MLP 2K5 Playoff edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Chizip said:

peavy has a broken rib, he hurt it during their celebration pile up
Great move by him to not mention it or get examined, start game 1 and get shelled for 8 runs.

Wonder if Matt Clement has any broken ribs?
Thank God I had to head to the GA line yesterday instead of home to watch that train wreck.

HG Wells better be solid tonight.

i can't believe the massive amounts of empty seats at turner field for a fucking playoff game.

i know i know... i probably say this every year, but damn... that's really really pathetic.

the upper deck's half friggin empty.

it's an absolute disgrace that a team that's won 14 straight division titles can't even fill their stadium for a playoff game.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
it's an absolute disgrace that a team that's won 14 straight division titles can't even fill their stadium for a playoff game.

It's wrong. In 2003, when the Cubs played the Braves, Cub fans bought tickets to the Atlanta games and flew down there instead of paying the crazy scalper prices in Chicago. :huh:

Headache in a Suitcase said:
i can't believe the massive amounts of empty seats at turner field for a fucking playoff game.

i know i know... i probably say this every year, but damn... that's really really pathetic.

the upper deck's half friggin empty.

I'm surprised the lower deck is full

God Atlanta is bad in the playoffs. sure 14 division straight division titles is nice how much does that mean if you lose in the playoffs every year. I just hope they can stretch the series out to 5 games.

capt.cxs12310060126.red_sox_white_sox_cxs123.jpg

SOCK!!!

(I was nervous for a while there.)

Nice work by Bobby Jenks.

Chicago is up 2-0. Everything is going according to plan. We have them right where we want them.

In all seriousness, I'm disappointed with the way the Red Sox batted in innings 4-7. They abandoned all semblance of plate discipline once they went up 4-0.

Last edited:
speedracer said:

Well, with the increased offensive firepower over the last 10 years, I think those are the stats that are more relevant.

These days, I think you're much more likely to see games decided by bad walks or home runs than by errors, failed double plays, stolen bases, etc. Just as a start, the average number of walks per game is way more than the average number of errors per game.

:wink:

Defense, extra outs, blah blah blah. Tony Graffanino wasn't the one who served up the gopher ball.

Game 1 definitely wasn't decided by poor or excellent defense.

Also, Bill Buckner must be thrilled to know that baseball announcers and writers have no plans to stop picking on him.

Boston has a good chance to pull even back at Fenway with Wakefield and Schilling, setting up a clinching game 5 with either Clement or Brandon Arroyo. I will now bathe in sulfuric acid.

Last edited:
Boston is down 0-2, but as much as I despise them, they can come back. They did it two years ago against the A's., down 0-2 and won in three straight.

If the Yanks win the World Series, it would really make up for last year's collosal collapse.

I hope Wang was like Moose last night. Angels always seem to have the Yanks' number, though. Still can't get over 2002.

Sincerely,

diehard Yankee fan.

You're right; anything can happen...if it weren't for Garrett Anderson playing in 5 steps. coupled with his bad legs and the fact that Juan Rivera should have been in left field last night, that was a 2-1 Angel win....JMO.

speedracer said:
Defense, extra outs, blah blah blah. Tony Graffanino wasn't the one who served up the gopher ball.

Game 1 definitely wasn't decided by poor or excellent defense.

Also, Bill Buckner must be thrilled to know that baseball announcers and writers have no plans to stop picking on him.

It's just payback for earlier in the year

ninth inning tie game... joe crede drops a foul popup.. next pitch manny homers

If Chicago goes through Boston, I'll be pulling for the Pale Hose the rest of the way.

First 1918, then 1917, I'll actually be enjoying that.

How lonely will Cubs fans be? All 3 teams fans have always kinda been grouped together as long suffering.

The Cubs will be all that's left.

MrBrau1 said:
First 1918, then 1917, I'll actually be enjoying that.

How lonely will Cubs fans be? All 3 teams fans have always kinda been grouped together as long suffering.

The Cubs will be all that's left.

Cubs fans will cherish it...like Wrigley field! :D

I am cheering for the Angels! Despite my feelings for the White Sox...I wouldn't mind seeing the Pale's versus the Angels.

zoney! said:

Cubs fans will cherish it...like Wrigley field! :D

I am cheering for the Angels! Despite my feelings for the White Sox...I wouldn't mind seeing the Pale's versus the Angels.

Good answer!

See Yankee fans, you could learn from this. If your team didn't win the WS every 4 years, would you still be a fan?

Nope.

If Mark Bellhorn could have hit his weight rather than strike out a number of times equal to double his weight, the Sox (rojo) wouldn't have traded for Gaffanino, and the series would be tied.
Oh well. There's always tomorrow. (Better say that while I still can)

Back
Top Bottom