MLB Thread menage a trois: The Stretch Run

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
guess who's back... back again...

25401785.jpg

:drool:

7 innings/100 pitches. 7 innings/100 pitches. 7 innings/100 pitches.

Everybody at Shea should hold up signs with this meesage on them when Pedro pitches, just in case Willie Randolph gets any crazy ideas.

I don't think Willie will get too crazy. Mets have a solid bullpen and will be brought in when pedro gets up in the pitch count.

Chizip said:
i dont know how much Id be counting on Pedro if I was a mets fan

because of course one game erases a history of success...

i believe the man is entitled to the benefit of the doubt. he was a bit rusty, yes. if he continues to look bad in the remainder of his starts leading into the post-season, then it would because for worry. one start? no... let's get real here.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

because of course one game erases a history of success...

i believe the man is entitled to the benefit of the doubt. he was a bit rusty, yes. if he continues to look bad in the remainder of his starts leading into the post-season, then it would because for worry. one start? no... let's get real here.

you sound worried

Headache in a Suitcase said:
shaking in my boots... i think a 14 game colapse is a real possability

no, but throwing a shaky pedro in 2 games of a 5 game series because he has good "history" means a first round exit is a real possibility

Oh Man!!! Are the Yanks about to blow this game in the top of the 9th? Every time I watch them, this is what happens...maybe I should turn the TV off. There goes the lead...in the 9th damn inning.

AARGH

There was a Red Sox-Yankees series on this weekend? Who knew?

Nice to see the Sox pitchers finally get their act together, albeit against a depleted Yankees lineup.

Well at least the Yanks didn't clinch the division against the Red Sox, thats one thing to celebrate this September (in fact in Philadelphia they would have thrown a parade for such an occasion).

Chizip said:

no, but throwing a shaky pedro in 2 games of a 5 game series because he has good "history" means a first round exit is a real possibility

if not for the fact that the mets swept st. louis without pedro, i may agree with you... but, alas, i don't.

it would still be a complete choke job for the mets to not get to the world series, no matter what pedro's doing.

Pedro only has 9 of the Mets 90 wins this season. Even if he performs well below his norm, the Mets are still a real good team.

I've got dugout seats from a vendor(front row just past the Sox dugout, like $275 a pop) for the Sept 27th game vs TB, its gonna be like seeing AA ball. Good thing the seats (and parking pass) were freebies.

Back
Top Bottom