MMA Thread the Third

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I really wanted him and Alvey to win. Alvey was losing but was not done and can always knock out the other guy out.

The Beneil fight, not that great.
I thought he lost 3-0. Maybe he won round 3. I guess two judges gave him round 1. I didn't see that.

Ya I meant the Dariush Johnson fight. I was pretty psyched about that one, sucks it didn't live up to my expectations. I too like Dariush.

And of course I wanted Alvey to win. I want more ridiculously cheerful post fight interviews from him. Dude is funny.

I didn't see the Hendricks fight there before.

So, title fight, 1 vs 3 and the return of Evans in the main card.

Plus Jessica Eye is fighting again.

Oh shit, I also missed that Arlovski got added to 191. VS MIR?! Ohhhh shit. And Felder is on the card now as well? Alright...I'm more excited.

I do hope that Arlovski gets a better fight after this, though. He did absolutely destroy Browne, after all...Was this a replacement deal or something? EDIT: Never mind, I see what the storyline is. Holy shit, this should at least be fun.

:lol: now that you're all caught up on Mir vs Arlovski, I'm going to admit I'm intrigued. Way more intrigued than any other fight that's getting put on so many years after it was originally planned (and should have/seemed like it would have ever made sense).

I hate to have to root against Arlovski. But there ya go.

They should have had the Mir Arlovski fight on the Pride 2015 card that was the majority of 190.

Last edited:
Oh shit, yeah, that could've been a lot of fun.

I knew there was a unification fight that Arlovski was supposed to have, I guess it just never clicked that it was Mir. So cool.

189 is already? The Mexico card wasn't even on there yet the other day when I checked. Speaking of Mexico, I saw something about Cain getting an automatic rematch. :down: I'm sure he'll just get injured again and Werdum will end up fighting either Arlovski or Mir.

Last edited:
189 is already? The Mexico card wasn't even on there yet the other day when I checked. Speaking of Mexico, I saw something about Cain getting an automatic rematch. :down: I'm sure he'll just get injured again and Werdum will end up fighting either Arlovski or Mir.

Not only that, he got his ass handed to him. I'm sick of every champ getting auto rematches even when they get destroyed.

Not only that, he got his ass handed to him. I'm sick of every champ getting auto rematches even when they get destroyed.

yeah, i am not sure i'm even the biggest fan of the automatic rematch after a close fight necessarily. definitely think giving cain one is bullshit, he got his ass whooped.

I hated that whole Mexico City card

I don't care about who won, or who the fighters were

Fighting in that high heat, and 2nd worse air pollution on the planet, plus stupid high elevation, and then add in the ref responding to dirtbag fans that want this to be a cock fight. Why standups when one fighter was clearly improving his position without blood, fans booing? fuck the dirtbags

but White, 9% minority owner, with the other 91% big money owners liked the Mexico City returns, fuck the fighters, their stuggles, sacrifices and families don't mean shit

so sure, the Cain rematch in LV would be good

I think I saw that article, this post, and a text from my friend from work telling me about that all within like 5 minutes of each other.

Which means it probably won't happen. #MMAmath

Y u announce awesome cardz liek this, ufc. U no tehy just fall apart a month b4!

That's what a mofo impression of me trying not to get too psyched for a card so far away.

You and all the comments sections on Reddit :lol:.

I'm trying to keep the excitement to a minimum.

That sounds like a terrible idea to me for the division. Like, if all of the best fight at the same time, then you're going to be waiting quite a while to see another one. IMO.

He wants to be next to fight the winner or if someone pulls out he takes their place. Smart moves on his part.

Last edited:
Well, I get that, but yeah, him wanting to fight the winner, I'd rather see him headline a fight night prior to Fox 17.

That sounds like a terrible idea to me for the division. Like, if all of the best fight at the same time, then you're going to be waiting quite a while to see another one. IMO.

They've done this sort of thing several times.

They do it a lot, and in theory it's not a terrible idea because it sort of matches up if a top contender fight happens around the same time as the title fight for that division the idea is that whoever wins each fight will be ready to fight again around the same time. Of course that's not always the case, but I get why they do it.

They've done this sort of thing several times.

I can dig that, I just hadn't seen it yet. Not at that level, anyways. I have certainly seen top 10 ranked fighters in the same division fight on the same card. But like, if the Tate/Eye fight had been on the 190 card, that would've been crazy, to me.

They do it a lot, and in theory it's not a terrible idea because it sort of matches up if a top contender fight happens around the same time as the title fight for that division the idea is that whoever wins each fight will be ready to fight again around the same time. Of course that's not always the case, but I get why they do it.

Yeah, I figured that might be the logic. Cool.

Back
Top Bottom