MMJ - itstill moves

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
$9??? :eek:

I'm SO jealous. I want it, but can't afford it with Doves, I Am Kloot, and Starsailor releasing stuff this month.

yeah the dvd is being released in canada anyway on sept 23.

here's the tracklisting:

DOVES - where we're calling from

1. Videos:
2. Sea Song
3. Here It Comes
4. The Cedar Room
5. Catch The Sun
6. The Man Who Told Everything
7. There Goes The Fear
8. Pounding
9. Caught By The River
10. Live at The Eden Project, Cornwall - July 12th
11. Pounding
12. There Goes The Fear
13. Catch The Sun
14. Words
15. N.Y.
16. Satellites
17. Caught By The River
18. Here It Comes
19. Spaceface

Hot on the heels of their Number 1 second album The Last Broadcast, The Doves return with a retrospective DVD, dating back to their early Sub Sub era right up to present day.

Special Features
Sun Sub documentary
Doves documentary
How Things Really Are - a film by Brian Madden
A Very Peak Practice (intro film)
A Very Peak Practice II (intro film)
Photo galleries
Discography
Hidden films
Demo versions (audio only)
5.1 and 2.0 pcm stereo soundtrack
Screensaver

Last edited:
no i have not been getting emails from them either.

Sweet - Canada means it will work in my DVD player here. I did not see encoding info on amazon.co.uk

Spaceface live Rules

AMG review...

It's a beautiful thing to know that Brian Wilson is still alive and well in the kingdom of indie rock. My Morning Jacket's third full-length effort, and first for the ATO/RCA venture label, is a step beyond the band's work for Darla. While the gorgeous amalgam of the Band's vision of country/Americana and Neil Young's blend of folk and rock are everywhere present, there is a new textural awareness evident on It Still Moves. Jim James' songwriting is tighter in structure, but his production sensibility is early-'70s Laurel Canyon, with some of the Grateful Dead's American Beauty tropes as well. Sounds like a mess, doesn't it? Well, it's not. Wearing your influences on your sleeve doesn't mean unoriginality. James is an original songwriter; he has worked hard to develop the gifts inherent in his lyric concerns and his ability to paint emotional landscapes with his melodies, and the payoff has never been greater. "Mahgeetah," with its Pet Sounds ambience and country-rock melody ? complete with fuzzed-out guitar solo ? is far more imaginative than anything Wilco ever pulled off by trying the same thing (which they do over and over ad nauseum). "Dancefloors," with its biting Telecaster lead line that echoes "Baby Don't Do It" and the Stray Gators' country majesty, is full of warmth, depth, and Levon Helm's soul. And "Golden," which is the third track in this opening triad, brings James' love of Tim Buckley and Fred Neil into the light. But all of these elements of construction are read through James' Kentucky and his unique melodic gift, where fragments becomes entire lines become songs with stunning bridges, achingly poetic lyrics, and a country boy's sense of whacked-out humor and tenderness (check out "One Big Holiday"). The horn arrangements on "Easy Morning Rebel" make the country shuffle into a near R&B tune with an old-timey stroll through a shambolic rhythm track. In all, My Morning Jacket may be a journey through the past, but it's also a solid step into something rock & roll has been missing for an awfully long time in the mainstream arena: melody, extremely catchy and well-written songs that aren't afraid of the mainstream, and a love of the great pop continuum that translates into something new. ? Thom Jurek

I picked it up based on Meggie's including it on the ICDE mixes and the music geeks at my local mom-n-pop saying it was good. :) And it was only $9 here, too!

They were on Conan last night. I admit to having never listened to this band before (I thought they were another alt. country band, which is usually isnt my favorite genre), but they were awesome last night.

I'm impressed.

My officemate (who happens to be 58 years old) brought this to me yesterday and asked me if I'd heard of them. She bought it after hearing them on NPR and said, "This sounds like the music of my generation!" I listened to it last night and loved it on the first listen.

Back
Top Bottom