MLP 2K5 Playoff edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If Atlanta wins this game, I think you can pretty much pencil in St. Louis as the NL champion.

Last edited:
that ballpark is a joke. both the grand slam and game winning home run dont go out in an other park, that left field fence is ridiculous.

not to mention the stupid flag pole and hill in center, and that they close the roof on perfectly nice days, i hate it when the cards have to play there.

yeah it wont matter though the cardinals are going to beat them anyway. they wont be stopped this year.

yeah and its a different/better team this year.

no carpenter last year
no mulder last year
a really shitty morris last year compared to a less shitty morris this year

a more seasoned offense that wont disappear in this years world series much like last years, theyve been there before and tasted it now.

StlElevation said:

a more seasoned offense that wont disappear in this years world series
Because they won't make it to the World Series. Astros are going all the way after that game yesterday (some game).

Since I haven't been on since Friday, congrats to the White Sox, they were the better team for sure. The Sox better not let Manny go. Unfortunately the White Sox are gonna have a tough time with the Yanks.

But Pettitte, Oswalt and Clemens is a trio that should prevail and win the whole thing, especially with Lidge at the back end.

The Astros threw Pettitte, Oswalt and Clemens at the Cardinals the first 3 games after the all star break and the Cardinals swpet them. The Cardinals are 11-5 against the Astros this year and 2 of the losses were in the last week of the season when they meant nothing to the Cardinals and everything to the Astros.

So while it will be tough, I'm not ready to hand the NLCS to the Astros quite yet. I think it will probably go down to the 7th game like last year.

by the way, the Cards are 7-3 against Pettitte/Oswalt/Clemens this year

Remember that the regular season means bupkus at this point.

Good luck to you and your Cards, but I just think the Astros starting pitching and Lidge will be too much.

the center fielder always makes the call.....i dont give a damn whos in right. Fuck Gary Sheffield and Tim McMarver......."Dave" LaRoche???????

TheBrush said:
the center fielder always makes the call.....i dont give a damn whos in right. Fuck Gary Sheffield and Tim McMarver......."Dave" LaRoche???????

File under the Tim McCarverisms thread. Dave LaRoche is a former pitcher for the Angels. At least he didn't call him Lyndon LaRoche.

Fox cut to commercial before Ervin Santana received his ovation from the crowd. That was really rude.

Last edited:
What the heck was Torre doing in the 9th?

Taking Giambi and Sheffield off the basepaths when 2 down? If you want to win the game, Matsui has to score as well. If you only get 2 runs and tie the game, you're going to lose in extra innings.

Arod.

NY's choice for AL MVP.

0 RBI in game 1 ALDS. :|

0 RBI in game 2 ALDS. :|

0 RBI in game 3 ALDS. :|

0 RBI in game 4 ALDS. :|

0 RBI in game 5 ALDS. :|

Go Chisox! Break that curse, or whatever you call losing alot for 87 years.

Last edited:
speedracer said:
Don't forget the crippling DP in the 9th inning of Game 5...

:wink: Oh yeah.

He so wishes he was Jeter.

2 years in and Arod's Wank playoff legacy consists of a slap in '04 and 0 RBI in '05.

What will next year bring.

How can you have negative RBI?

apparently since both the Yankees and Red Sox are out of the playoffs, Fox has cancelled all coverage of the rest of the playoffs. But don't worry, it will be shown on tape delay on ESPN Ocho after dodgeball. you can always count on the Ocho.

Back
Top Bottom