MMA Thread pt 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IWasBored

Blue Crack Supplier
Just like there are all these shows, we're going through threads like a..thing that does lots of posts. Or something. I don't know, given that the 1st mma thread was almost exclusively mofo and Jt, post counts have sort of blown up around here kind of like to go along with the fact that there are SO MANY FIGHTS coming up to round out the year. So as goes the running joke on my favorite mma-related podcast, the Co-Main Event, continue discoursing this shizz.

I just watched Weidman vs Silva I.

I'm dying.

If Silva came back to the Octagon after that, yeah, Rousey can come back after losing to Holm.

There can't be a more embarrassing loss. There can't be.

chris-weidman-anderson-silva-knockout-gif.gif

This should just be the default response any time someone gets owned in a Internet fight.

What I don't understand is, why are the odd fights on fight pass in Spanish? So far I've found three, Sonnen Vs Stann, Mighty Mouse vs Miguel Torres, and I forget what the third was (I want to say a random Chris Leben fight). For some reason, those individual fights (rather than picking them out of the events they were from) stick me with commentary in Spanish and I do not understand why.

Heads up
Bellator tomorrow night, Friday
And Glory 26 from Amsterdam is on at 1 am CBSSports, check your local listings, I will dvr it.

Last edited:
I just watched Weidman vs Silva I.

I'm dying.

If Silva came back to the Octagon after that, yeah, Rousey can come back after losing to Holm.

There can't be a more embarrassing loss. There can't be.

Id love to watch Rousey's next 2 fights go the same way Silva's did. That would be a perfect way to transition to what ever is next for her.

nah, i have no interest in seeing her leg fall off, win a lackluster decision, and then have an awkward nsac hearing when she pops for steroids she argues came from thai sex supplements.

I wish it were next weekend already. So excited for next Saturday's card. On paper, it should be one of the best cards in a long time. Watch half of the fighters get injured or not make weight now.

nah, i have no interest in seeing her leg fall off, win a lackluster decision, and then have an awkward nsac hearing when she pops for steroids she argues came from thai sex supplements.
I really would
I think Silva is/was way more legetimate than she is, she just needs to go away so the UFC and White stop pandering and propping her up
Let the women's divisions advance on the merits of all the fighters.

I really don't understand why marketing and advertising upsets you so much. It's what companies have to do to make money. No big deal.

advertising, marketing, promotion and hype, even wolf tickets
I just want the product to be legit

have you ever seen me attack Connor? I am just standing back watching his circus, I can't say he is not legit, I kind of think Aldo, might end it. Odds makers don't. Unlike Rousey, he will fight anybody, no coddling from him, he is itching to jump up 10 pounds and fight better fighters. If he was Rousey, he would have already fought Cyborg and beat her.

are you aware Rousey pro MMA wins include her early fights at 145 with her even saying on video before a fight "Cyborb I am coming for you."
She also fought Tweed at 150 pounds catch white. I know the Cyborg fight will most likely never happen. But to not agreed to a catch weight at 140 when she was going around claiming to be the greatest fighter/ athlete of all time made her a fucking joke to any one that has a fucking clue.
If she cant fight at that weight then erase all her wins at over 135.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/conor-mcgregor-plans-jose-aldo-ko-then-taking-015505744--mma.html

Last edited:
I do think Ronda has been great for the UFC, she was perfect for the launch, a good looking blonde CA beach girl, Olympics and all that. To go with 145 pounds and Cyborg would not have been near as successful.

I have a bunch of MMA apps and read all the articles. it is all that stuff that has taken me to these conclusions I don't cut and paste and posts links to all that to explain why I am where I am at.

but it is many things like this

Dana White
“Ronda Rousey has gone undefeated, taken the sport to another level, and was beating the best women in the world in 14 seconds or 30 seconds, so she deserves a rematch. Holly agrees she deserves a rematch, and we'll figure it out.”

best women in the world?
14 seconds - Cat Z. ok
30 seconds - Bethe, give me a break, no where near the best

so who is really on that list? the best should include the number 1 contender and she beat her at 658 seconds

also, a rematch, I get there is a market, but please give me another example where a champ was so devastated and got the very next
fight?

Holm should fight her next year, but Holm could have fought Tate, and indicated she was open to it, until White shut it down.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/dana-w...ey-gets-immediate-rematch-190943152--mma.html

Last edited:
I really don't understand why marketing and advertising upsets you so much. It's what companies have to do to make money. No big deal.

Why not a fight between Rousey and Tate, that would sell and even build the Holm- Rousey to a bigger event.

and help erase that Rousey one-sided beat down form our collective consciousness.

I wish it were next weekend already. So excited for next Saturday's card. On paper, it should be one of the best cards in a long time. Watch half of the fighters get injured or not make weight now.

Right?? I'm half expecting Rockhold to go surfing against all advice and get eaten by a shark or something.

I guess at least deep can point to this thread and say at least he hated on Rousey long before she lost. :shrug:

I loved her, then I hated her, now I pity her. It's a difficult relationship.

Fightsssssneexxxtttweekeend

my opinion of her was never really that strong, i guess? i was really happy for holly holm, but it was because she had an awesome fight and how do you not love that story? it wasn't because she crushed the ufc's cash cow and i want to see the world burn. i dont know, i read a lot of the sites deep reads, i ignore a lot of the articles when they get too gossipy. i don't like the idea of the immediate rematch because all the more knowledgeable people seem to be against it due to the fact that rousey got wrecked on fighting skill rather than caught.

can we just talk about how excited we should all be for gunnar nelson and demian maia to grapple the hell out of each other? i know, i know, it's just one fight in a whole week full of crazy interesting fights. but it's seriously in the top 3 of fights i'm most psyched about seeing from this whole thing.

Last edited:
advertising, marketing, promotion and hype, even wolf tickets
I just want the product to be legit

have you ever seen me attack Connor? I am just standing back watching his circus, I can't say he is not legit, I kind of think Aldo, might end it. Odds makers don't. Unlike Rousey, he will fight anybody, no coddling from him, he is itching to jump up 10 pounds and fight better fighters. If he was Rousey, he would have already fought Cyborg and beat her.

are you aware Rousey pro MMA wins include her early fights at 145 with her even saying on video before a fight "Cyborb I am coming for you."
She also fought Tweed at 150 pounds catch white. I know the Cyborg fight will most likely never happen. But to not agreed to a catch weight at 140 when she was going around claiming to be the greatest fighter/ athlete of all time made her a fucking joke to any one that has a fucking clue.
If she cant fight at that weight then erase all her wins at over 135.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/conor-mcgregor-plans-jose-aldo-ko-then-taking-015505744--mma.html

wolf tickets, heh.

#FreeNickDiaz

I became disappointed in her after hearing about the domestic violence hypocrisy, and at that point I wanted to see her lose . But then she got dominated, skewered in the news, and seems to be stuck in a very destructive cycle of not wanting to leave what she knows, meaning she will probably not improve, and that makes me sad. She comes across as a lost little kid sometimes.

There are so many fights I am HYPED for, I'm not sure I could rank three, but Nelson / Maia is definitely at the top.

Btw, what the hell happened to get Makdessi and Yancy on fight pass, not even headlining?

That's how ridiculous this card is--even the people on fight pass are people we've heard of. I have heard of literally (the actual meaning of the word, not the Dana White meaning of it) every single fighter on this card. When was the last time that happened?

Oh no wait, I take that back. I have no idea who that girl Torres is fighting is. Never mind. If Waterson hadn't gotten injured, I would have been able to say that. So close.

Last edited:
The girl Tecia is fighting seems like a wild card. She's got a decent resume. But in all likelihood, The Tiny Tornado remains undefeated.

Oh my God I keep forgetting I'm about to see Barboza fight again. :hyper:

Youknow what is so great about next week?

THERE IS STILL UFC ON FOX AND 195 AFTER IT :faint:

From what I can tell, a lot of these Reebok complaints are about descriptions in the site, and not on the actual shirts. Did they really make a shirt that called him heavyweight champ?

From what I can tell, a lot of these Reebok complaints are about descriptions in the site, and not on the actual shirts. Did they really make a shirt that called him heavyweight champ?

Yes.

http://mmajunkie.com/2015/12/ufc-st...therweight-title-ryan-bader-heavyweight-champ

The McGregor one is one thing, he doesn't have the real belt but the ufc is still trying to call him the champ already in half their promotional shit anyway (really all an interim title is is you won a #1 contender fight, it's not really an interim belt when you didn't defend it in the...interim...). But it's extra hilarious to declare Bader the champ of a division he doesn't even fight in.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom