MLB Thread menage a trois: The Stretch Run

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If the Phils win 3 over the Mets or sweep them what is the feeling on their chances?

phillyfan26 said:
If the Phils win 3 over the Mets or sweep them what is the feeling on their chances?
If they sweep, they'll be only 11 games back with 42 to go....they're chances are...nil.

Hewson said:
If they sweep, they'll be only 11 games back with 42 to go....they're chances are...nil.

I mean Wild Card, of course they are out of the division. Sorry it came out wrong.

phanan said:

:lol:

Thanks for your support.

:wink:

I would have given you a hug, but I don't know how you'd feel about that.

Okay...I'm gonna shut up now before I have to yell at myself for derailing a thread. :angry:

Phils have just about a good a chance as anyone in the NL for the wild card. If Howard and Utley can carry the team offensively and you get some production from Pat the Bat, and Leiber pitches like he did last night, then sure, why not the Phils for the Wild Card.

Numb1075 said:
Phils have just about a good a chance as anyone in the NL for the wild card. If Howard and Utley can carry the team offensively and you get some production from Pat the Bat, and Leiber pitches like he did last night, then sure, why not the Phils for the Wild Card.

We don't get production from Burrell, and Lieber rarely pitches like that.

That would be the reason why not.

Yankees are down 9-2 to the Orioles, blowing out their bullpen the day before a doubleheader against the Red Sox.

speedracer said:
Yankees are down 9-2 to the Orioles, blowing out their bullpen the day before a doubleheader against the Red Sox.

that bodes well for bean town.

good job by J. Wright AKA "I can only pitch 5 innings"

I'm a Yankees fan, but I've been watching the tribute to the '86 Mets that's on right now, and I've been tearing up. I was at Game 6 of the 1986 WS, thanks to a friend who worked in the Executive Office at the time, and it was one of the greatest nights of my life.

It was fun seeing the Mets players now. Especially Darryl Strawberry. Oh, what could have been...

Back
Top Bottom