MLB Thread menage a trois: The Stretch Run - Page 23 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-25-2006, 06:15 PM   #331
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 08:12 AM
The Phillies could end up being the 2 seed in the NL Playoffs if they get a couple more games up on the competition.

I'm only afraid of the Mets right now as a Phils fan. My Mom's side of the family is from St. Louis, and they are all feeling terrible about the Cards this year. They feel like Philly would beat them easily.

Old 09-25-2006, 11:08 PM   #332
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:12 AM
TWINS WIN!

and don't worry...I won't bother posting pictures of a beer and champagne celebration...I don't have to. There isn't one. there won't be one unless they beat out the Tigers.

Old 09-26-2006, 12:28 AM   #333
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Johan Santana better figure out a way to stay in for more than 5 innings against the Yankees, 'cause that's how the Yankees keep beating the Twins in the postseason.
Old 09-26-2006, 12:29 AM   #334
ONE
love, blood, life

or they could figure out a way to beat the Royals and White Sox for the next six games and hope the Tigers continue to play flat!

Just one game back....
Old 09-26-2006, 07:01 AM   #335
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by phillyfan26
The Phillies could end up being the 2 seed in the NL Playoffs if they get a couple more games up on the competition.

The Phils can only be the "4 seed". The Wildcard can not have home field advantage regardless of record. (Except of course in the World Series where the AL once again has home field)
Old 09-26-2006, 07:03 AM   #336
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Chizip

while houston is playing at Philly who also has something to play for

baseball prospectus Postseason Odds still gives the Cardinals a 97.91238% chance of winning the division. its a lock.

Down to 96.08410% now, the plot thickens.
Old 09-26-2006, 08:08 PM   #337
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by zoney!
who cares?

Wrigley Field is still BY FAR one of the best places to see a baseball game. Even with the drunks (who can be pretty entertaining when the team on the field suck ass).
you got be to kidding me right? do you know how many seats there at at wrigley where you can barely see the field if at all? Not to mention the piss troughs filled with ice. Oh and lets not forget how some gentlemen like to piss in the sink.

Oh yeah, how could you forget the falling chunks of concrete from the upper deck!?

good times, good times.

gah! The whole "who cares" attitude that many-a-cub fan has about how awful the team is allows the Tribune company to put shit on the field year after year after year b/c they know drunken boobs will continue to come to their piss poor stadium and watch losers b/c of the "history" of the place. Apathy is not an option!! Stop supporting losers Cub fans.
Old 09-26-2006, 09:40 PM   #338
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by Hewson
The Phils can only be the "4 seed". The Wildcard can not have home field advantage regardless of record. (Except of course in the World Series where the AL once again has home field)
At one point that was true. They changed that rule I believe within the last few years.

Also, they do not have teams in the same division play each other in the first round. I think.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 09-26-2006, 09:41 PM   #339
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by WildHoneyAlways

you got be to kidding me right? do you know how many seats there at at wrigley where you can barely see the field if at all? Not to mention the piss troughs filled with ice. Oh and lets not forget how some gentlemen like to piss in the sink.

Oh yeah, how could you forget the falling chunks of concrete from the upper deck!?

good times, good times.

gah! The whole "who cares" attitude that many-a-cub fan has about how awful the team is allows the Tribune company to put shit on the field year after year after year b/c they know drunken boobs will continue to come to their piss poor stadium and watch losers b/c of the "history" of the place. Apathy is not an option!! Stop supporting losers Cub fans.
I didn't like it when I saw the Phils play the Cubs there. And I had pretty damn good seats. I also didn't get what the numbers were next to teams where normal scoreboards have the pitcher's jersey number.
Old 09-26-2006, 10:22 PM   #340
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:

good times, good times.
There are quite a few venues throughout sports who have no/bad sightlines. Shit, the fucking metrodome (two venues that should not be discussed in the same sentence) built in 1980-something has seats with big posts in front of them.

Even with the seats with limited sight, you are so much closer to the game than the majority of the retro-wannabe stadiums of today.

Yankee stadium has had a single incident of falling cement...JUST LIKE WRIGLEY.

And, leah...I realize you do not frequent men's rooms often, but, I would suspect that there are quite a few male sock fans that have used sinks before. I would put it up there around 97%. It is a guy thing (when you are drunk and a long line exsists)....like not washing your hands or not putting the seat up. Dude, I KNOW you have been in bars in your college town where this happens.

AND, some of the finest estblishments in this country use ice in the urinals to reduce the smell! I have been in five star hotels that do it.

As for the Tribune company...I see them as about the same as the ice cubes in the urinal when it comes to the Cubs ownership.
Old 09-26-2006, 11:26 PM   #341
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Wrigley Field has had more than one incident of falling concrete. Why do you think they put up nets? They are permanent.

I guess if you want to think Wrigley Field is some baseball paradise that's your prerogative. I happen to think it's a hell hole.

As for college bars and such, I don't believe I've ever claimed any such place was one of the best places to drink a beer or whatever. And frankly, I find it repulsive that any man would piss in a sink because of a long line. Lines to the ladies room are almost always longer and somehow women are able to hold it.

Just like a Cub fan to make excuses.
In Dusty We Trusty, dude.
Old 09-26-2006, 11:47 PM   #342
Blue Crack Addict

Damn, I'm glad I'm not a Cubs fan...

Old 09-27-2006, 01:07 AM   #343
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:

In Dusty We Trusty, dude.
Oh, now that's just mean.
Old 09-27-2006, 05:54 AM   #344
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:

Just like a Cub fan to make excuses.
excuses?

No excuses needed for wrigley.

You need to visit more mens rooms. Did you not visit the holes they call the mens room in some of the bars in the town you went to college in?
Old 09-27-2006, 07:17 AM   #345
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Hewson
Down to 96.08410% now, the plot thickens.
Its at 90.78365% now, but I noticed they are a day behind, they have the Cards at 80-75 and the Stros at 78-78, so I guess the odds must be at about 3% now.