MLP 2K5 Playoff edition - Page 16 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-11-2005, 11:29 AM   #226
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
speedracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: MD
Posts: 7,573
Local Time: 05:07 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by pub crawler

:laugh out loud:
Don't be laughing too loud -- the Angels pitching staff is so tapped, I hear the Rally Monkey is going to pitch Game 1 tonight.
__________________

__________________
speedracer is offline  
Old 10-11-2005, 11:31 AM   #227
New Yorker
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Los Angeles, CA USA
Posts: 2,551
Local Time: 03:07 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by speedracer


Don't be laughing too loud -- the Angels pitching staff is so tapped, I hear the Rally Monkey is going to pitch Game 1 tonight.
Yep, very thin. I don't think they mind, though.
__________________

__________________
pub crawler is offline  
Old 10-11-2005, 11:32 AM   #228
Blue Crack Addict
 
Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your own private Idaho
Posts: 26,492
Local Time: 05:07 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2@NYC


Always better than being *cough* swiped by a team apparently going downhill... * cough *
If winning your last 5 regular season games and having the leagues' best record is downhill, sign me up.


Lets look at it this way...the Red Sox and Yanks both failed miserably with their off season acquisitions for 2005.
Rent an error was a bust defensively.
The Big Unit was sub par, and got lit up in game 3.
Jaret Wright and Carl Pavano were huge wastes of many of Steinbrenner's millions.
Matt Clement reverted to his old self in the second half, terrible control, will never be real succesful like that.
Tony Womack was a waste of a roster spot.
Wells was not bad, probably the best acquisition for either side, and a fair price as well.
And bringing Tino back didn't hurt the Yanks, but not much real production after May.

Both teams spent their money poorly overall, and the offseason will be interesting.

Just remember the Yanks had the higher expectation, were the Vegas choice for the WS champ, had an over/under proposition of like 106 wins after the big pitching signings, and had the highest payroll by far...so rag on the Red Sox all you want, but llok in the funhouse mirror my friend, your team underperformed at least as much if not more, and your current World series drought is longer than ours.

PS: how about $25 Million for a 2 for 15, 0 RBI playoff performance?
At least Manny hit against the Chisox.
__________________
Hewson is offline  
Old 10-11-2005, 11:38 AM   #229
Blue Crack Addict
 
Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your own private Idaho
Posts: 26,492
Local Time: 05:07 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by pub crawler


Meh. Santana's a lot better than you give him credit for. You'll see.
Santana's got good stuff no question...but tell me you felt comfortable watching him pitch in the 2nd inning?
No way you or anyone in the greater Tijuana area did. If Robinson Cano doesn't run into an out on either a botched hit and run or a lazy steal attempt, the Yanks are in Chicago tonight.
Luckily Santana settled down after that, but the kid was shitting bricks in the 2nd.

I wouldn't dub him the second coming of Sandy Koufax just yet.
__________________
Hewson is offline  
Old 10-11-2005, 11:45 AM   #230
New Yorker
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Los Angeles, CA USA
Posts: 2,551
Local Time: 03:07 AM
It's clear you're still bitter, but that's understandable. The Angels/Yanks series was a battle all the way through. The f'n bosox went out with a whimper.
__________________
pub crawler is offline  
Old 10-11-2005, 11:54 AM   #231
Blue Crack Addict
 
Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your own private Idaho
Posts: 26,492
Local Time: 05:07 AM
I'm far from bitter, just a realist... in fact the Tijuana Angies made me some $$$ by winning the series and Koufax Santana made me some by helping keep last night's game under 8.5 runs (which looked quite dodgy when Colon wanted an early start on the buffet table).
If you care to check the original MLB 2k5 thread (its sevreal pages down and closed at 500+ posts), you'll see I predicted the Red Sox to lose in the divisional round and (gasp) the Northern Mexico Angels to win the World Series.

I'm a bit disappointed with the performance of the majority of the Sox players( Manny showed he is the best hitter in the game still) in the ALDS, but not bitter. I don't get bitter about sports losses, its unhealthy.
__________________
Hewson is offline  
Old 10-11-2005, 12:01 PM   #232
Blue Crack Addict
 
Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your own private Idaho
Posts: 26,492
Local Time: 05:07 AM
My predictions from this past March...now lets forget about the Cubs, but the AL side looks pretty accurate, eh. Just had the first round matchups reversed.
Quote:
Originally posted by Hewson
WC: Boston
Playoffs: Angies over Bos
Chisox over NYY
ALCS: Angies over Chisox



World Series: Angies over Cubs

__________________
Hewson is offline  
Old 10-11-2005, 12:02 PM   #233
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
U2@NYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Back in Buenos Aires
Posts: 4,281
Local Time: 05:07 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Hewson

If winning your last 5 regular season games and having the leagues' best record is downhill, sign me up.


