Moby - 18

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hmm... well what do you folks out there think of the Chrome-dome's aka: "Little Idiot" latest effort?

personally, it sounds like a rePlay with many of the songs not only having the same sounds as Play, but also the same structure and formula which went into the making.

but... er... if youre a fan of someone who is unadventurous, 'sticking to your guns' formula (ie something like ATYCLB), finding excitement in a blaze of mediocrity: then this is possibly the album for you.

er.. the cover art is pretty good? is that a start?

------------------
Drive boy dog boy
Dirty numb angel boy
In the doorway boy
She was a lipstick boy
She was a beautiful boy
And tears boy
And all in your innerspace boy
You had
hands girl boy
and steel boy
You had chemicals boy
I've grown so close to you
Boy and you just groan boy
She said comeover comeover
She smiled at you boy.

I have a hard time with people saying a cd is bad because it's the same type of music. How many of your favorite band's new cd's are that much different than their previous cd's? Probalby not that many. If it's good I'll like it. I never thought Play was that different than any of Moby's other stuff either, so I really dont understand the complaints. Everyone has their own opinions I guess.

Personally, I like it. I don't think it's as good as "Play," but it's still quite good. I love "Harbour" and "We are all made of stars." I can't remember the rest because I've only listened to it once.

I also like the fact that it's called "18" and was released 3 days after my 18th Birthday. Feels like it was made just for me!

Only heard the new single "We're all made of stars" or sumthing... sounds good but it's sooooo like Bowie's Heroes.

The video is cool though.

I haven't heard it yet but I'm interested in the song about Moby's 36th birthday falling on 9/11 because I turned 35 that day. I'm curious to see what someone else felt like having a birthday on that horrible day.

Even though "Play" wasn't his first record, it was his first huge commercial success; therefore, "18" could fall into the 'sophomore slump' category. Haven't heard it yet myself, though.

Moby's cool. Love the new video. Don't own any of his albums.

Why am I posting in here? lol

------------------
"Steal me, deal me, anyway you heal me
Maim me, tame me, you can never change me
Love me, like me, come ahead and fight me
Please me, tease me, go ahead and leave me..."

Back
Top Bottom