MMA Thread part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
method=get&s=ufc-167-the-weighin-11-15-2013-23-25-52-749.JPG

FB prelims were pretty good..

]

Did not wake up early enough to watch those.

I did just eat a surprisingly delicious mozzerella and tomato panini at panera (it's 100 feet from the movie theater and I am very lazy). not be roast beef sliders, but quite tasty despite the fact that it was panera. I also wish I still carried my umass ID with me, the lady at the ticket counter assumed I was a student.

is JT ok?

hendricks should have won that. hate saying it, but without reading anything online from anywhere yet, i don't see how gsp won at all. i wanted gsp to win, and it was a little scary when he slipped and fell over (especially with the guy sitting behind me yelling "kill him, johny!" ).

that first fight was good, like watching a russian midget take on a kobold (it took me til the drive home to figure out exactly what kind of weird, underground fantasy world species eliot reminded me of. i'm going to go with kobold).

i like that rory macdonald lost. almost makes up for chael. the fuck. i think i blinked once and he was finished. i know it was almost a whole round, but it was way quicker than everything else, and such a one-sided ass beating. oh right...woodley and koscheck, i'd already forgotten about that one. lol.

I has heartattack.

for real though, I honestly had that fight 48-47 GSP. In the rounds he lost, GSP got beat up, but it's not a damage competition. He held his own in the other 3 rounds and controlled Hendricks enough for the win. Scary fight though. wonder whats next for the welterweight division

I'd like to see a 4 man mini tournament for the belt. Hendricks, Condit, Lawler, and throw in Woodly for a wildcard

Oh, i know it has little to do with whose face is more fucked up at the end. And GSP always looks beat up by the end of five rounds, even when it's a lot more obvious that he won than it was in this fight.

I laughed when GSP was dragging Hendricks by his leg and Hendricks just slid across the floor instead of going over. But there were a lot more scary moments (since I really didn't want to see GSP lose), spread out through most of the rounds. I know it's not really a count of 'scary moments,' either. But they sure added up to make things look bad.

I personally would have thought it was just as controversial to give Hendricks that win in a decision. By no means did I think he "did enough" to get the win. He made it sound as if he'd gone in there and scrubbed the floor with GSP, which he didn't even come close to doing. GSP was tagging Hendricks more than he's tagged anyone with shots in ages. I will say that I was shocked by how much Hendricks was rag dolling GSP in the clinch. I've literally never seen anyone throw him around like that, I wonder if GSP even trained grappling for this fight.

I will say that I was shocked by how much Hendricks was rag dolling GSP in the clinch. I've literally never seen anyone throw him around like that, I wonder if GSP even trained grappling for this fight.

Me too. And how hard Georges had to work for takedowns. Not sure I want to see them fight again, but it seems inevitable.

IWB, as soon as that foot slide thing happened, I said I wanted to see a gif of it as soon as I got home

I personally would have thought it was just as controversial to give Hendricks that win in a decision. By no means did I think he "did enough" to get the win. He made it sound as if he'd gone in there and scrubbed the floor with GSP, which he didn't even come close to doing. GSP was tagging Hendricks more than he's tagged anyone with shots in ages. I will say that I was shocked by how much Hendricks was rag dolling GSP in the clinch. I've literally never seen anyone throw him around like that, I wonder if GSP even trained grappling for this fight.

I stayed home and paid the $45 to watch it on my 15 year old 32 inch tv.
I also DVRed it so I can go back and rewatch.

I had GSP winning rounds 3 and 5 for sure. Hennicks has gassed out by round 5 and GSP using his strength and Hennicks foot to mop up the octagon was funny.

Hennicks won rounds 2 and 4. I will rewatch round one, for sure. But I can't fault the two judges that gave it to GSP, in a close fight.

Hennicks can not honestly say he got robbed, whining like that makes him look like a crybaby. He needs to step back and not just listen to his fans and team members.

I rewatched the entire fight and I have more respect for GSP.

Dana White needs to shut the fuck up. Henricks could not get the job done and GSP showed how much heart he had. OK, one can argue it was close, but again Johnny was not robbed at all.

I rewatched the entire fight and I have more respect for GSP.

Dana White needs to shut the fuck up. Henricks could not get the job done and GSP showed how much heart he had. OK, one can argue it was close, but again Johnny was not robbed at all.

:up:

Listening to Dana at the press conference, you'd think Hendricks was held up at gunpoint and had his belt stolen away from him

So, is there a gif?

I stayed home and paid the $45 to watch it on my 15 year old 32 inch tv.
I also DVRed it so I can go back and rewatch.

I had GSP winning rounds 3 and 5 for sure. Hennicks has gassed out by round 5 and GSP using his strength and Hennicks foot to mop up the octagon was funny.

Hennicks won rounds 2 and 4. I will rewatch round one, for sure. But I can't fault the two judges that gave it to GSP, in a close fight.

Hennicks can not honestly say he got robbed, whining like that makes him look like a crybaby. He needs to step back and not just listen to his fans and team members.

The first round, I had no idea whatsoever what to do with that. Otherwise, I agree with 3 and 5 for GSP...they just felt by a closer margin than I felt Hendricks took 3 and 4? If that makes sense? I understand the concept behind the scoring system, but I suck at being able to figure out who's winning a fight that close, especially when this is the first time I've actually watched a fight without already knowing how it ends (except for jones/gustaffson, everything I've watched had been from months or years ago).

Hendricks did sound pretty ridiculous at the press conference. He didn't mop the floor with GSP, and took the fact that GSP didn't mop the floor with him to mean "omg i kicked his ass." They both hit each other, they both got a couple takedowns that didn't stay down, and it was the kind of thing where most of my impression as to who won came from probably subconsiously giving more to Hendricks for doing better than I thought he would, combined with not really seeing GSP "do enough" to really solidify a win either.

White sounded like a hyperbolic crazy person, but when does he not stand up at the press conference after a big fight that ends in a close decision and not sound a little too much like "this is my opinion, see me wearing it on my sleeve, I'm fucking right goddammit!" I generally like listening to what he has to say, regardless of how many grains of salt I take it with (a grain for who and what his job is, a grain for it being a gut reaction, etc). That link mofo posted was a lot more rational and tempered than screaming about how he's fucking afraid of what the judges at the next big fight in Nevada may say if neither fighter finishes (or if it's what I watched this morning before going to sleep, I didn't actually check it just now cos I'm at work and writing walls of text on my phone again).

I think we're GSP fanboys, as the entire rest of the internet seems to think he was obliterated.

Nah, you're not the only ones, I saw some losers on YouTube who thought GSP won too.

:shrug: I thought Hendricks won, but nowhere near as emphatically as the entire Internet seems to have. I wanted GSP to go in there and eat Hendricks' face. It didnt happen, though.

Apparently Rogan was on Opie and Anthony this morning. He was talking about GSP being on his podcast and how he's afraid GSP has taken way too many headshots. I guess he was saying he believes he gets abducted by aliens and doesn't remember how he gets home from the gym some days.

There's also an article floating around showing half of the strikes Georges has taken in his career have been in the last 3 fights.

no. I haven't listened to a Joe Rogan podcast forever. It's always the same shit and then breaks down into a mutual jerkoff session with whoever he's interviewing about how the podcast has helped everyone and how it's great not to have a boss to answer to

I only watch the MMA ones for the most part (and Neil deGrass Tyson, Sam Harris, etc). The GSP one is interesting.

I just watched it. It wasn't as crazy as I was expecting. He's still very well spoken despite the language barrier. I doubt the blows to the head are doing him any good, but they don't seem to be causing him any outward mental issues... unless of course his lapses in time are a real thing

I'm partial to Rogans assumption on the show that GSP is probably just working out so much that he's exhausted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom