MMA Thread part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, one of the worst main events in a UFC card I've seen in a long time. Co-main event KO was cool though.

I hardly slept last night and couldn't keep my eyes open for the event. Any of the fights worth tracking down?

The first fight was pretty good, TJ Dillashaw vs Assuncao. Kim's KO of Eric Silva was pretty awesome.

The fight on Ultimate Fighter was AWESOME though! One of the best fights I've seen on the show in quite some time.

Oh, I saw that KO when I momentarily awoke from my slumber. Outta nowhere

I haven't watched any TUF this season. Maybe I'll catch up online. I've really grown to not like Rousey though

It's been really entertaining watching her melt down on the show. It's been a really good season actually, fights and drama.

Glory Kickboxing is starting on Spike right now (Heavyweight tournament). I think I was wrong a week or two ago, I believe this is actually the Spike premiere of it. Tyrone Spong is fighting, he's a pretty big deal (more or less the best kickboxer in the world).

Putting glory kickboxing into a YouTube search yields some videos with some of the most obnoxious editing ever. I realize it's highlights from matches, but they couldn't have done that any more amateurishly and poorly, especially the audio.

I wonder if we have spike on the cable here at work. Imma go check.

Yeah, I believe they only had televised deals outside of the US, so their shows' production value was pretty low. Spike bought the rights to show it in the US, they've got whatshisname from Pride and Strikeforce commentating, and Duke Rufus as well (pretty big name striking coach in MMA). Been pretty good so far, much more exciting fights than Bellator.

An, I see. I went to check it out n YouTube when you'd mentioned it last, but the weird audio editing was driving me nuts.

I have no idea if we have spike here, my coworkers are idiots and insist that we watch baseball.

American Kickboxing Academy has to have the most boring fighters in all of MMA. Fitch, Cormier, Cain, etc. I'm starting to think Cormier is the flat out most overrated guy in all of MMA, dude is boring as hell to watch.

American Kickboxing Academy has to have the most boring fighters in all of MMA. Fitch, Cormier, Cain, etc. I'm starting to think Cormier is the flat out most overrated guy in all of MMA, dude is boring as hell to watch.

Yep. Cormier ruined what was otherwise a great card. The show had great momentum going up to that point. I get really annoyed when I hear Joe and Goldie talk about how great a fighter Velasquez is. The guy just smothers people against the fence and throws sort, boring strikes. It's like vertical ground and pound. Can't wait to see someone exciting beat him and take the belt.
Can't wait to see Amagov fight again!

Can't wait to see Amagov fight again!

Just watched this, pretty crazy! Knocking some dude out while he's trying to take you down, not sure if I've ever seen that.

I agree with you about Cain, I was really unimpressed with his game plan. Then again, he probably would have finished 90% of guys with the strikes he was throwing, so I guess a lot of props go to Dos Santos.

The guy just smothers people against the fence and throws sort, boring strikes. It's like vertical ground and pound. Can't wait to see someone exciting beat him and take the belt.

Yeah. The Internet gives me the impression that a lot of people tend to think ground game = boring/standing up = actual fight, all of the time. But then I watch someone like Velasquez, and wonder how that could possibly be true. Sure he's standing and punching, but it's still putting me to sleep.

I didn't see any of these fights, though.

Just watched this, pretty crazy! Knocking some dude out while he's trying to take you down, not sure if I've ever seen that.

Sounds like I should find this.

zoDasyO.gif

Friggin' Cormier

Blows my mind anyone thinks he actually deserves an immediate title shot at Light Heavyweight. Then again, it would be fun to see Jones annihilate him.

Someone on Reddit was reminded of Cormier's similar past kick. Mir's face kills me.

760513331.gif

I watched the "was supposed to have been a PPV event until Tito got hurt" Bellator card last night. SO FREAKING BORING. I honestly have been disappointed in every single Bellator event I've seen recently. Not sure when all their fighters turned into such "I just want to do enough not to lose" type pansies. Pretty much all their biggest name fighters were on that card last night, and they all fought that way. Terrible.

I've never watched a single fight Bellator has put on (and the geriatric fight that didn't happen wasn't going to convince me to start), and your posts are doing a good job at keeping it that way.

2 free UFC events on Fox Sports one this week, Wednesday and Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom