MLP 2K5 Playoff edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Headache in a Suitcase said:
i'd like the padres to win it all just to fuck with everyone...

i wouldn't mind the fathers winning it all.

it's going to be tough watching any baseball for me. spent the weekend in the city of losers uh, i mean, cleveland watching my beloved indians add to the lore of cleveland sports.

Hewson said:
Ideally we'd all be better off if Fox just fired McCarver this afternoon.

:up:

We would be better if Fox stopped broadcasting any sports...

We would be even better if Fox stopped broadcasting.

Murdoch, go home! :wink:

Hewson said:
Where was Charlie Sheen when you needed him?

He was down in the Flats with Tom Berenger chasing skirt.

How depressing is it to be a Cleveland sports fan?

Hewson said:
But then we'd be denied the amazing insights of Scooter.

When you say Scooter, I don't think a of an animated ball, I think of Phil Rizzuto calling 80's Yankee games on WPIX. He was awesome:

"Holy Cow! A deep fly ball to left field, the shortstop settles under it and puts it away for the 1st, sorry 3rd out of the inning."

"While I'm at it, let me tell Ozzie Guillen that he did his Wacky Uncle image no favors when he became the first major-league manager in known history to flash a double-fisted choke sign at a mascot -- Slider, employed by the Indians -- and the Jacobs Field fans during a pitching change Sunday. When the Blizzard of Oz wonders why he's not treated like Bobby Cox and Tony La Russa, he should examine the photo and ask if those gentlemen ever would stoop to taunting some poor mope in a suit whose team has just finished fading like, well, Craig Ehlo trying to guard You Know Who." -- 10.3, Jay Mariotti, Sun Times

10.2_Ozzie_choke_BDD.jpg

as president of the buck showalter haters club, i'd like to invite the yankees to shut the fuck up about showalter taking all his players out in the third inning.

This implies you're rooting for the Angels. :love: Very cool. :applaud:

again, just like last year, the only team i'm semi-rooting for will be the houston astros, just because it would be nice to see a guy from my hometown (craig biggio) win the world series.

and now that the red sox finally won the series last year, i really could care less if they win it again.

ozzie guillen's gonna be canned after the season

he's a douche.

when one has a second half like the white sox did, he probably shouldn't go around talking about someone else choking.

While Ozzie is a total nut job, I highly doubt he'll be fired at seasons end.

There has been really little call for Ozzie to be fired here. Does he tinker too much with the line-up? yes. Is he thin skinned? yes. IMO there is much more of an argument for Dusty to be fired. (so now it's the wind's fault they didn't win games at home? :huh: ) I don't think it'll be the stuff he says that'll get him fired.

Anyway, the media here has been billing this round as the "Battle of the Soxes" :| That just sounds wrong to me. Stupid media.

as president of the buck showalter haters club, i'd like to invite the yankees to shut the fuck up about showalter taking all his players out in the third inning.

how can you bitch at showalter when you sat mussina in favor of jarred stinkin wright? please... shut the hell up.

What a joke that was. How the Yankees can say things like that is beyond me. What a bunch of whiners.

if ozzie isn't fired for completely losing his team down the stretch, while at the same time acting like a complete and utter fool, embarassing himself and the franchise... then he will most certainly be on a very short leash come next season. if he survives this offseason, and they get off to a rough start next year, he'll be gone very quickly.

phanan said:

What a joke that was. How the Yankees can say things like that is beyond me. What a bunch of whiners.
From what I've heard the ring leader of the complaining was some guy named Alex Rodriguez...how shocking is that?

Last edited:
yea he thought buck was trying to get back at him or something.

:shrug: i always liked a-rod before he came to the yanks. was a great player and seemed like an equally great guy.

but being able to see him every day, he really does whine a lot for a guy making 25 million a year. :shrug:

still a great great player, though.

predictions

here are the winners.....& losers

White Sox over red sux in four. better pitching & DEFENSE
Angels over Yankees in five.
Angels over W. sox in six.

Astros over Braves in four.
Cardinals over Padres in three.
Astros over Cardinals in seven.

Astros in seven over LA LA

Re: predictions

Imarocker said:

White Sox over red sux in four. better pitching & DEFENSE

I find it odd that you'd emphasize defense here. If keeping runs off the board is a combination of pitching and defense, I'd say defense is 10% of the job, at most.

Page 2 agrees with me.

now that i had my fugazi predictions posted for a day... time for the real ones.

ALDS

Red Sox over White Sox in 4 games
Angels over Yankees in 5 games

NLDS
Cardinals over Padres in 3 games
Astros over Braves in 5 games

ALCS
Angels over Red Sox in 6 games
Cardinals over Astros in 5 games

World Series
Angels over Cardinals in 6 games

World Series MVP
the guy that fred wilpon didn't think was worth 70 million, despite the fact that he gave carlos beltran 119 million :grumpy:

those stats only cover the last 10 years. If you give the opposing teams more chances at the bat, you will probably lose. On top of that the pitching of some teams can't overcome errors consistently.

Imarocker said:
those stats only cover the last 10 years. If you give the opposing teams more chances at the bat, you will probably lose. On top of that the pitching of some teams can't overcome errors consistently.

Well, with the increased offensive firepower over the last 10 years, I think those are the stats that are more relevant.

These days, I think you're much more likely to see games decided by bad walks or home runs than by errors, failed double plays, stolen bases, etc. Just as a start, the average number of walks per game is way more than the average number of errors per game.

Last edited:
Imarocker said:

The Red Sox played terrible defense in Games 1 + 2 of the world series last year, something like 6 errors and how did things turn out for them?

Back
Top Bottom