MLP 2K5 Playoff edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The White Sox missed two sacrifice bunts and got caught stealing twice. Small-ball is not as easy as some may think.

I can't believe the Chisox dropped that game. They've been off for 3 days, rotation set, and California has been cris-crossing the country and threw out a starter on 3 days.

That's a big win for Cali.

speedracer said:
The White Sox missed two sacrifice bunts and got caught stealing twice. Small-ball is not as easy as some may think.
The at bat by Podsednik in the 8th may have been the worst at bat of the 2005 season. It looked like he was trying to bunt the ball into the 3rd base dugout both times, his bat was facing into the stands practically. Then to take a called 3rd strike, bad AB.

Chizip said:
I think the Cubs prediction negates any of your good picks though.

The cubs :lmao:
Eh, I'm an American League guy. Besides if Wood, Prior, Garciaparra etc. stay healthy, the Cubs might have stayed within 15 games of the Cards.

MrBrau1 said:
I can't believe the Chisox dropped that game. They've been off for 3 days, rotation set, and California has been cris-crossing the country and threw out a starter on 3 days.

How about this...Chicago has lost their last 4 to the Angels in their ballpark...anyone recall that during their stretch run, Anaheim went into Chi-town needing to win to keep pace with Oakland...

On Sept. 9, they beat Buerhle 6-5 but he only went 6 innings and he gave up 10 hits and 5 EARNED runs..

On Sept. 10, they beat Garland 10-5; he went 6 innings and gave up 8 hits and 7 EARNED runs...

On Sept. 11, they beat El Duque 6-1; he only went 2 innings giving up 4...

Albeit tired, Anaheim was apparently motivated by their last visit; I had to believe that they will go after Buerhle hard tonight...Jarod Washburn will be pitching for Anaheim; his record may not be impressive but the team really didn't score a lot of runs for him...

MrBrau1 said:

How about this...Chicago has lost their last 4 to the Angels in their ballpark...anyone recall that during their stretch run, Anaheim went into Chi-town needing to win to keep pace with Oakland...

On Sept. 9, they beat Buerhle 6-5 but he only went 6 innings and he gave up 10 hits and 5 EARNED runs..

On Sept. 10, they beat Garland 10-5; he went 6 innings and gave up 8 hits and 7 EARNED runs...

On Sept. 11, they beat El Duque 6-1; he only went 2 innings giving up 4...

Albeit tired, Anaheim was apparently motivated by their last visit; I have to believe that they will go after Buerhle hard tonight...Jarod Washburn will be pitching for Anaheim; his record may not be impressive but the team really didn't score a lot of runs for him...

Top Ten New York Yankees Excuses

10. "The Angels have developed a secret pitch that curves"

9. "Players left logy by clubhouse paella"

8. "Aren't used to rat-free outfield"

7. "Average player age is 52"

6. "Didn't know if they were playing California Angels, Anaheim Angels, or Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim"

5. "Acid reflux"

4. "How are you supposed to field a competitive team on $200 million?"

3. "Due to typo in latest memo, Steinbrenner demanded players give 10%"

2. "Giambi lost his lucky syringe" :silent:

1. "Who can concentrate on Baseball when Hockey is back?"

its kind of funny to see a red sox fan making fun of the yankees when the red sox got swept

Chizip said:
its kind of funny to see a red sox fan making fun of the yankees when the red sox got swept

That was Letterman's Top Ten list. I believe he is a Yankees fan.

And just remember -- not only did the Cards get swept last year, Jimmy Fallon and Drew Barrymore befouled the Busch Stadium grass for all eternity.

Last edited:
speedracer said:

That was Letterman's Top Ten list. I believe he is a Yankees fan.

And just remember -- not only did the Cards get swept last year, Jimmy Fallon and Drew Barrymore befouled the Busch Stadium grass for all eternity.

yes but it was a Red Sox fan that brought it to this board.

Busch stadium is coming down this year so we don't have to worry about that befoulment too much longer. And I'd rather get swept in the World Series than the first round.

Chizip said:

yes but it was a Red Sox fan that brought it to this board.

Busch stadium is coming down this year so we don't have to worry about that befoulment too much longer. And I'd rather get swept in the World Series than the first round.

You do understand that Red Sox & Yankee fans have a great rivalry?

MrBrau1 said:

You do understand that Red Sox & Yankee fans have a great rivalry?

yes but there is a thing called humility

at least the yankees won a game, i dont think red sox fans are in a any position to mock the yankees

but i guess humility and red sox fans dont really go hand in hand

Chizip said:

yes but there is a thing called humility

at least the yankees won a game, i dont think red sox fans are in a any position to mock the yankees

but i guess humility and red sox fans dont really go hand in hand

Damn. A Red Sox fan posts last nite's Letterman top 10, so Red Sox fans have no humility.

Are all Card's fans so superior?

I should have rubbed their nose in last year's WS "performance" alot more.

But I was humble. How can that be? I'm a Red Sox fan?

I'm just saying if the Cardinals and Cubs were in the playoffs, and the Cardinals got swept out of the first round, I wouldn't be trying to mock the Cubs failures when the Cardinals had failed just as bad, if not more so.

do you know all Red Sox fans personally Chizip? I don't think you're in the position to judge the humility of every single one of them. If the Red Sox and their fans can be mocked, certainly the Yankees and their fans can take it ..certainly coming from a show that's based in NYC and from a late night host. Last time I checked, I think I have the right to post what I want w/ in the regs here, and even to post in the sports forum.

I would put my humility up against anyone's :) If you have some sort of personal issue w/ me that makes you make such an issue out of a silly top ten list, I think that's kind of sad

Chizip said:
I'm just saying if the Cardinals and Cubs were in the playoffs, and the Cardinals got swept out of the first round, I wouldn't be trying to mock the Cubs failures when the Cardinals had failed just as bad, if not more so.

Aw, c'mon. You never made fun of the Cubs for what happened in 2003?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom