MMA Thread pt 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-02-2015, 01:28 AM   #1
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:20 PM
MMA Thread pt 4

Just like there are all these shows, we're going through threads like a..thing that does lots of posts. Or something. I don't know, given that the 1st mma thread was almost exclusively mofo and Jt, post counts have sort of blown up around here kind of like to go along with the fact that there are SO MANY FIGHTS coming up to round out the year. So as goes the running joke on my favorite mma-related podcast, the Co-Main Event, continue discoursing this shizz.

Old 12-02-2015, 01:36 AM   #2
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 11:20 AM
I just watched Weidman vs Silva I.

I'm dying.

If Silva came back to the Octagon after that, yeah, Rousey can come back after losing to Holm.

There can't be a more embarrassing loss. There can't be.

Old 12-02-2015, 01:39 AM   #3
Blue Crack Distributor

This should just be the default response any time someone gets owned in a Internet fight.
Old 12-03-2015, 02:19 AM   #4
Blue Crack Supplier

mighty mouse
Old 12-03-2015, 08:20 AM   #5
Blue Crack Supplier

What I don't understand is, why are the odd fights on fight pass in Spanish? So far I've found three, Sonnen Vs Stann, Mighty Mouse vs Miguel Torres, and I forget what the third was (I want to say a random Chris Leben fight). For some reason, those individual fights (rather than picking them out of the events they were from) stick me with commentary in Spanish and I do not understand why.
Old 12-03-2015, 07:36 PM   #6
Blue Meth Addict

Local Time: 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IWasBored View Post
mighty mouse
Just watched the first third of the podcast. Entertaining stuff.
Old 12-04-2015, 12:58 AM   #7
Blue Crack Addict

Heads up
Bellator tomorrow night, Friday
And Glory 26 from Amsterdam is on at 1 am CBSSports, check your local listings, I will dvr it.
Old 12-04-2015, 01:11 AM   #8
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
I just watched Weidman vs Silva I.

I'm dying.

If Silva came back to the Octagon after that, yeah, Rousey can come back after losing to Holm.

There can't be a more embarrassing loss. There can't be.

Id love to watch Rousey's next 2 fights go the same way Silva's did. That would be a perfect way to transition to what ever is next for her.
Old 12-04-2015, 05:34 AM   #9
Blue Crack Supplier

nah, i have no interest in seeing her leg fall off, win a lackluster decision, and then have an awkward nsac hearing when she pops for steroids she argues came from thai sex supplements.
Old 12-04-2015, 12:51 PM   #10
Blue Meth Addict

I wish it were next weekend already. So excited for next Saturday's card. On paper, it should be one of the best cards in a long time. Watch half of the fighters get injured or not make weight now.
Old 12-04-2015, 01:00 PM   #11
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWasBored View Post
nah, i have no interest in seeing her leg fall off, win a lackluster decision, and then have an awkward nsac hearing when she pops for steroids she argues came from thai sex supplements.
I really would
I think Silva is/was way more legetimate than she is, she just needs to go away so the UFC and White stop pandering and propping her up
Let the women's divisions advance on the merits of all the fighters.
Old 12-04-2015, 01:17 PM   #12
Blue Meth Addict

I really don't understand why marketing and advertising upsets you so much. It's what companies have to do to make money. No big deal.
Old 12-04-2015, 01:34 PM   #13
Blue Crack Addict

advertising, marketing, promotion and hype, even wolf tickets
I just want the product to be legit

have you ever seen me attack Connor? I am just standing back watching his circus, I can't say he is not legit, I kind of think Aldo, might end it. Odds makers don't. Unlike Rousey, he will fight anybody, no coddling from him, he is itching to jump up 10 pounds and fight better fighters. If he was Rousey, he would have already fought Cyborg and beat her.

are you aware Rousey pro MMA wins include her early fights at 145 with her even saying on video before a fight "Cyborb I am coming for you."
She also fought Tweed at 150 pounds catch white. I know the Cyborg fight will most likely never happen. But to not agreed to a catch weight at 140 when she was going around claiming to be the greatest fighter/ athlete of all time made her a fucking joke to any one that has a fucking clue.
If she cant fight at that weight then erase all her wins at over 135.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/conor-m...5744--mma.html
Old 12-04-2015, 01:55 PM   #14
Blue Crack Addict

I do think Ronda has been great for the UFC, she was perfect for the launch, a good looking blonde CA beach girl, Olympics and all that. To go with 145 pounds and Cyborg would not have been near as successful.

I have a bunch of MMA apps and read all the articles. it is all that stuff that has taken me to these conclusions I don't cut and paste and posts links to all that to explain why I am where I am at.

but it is many things like this

Quote:
Dana White
“Ronda Rousey has gone undefeated, taken the sport to another level, and was beating the best women in the world in 14 seconds or 30 seconds, so she deserves a rematch. Holly agrees she deserves a rematch, and we'll figure it out.”
best women in the world?
14 seconds - Cat Z. ok
30 seconds - Bethe, give me a break, no where near the best

so who is really on that list? the best should include the number 1 contender and she beat her at 658 seconds

also, a rematch, I get there is a market, but please give me another example where a champ was so devastated and got the very next
fight?

Holm should fight her next year, but Holm could have fought Tate, and indicated she was open to it, until White shut it down.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/dana-wh...3152--mma.html
Old 12-04-2015, 02:24 PM   #15
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2popmofo View Post
I really don't understand why marketing and advertising upsets you so much. It's what companies have to do to make money. No big deal.

Why not a fight between Rousey and Tate, that would sell and even build the Holm- Rousey to a bigger event.

and help erase that Rousey one-sided beat down form our collective consciousness.