MLP 2K5 Playoff edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i dont think he is ranking them by historic significance, but just ranking the odds of coming back in each particuliar game.

like you said, the historic significance can only be judged when it's all said and done, which has a good chance of being tonight, thus making that game a footnote in playoff history.

It will still be a significant moment in postseason history, though. Hell, Carlton Fisk's Game 6 home run is immortalized even though the Red Sox went ahead and lost Game 7.

But obviously it won't be as significant if the Cardinals don't take the series, and even if they do, you still can't compare it to the Mets in '86, just because the circumstances involved there were even more dramatic.

momentum is only as good as the next day's pitcher.

roy oswalt :up:

biggio finally makes it to the big dance :up::up:

i bet ya king george kinda wishes he still had roger and andy, doesn't he...

first predictions... pitching wins... chicago's pitching is good, houston's pitching is better. houston wins the world series in 6.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
momentum is only as good as the next day's pitcher.

roy oswalt :up:

biggio finally makes it to the big dance :up::up:

first predictions... pitching wins... chicago's pitching is good, houston's pitching is better. houston wins the world series in 6.

nah

chicago has four solid starters and has the rotation set up how they want it, plus a very well rested team

should be a great series though, some one will win a world series for the first time in a while

I'll say atleast a 7 game series

too superstitious to make a pick:wink:

Letting Clemens walk was understandable. I still don't quite see how they let Pettitte escape, when by all accounts he was willing to return to New York for less money.

i'll take 3 great pitchers over 4 solid ones... but that's just me.

they've all been pitching great recently though

each one has had stretches of unbeatableness

(garland and buerhle first half, garcia somewhere in the middle and contreras the entire second half)

I'll take that combo, as they will all go out there and throught their 9 innings:wink:

I'm Ready said:

they've all been pitching great recently though

each one has had stretches of unbeatableness

(garland and buerhle first half, garcia somewhere in the middle and contreras the entire second half)

I'll take that combo, as they will all go out there and throught their 9 innings:wink:

Yeah, but 7 innings of Clemens/Pettitte/Oswalt and 2 innings of Brad Lidge isn't so bad either.

so i guess you're off the yankees kick and have moved on to the astros now...
I think she (Ima is a female name right) just likes to see who people on this forum are fans of and then root against them. She doesn't have a team of her own, claims that when the Tigers get good again she'll jump back on the bandwagon.

WildHoneyAlways said:
Jesus Christ. Are the White Sox ever going to get any respect? :tsk:
They have my respect, played great all season except a few weeks late, but recovered and been a machine in the playoffs.
However I think not playing for a week could hurt them.
And as good as their pitching has been, Roy Oswalt is the best pitcher in this year's playoffs, Clemens is possibly the greatest pitcher of all time and Pettotte is one of the better post season pitchers of recent times.
The White Sox staff has only 1 guy with any real post season experience and success, El Duque, and he's not even in the rotation.
I think the starting pitching will be fairly close, keeping most games close, to me the difference is at the end of the Bullpen, and I'll take Brad Lidge, even after Pujols' Mars shot (it went too far to be a moon shot) over Jenks.

So my gut says Astros (Tralfaz?) in 6.
But I don't think the White Sox are gonna roll over, I think you'll see some damn good, competeitive, close games, probably at least 1 in extra innings.
Hopefully we don't notice the umpires.

"I still follow the Tigers, just hate the owner. Once he's gone I'll root for them again. Right now I don't really cheer on one specific team, I just would like to see someone else win that hasn't won in a while."

Astros in 6, Lidge MVP

by the way Ima stands for I'm a gonna kick your ass

WildHoneyAlways said:
Jesus Christ. Are the White Sox ever going to get any respect? :tsk:

I think what the White Sox have done has been commendable, most definitely. And this World Series will be close, low scoring games because the pitching on both sides is excellent.

However, you have to give the edge to Houston for pretty much the reasons that Hewson outlined above.

Headache, don't forget Contreras and El Duke also......I bet George wouldn't mind if they were still wearing the pinstripes.

again, just like last year, the only team i'm semi-rooting for will be the houston astros, just because it would be nice to see a guy from my hometown (craig biggio) win the world series.

besides my belief that they just have the better pitching... this is why i'm pulling for the astros.

has nothing to do with disrespecting the white sox.

i give 'em credit... i thought they were sunk, but they turned it back on just in time.

one thing's for sure, ozzie gullen, as i predicted earlier, will not get fired at season's end. :wink:

Leo Mazzone heading to Baltimore.

One Question: Why???? Atlanta is a well run machine and he's been amazing, often turning mediocre pitchers into all stars and was an integral part in 14 straight division championships.

Baltimore, is as unstable as it gets....Good luck w/ Sydney Ponson (if he's even an Oriole at this point). Baltimore still has Sammy Sosa who is a shell of himself and is reeling from the Raffy mess and firing Mazzilli mid year. Also, joining the AL East where it's all about the Sawks and Yanks in first/second place each year. That place is in turmoil. My only conclusion is that he wants a challenge.

Numb1075 said:
Leo Mazzone heading to Baltimore.

One Question: Why????

Mazzone, 57, and new Baltimore Manager Sam Perlozzo grew up together in Cumberland, Md. They competed on different teams in American Legion ball, then became best friends. Perlozzo was the best man at Mazzone's wedding.

this is the best news of the day... not only does leo leave the braves, but he doesn't go to the yankees and choses a yankee rival instead.

met fans everywhere are rejoicing.

phanan said:

I think what the White Sox have done has been commendable, most definitely. And this World Series will be close, low scoring games because the pitching on both sides is excellent.

However, you have to give the edge to Houston for pretty much the reasons that Hewson outlined above.

Ah yes, but he didn't mention that sorry excuse of a juice box park the Astros play in. :wink: I look for the Sock to do some damage there, no matter who's pitching.

Back
Top Bottom