MLP 2K5 Playoff edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In 7 playoff games Vlad has 1 RBI -- on a fielder's choice. He has something like 6 base hits -- all singles -- and zero home runs. In short, Vlad is close to pulling an A-Rod.

Figgins is hitting .143 :crack:

Figgins stunk in last year's ALDS too...he's no Mr. October.
Probably still can't get past his parents spelling Sean or Shawn "C-h-o-n-e".
Maybe they misread the birth certificate and the "n" is really a "k"

pub crawler said:
Great thing is, the Boston Red Sox are all sitting at home wanking it. :)

Shuck on it, Trebek. Shuck it long, and shuck it hard.

damn, this is going to be tough now. morris is going to have to grow a pair and outpitch clemens. if that happens i like the cards chances, if not, its going to be very tough.

dont have a whole lot of faith in morris though.

Wow you're a real downer of a fan...first it was "Oh no we could lose to the Padres, wah wah" when everyone else knew the barely .500 Padres stood no chance...now its "Oh no I don't have faith in Morris".

Do you ever actually root for the team, or just plan for the worst?

Although if Reggie Barry Sanders ends up out, you couyld be in trouble since he's driven in 44% of the Cards' playoff runs to date.

Chizip said:
damn, this is going to be tough now. morris is going to have to grow a pair and outpitch clemens. if that happens i like the cards chances, if not, its going to be very tough.

dont have a whole lot of faith in morris though.

For someone who is a huge Cardinals fan, you sure aren't very optimistic about your team.

When I post something positive you call me over confident, when I post somethign realistic you call me a real downer fan.

If Morris can find a way to man up and we can steal the first game in Houston, that would be huge. I'd like my chances of winning at least one of the next 2 games with Suppan vs Backe and then Carpenter vs Pettitte again. That would give the Cards a 3-2 lead coming back to Busch for the final two, and I don't think we'd blow that.

If Morris loses, that means we'd have to win both of the next 2 games to come back 3-2. If we only win one in Houston and come back to St. Louis down 3-2, I don't like the Cards chances, especially with a Rocket vs Morris match up in game 7, that is ever Cards fan nightmare.

So, if the Cardinals would have won last night I would have given them a 80% chance of winning the series, now it's 50%.

This next game is huge, my only hope is Clemens is still a bit off and we are able to get 4 or 5 off him.

I'm not sure I've ever referred to you as "over-confident".
But for a guy who's team is the odds on favorite to win the Series, you sound more like Glum from the old Gulliver's Travels cartoons than someone who's enjoying watching his team compete in the playoffs.

well chizip is right... the astros now not only have the better pitching staff, but they have homefield advantage, too.

remember last year the cardinals didn't win a game in houston...

nothing wrong with being a realistic fan... it beats the hell out of those rediculous fans who think their team can do no wrong and do nothing but talk about how much their biggest rival sucks...

Chizip said:
Nice work digging that one up Chizzy, 2 problems with which would not allow it to stand up in court:
A. I used the term "cocky", not "over-confident".

2. More importantly, my response was directly to STLElevation, not to you, so you're just making stuff up here, doesn't reflect well on you.

And Headache: I agree being realistic is fine...the tone of Chizip's post this morning as well as his opening playoff salvo about fearing the Padres wasn't realistic, its downright pessimistic.

And since your shot was obviously subtly directed at me, please show me (just don't use the Chizip misinformation search feature) where I claim either the Red SOx "can do no wrong" or the Yankees "suck".

Hewson said:

Nice work digging that one up Chizzy, 2 problems with which would not allow it to stand up in court:
A. I used the term "cocky", not "over-confident".

2. More importantly, my response was directly to STLElevation, not to you, so you're just making stuff up here, doesn't reflect well on you.

And Headache: I agree being realistic is fine...the tone of Chizip's post this morning as well as his opening playoff salvo about fearing the Padres wasn't realistic, its downright pessimistic.

And since your shot was obviously subtly directed at me, please show me (just don't use the Chizip misinformation search feature) where I claim either the Red SOx "can do no wrong" or the Yankees "suck".

well it wasn't actually directed at you... you're one of the few realistic red sox fans i know :wink:

trust me... there are plenty of met fans who i can't friggin stand because all they talk about is how the yankees suck and jeter is gay and all that shit. i hate the friggin yankees with a passion, but they do not suck, and jeter has been a tremendous player for the yanks, and he gets some mighty fine booty, too. not that i'd care if he was gay... just sayin'sall. boy gets some nice ass.

my dislike for that type of fan is not limited to red sox fans.

Last edited:
Fair enough.
And Jeter should have stuck with Mariah...her around the Yankee clubhouse would have made for some fine reading in the Post.

Wow. who'd have thunk jon boy could go a complete game w/o imploding? I sure as hell didn't.
capt.ans13610150236.alcs_white_sox_angels_ans136.jpg

:up: :up:

WildHoneyAlways said:
Wow. who'd have thunk jon boy could go a complete game w/o imploding? I sure as hell didn't.
capt.ans13610150236.alcs_white_sox_angels_ans136.jpg

:up: :up:

that gives me hope for morris :drool:

Meh. Frankly, I think the Angels are done. The White Sox' starting pitching is too deep and the Angels' offense has reverted to the pathetic form it exhibited most of the season.

Angels looked pathetic tonight:wink:

The umpire did make a key miss in not getting a catchers interference, but Finley hustled over to first base selling that he hit the ball cleanly:|

Back
Top Bottom