-playing preppy guys who had attacked me were sitting in the police station crying and saying that they hadn't done anything. when the police had actually SEEN them hit me and some other people. the preppy bullies said that the bar staff (me included) had started the fight. the bar staff consisted of a female bartender who weighed 100 pounds soaking wet, me, and a doorman who was asleep.
but i digress. regarding the 3 guys who attacked me tonight, i'm not angry. i don't feel vindictive. not to sound weird or wimpy, but i'm a pacifist and i believe in forgiveness. i just hope that at some point in these guy's lives they come to realize that hurting other people is wrong.
and i'm left very confused as to why these guys wanted to attack me in the first place. maybe they don't like skinny bald guys who play coversongs? i'm sure that's it. it's my fault, i should've posted a warning on the entrance to the club, 'warning: tonights show will at time be comprised of cover songs poorly played by moby, a skinny bald musician.'
then they would've known and they could've avoided our performance and all of this trouble never would've happened.
see, we're all a little bit wiser now, aren't we.it's like 'the lion king', we laughed, we cried, we ran the gamut of emotions.
goodnight again.
moby[/q]

:(

Last edited:
I will never understand what makes someone act violently toward another person for absolutely no reason.

People can be such assholes. :|

ARGHHHHH...I saw this on teletext on a German TV and I couldn't believe it. The article also wondered if this had to do with the infamous Eminem/Moby incident.

I mean, Moby of all people to beat up?!? I'm not into dance music but I do like his stuff, and from what I've seen of him on award shows and interviews he seems like a great, PEACEFUL. humble person.

People like that should be put to prison, out of normal people's way. Apart from the fact that bullying is disgusting, 3 (or insert any number) to 1 ratio is gross even more.
Eminem or no Eminem involvement, I hope these guys (and bullies anywhere) get caught for people's safety.

Edit: what a great attitude Moby has about all this! :)

Last edited:
Where did Moby post that?

That really sucks.. he seems like someone that would never hurt anyone. If this has to do with Eminem I really hope he gets in trouble for it.

:madspit: eminem :madspit:

How weird. He (moby) is so non-aggresive.

ANd to think - our man Diamond was attacked signing autographs in Toronto - and Moby gets attacked doing the same thing in Boston.

Hmmmmm.......

My husband, who is not a big fan of either Moby or his music, couldn't believe that someone would beat up Moby, A little, non-offensive Christian pacifist.

But when I told him that it was three guys, he was incredulous, and a little pissed. "Someone had to have two guys help him beat up Moby?"

Back
Top Bottom