Lets look at it this way...the Red Sox and Yanks both failed miserably with their off season acquisitions for 2005.
Rent an error was a bust defensively.
The Big Unit was sub par, and got lit up in game 3.
Jaret Wright and Carl Pavano were huge wastes of many of Steinbrenner's millions.
Matt Clement reverted to his old self in the second half, terrible control, will never be real succesful like that.
Tony Womack was a waste of a roster spot.
Wells was not bad, probably the best acquisition for either side, and a fair price as well.
And bringing Tino back didn't hurt the Yanks, but not much real production after May.

Both teams spent their money poorly overall, and the offseason will be interesting.

Just remember the Yanks had the higher expectation, were the Vegas choice for the WS champ, had an over/under proposition of like 106 wins after the big pitching signings, and had the highest payroll by far...so rag on the Red Sox all you want, but llok in the funhouse mirror my friend, your team underperformed at least as much if not more, and your current World series drought is longer than ours.

PS: how about $25 Million for a 2 for 15, 0 RBI playoff performance?
At least Manny hit against the Chisox.
I think your points are fair and well fundamented.

Both teams sucked.

Too bad for the MLB and Fox, who will have like 5 people watching from now on (I think my friend's TV remote is broken so he will have no other option).
__________________
U2@NYC is offline  
Old 10-11-2005, 12:08 PM   #234
Blue Crack Addict
 
Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your own private Idaho
Posts: 26,492
Local Time: 05:07 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2@NYC



Too bad for the MLB and Fox, who will have like 5 people watching from now on (I think my friend's TV remote is broken so he will have no other option).
The sad thing is that there should be some good baseball over the next 2.5 weeks, but the viewership may hit record lows.
__________________
Hewson is offline  
Old 10-11-2005, 12:11 PM   #235
Refugee
 
mdw3935's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: A Texas gal in Maryland
Posts: 1,064
Local Time: 06:07 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Chizip
just when you think it couldnt get any worse, the astros have decided to add in a new feature to their ballpark

http://www.sportspickle.com/features...05-astros.html

That wouldn't surprise me if they DID do that.
I've been to that field a few times to watch the Astros and I hate that park. It is so small too and the name is a joke!!!

I miss the good old Astrodome. The astro turf, rainbow seats and all.
__________________
mdw3935 is offline  
Old 10-11-2005, 12:34 PM   #236
Blue Crack Addict
 
phanan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: in the darkness on the edge of town
Posts: 25,062
Local Time: 05:07 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Hewson
The sad thing is that there should be some good baseball over the next 2.5 weeks, but the viewership may hit record lows.
Bud Selig and Rupert Murdoch certainly won't enjoy that...
__________________
phanan is offline  
Old 10-11-2005, 01:34 PM   #237
War Child
 
Imarocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: stuck in Mich
Posts: 685
Local Time: 06:07 AM
Re: predictions

Quote:
Originally posted by Imarocker
here are the winners.....& losers

White Sox over red sux in four. better pitching & DEFENSE
Angels over Yankees in five.
Angels over W. sox in six.

Astros over Braves in four.
Cardinals over Padres in three.
Astros over Cardinals in seven.

Astros in seven over LA LA
First rnd:
boy the only thing I had wrong was bost winning a game

We should see some pretty good baseball now, I think the angels might be in a little trouble with there pitching though.
__________________
Imarocker is offline  
Old 10-11-2005, 01:44 PM   #238
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
randhail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Outside Providence
Posts: 3,557
Local Time: 05:07 AM
would you like a medal?
__________________
randhail is offline  
Old 10-11-2005, 03:25 PM   #239
Blue Crack Addict
 
Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your own private Idaho
Posts: 26,492
Local Time: 05:07 AM
Re: Re: predictions

Quote:
Originally posted by Imarocker


First rnd:
boy the only thing I had wrong was bost winning a game

We should see some pretty good baseball now, I think the angels might be in a little trouble with there pitching though.
Of course your predictions were made in October, I made mine in March and have the Angels playing the Chisox, don't think too many pundits can make that claim.
__________________
Hewson is offline  
Old 10-11-2005, 05:37 PM   #240
Blue Crack Addict
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: gone
Posts: 17,891
Local Time: 05:07 AM
I think the Cubs prediction negates any of your good picks though.

The cubs
__________________

__________________
Chizip is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com