MLB Thread menage a trois: The Stretch Run

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Phillies could end up being the 2 seed in the NL Playoffs if they get a couple more games up on the competition.

I'm only afraid of the Mets right now as a Phils fan. My Mom's side of the family is from St. Louis, and they are all feeling terrible about the Cards this year. They feel like Philly would beat them easily.

TWINS WIN!

and don't worry...I won't bother posting pictures of a beer and champagne celebration...I don't have to. There isn't one. there won't be one unless they beat out the Tigers. :up:

Johan Santana better figure out a way to stay in for more than 5 innings against the Yankees, 'cause that's how the Yankees keep beating the Twins in the postseason.

or they could figure out a way to beat the Royals and White Sox for the next six games and hope the Tigers continue to play flat!

Just one game back.... :shrug:

phillyfan26 said:
The Phillies could end up being the 2 seed in the NL Playoffs if they get a couple more games up on the competition.

The Phils can only be the "4 seed". The Wildcard can not have home field advantage regardless of record. (Except of course in the World Series where the AL once again has home field)

zoney! said:
who cares?

Wrigley Field is still BY FAR one of the best places to see a baseball game. Even with the drunks (who can be pretty entertaining when the team on the field suck ass).

you got be to kidding me right? do you know how many seats there at at wrigley where you can barely see the field if at all? :huh: Not to mention the piss troughs filled with ice. Oh and lets not forget how some gentlemen like to piss in the sink. :yuck:

Oh yeah, how could you forget the falling chunks of concrete from the upper deck!? :happy:

good times, good times.

gah! The whole "who cares" attitude that many-a-cub fan has about how awful the team is allows the Tribune company to put shit on the field year after year after year b/c they know drunken boobs will continue to come to their piss poor stadium and watch losers b/c of the "history" of the place. Apathy is not an option!! Stop supporting losers Cub fans. :mad:

Last edited:
Hewson said:
The Phils can only be the "4 seed". The Wildcard can not have home field advantage regardless of record. (Except of course in the World Series where the AL once again has home field)

At one point that was true. They changed that rule I believe within the last few years.

Also, they do not have teams in the same division play each other in the first round. I think.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

WildHoneyAlways said:

you got be to kidding me right? do you know how many seats there at at wrigley where you can barely see the field if at all? :huh: Not to mention the piss troughs filled with ice. Oh and lets not forget how some gentlemen like to piss in the sink. :yuck:

Oh yeah, how could you forget the falling chunks of concrete from the upper deck!? :happy:

good times, good times.

gah! The whole "who cares" attitude that many-a-cub fan has about how awful the team is allows the Tribune company to put shit on the field year after year after year b/c they know drunken boobs will continue to come to their piss poor stadium and watch losers b/c of the "history" of the place. Apathy is not an option!! Stop supporting losers Cub fans. :mad:

I didn't like it when I saw the Phils play the Cubs there. And I had pretty damn good seats. I also didn't get what the numbers were next to teams where normal scoreboards have the pitcher's jersey number.

WildHoneyAlways said:

good times, good times.

There are quite a few venues throughout sports who have no/bad sightlines. Shit, the fucking metrodome (two venues that should not be discussed in the same sentence) built in 1980-something has seats with big posts in front of them.

Even with the seats with limited sight, you are so much closer to the game than the majority of the retro-wannabe stadiums of today.

Yankee stadium has had a single incident of falling cement...JUST LIKE WRIGLEY.

And, leah...I realize you do not frequent men's rooms often, but, I would suspect that there are quite a few male sock fans that have used sinks before. I would put it up there around 97%. It is a guy thing (when you are drunk and a long line exsists)....like not washing your hands or not putting the seat up. Dude, I KNOW you have been in bars in your college town where this happens.

AND, some of the finest estblishments in this country use ice in the urinals to reduce the smell! I have been in five star hotels that do it.

As for the Tribune company...I see them as about the same as the ice cubes in the urinal when it comes to the Cubs ownership.

:huh: Wrigley Field has had more than one incident of falling concrete. Why do you think they put up nets? They are permanent. :shrug:

I guess if you want to think Wrigley Field is some baseball paradise that's your prerogative. I happen to think it's a hell hole.

As for college bars and such, I don't believe I've ever claimed any such place was one of the best places to drink a beer or whatever. And frankly, I find it repulsive that any man would piss in a sink because of a long line. Lines to the ladies room are almost always longer and somehow women are able to hold it. :tsk:

Just like a Cub fan to make excuses. :madspit:
In Dusty We Trusty, dude. :D

WildHoneyAlways said:

excuses?

No excuses needed for wrigley. ;)

You need to visit more mens rooms. Did you not visit the holes they call the mens room in some of the bars in the town you went to college in? :yikes:

Hewson said:
Down to 96.08410% now, the plot thickens.
Its at 90.78365% now, but I noticed they are a day behind, they have the Cards at 80-75 and the Stros at 78-78, so I guess the odds must be at about 3% now.

phillyfan26 said:

At one point that was true. They changed that rule I believe within the last few years.

Also, they do not have teams in the same division play each other in the first round. I think.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

wild card team can not have home field advantage in the first round.

in the second round i believe they go by record, but i could be wrong. but i know for fact they can't have it in the first

Chizip said:
its still not a race

how 'bout now? :wink:

Baseball Tonight Extra
By Mark Simon, ESPN Research

With the Cardinals on the verge of perhaps the worst collapse since the 1964 Phillies blew a 6½-game lead in the final two weeks of the season, it's worth noting how well the Astros have been playing recently. Houston has won seven straight, making up seven games in the standings within a week to creep within 1½ games of the NL Central lead.
The Astros are getting good pitching and good hitting, but more importantly, the contributions have been timely. When the Astros have needed a clutch hit, they've gotten it. When they've needed a big out, someone from the bullpen has delivered (even with Brad Lidge removed from the closer role).

After Friday's win over St. Louis on ESPN, some Cardinals fans may have laughed when Craig Biggio was asked what the victory meant for Houston's hopes in October. No one in St. Louis is laughing any more. The Astros have the full attention of the baseball universe.

zoney! said:
TWINS WIN!

and don't worry...I won't bother posting pictures of a beer and champagne celebration...I don't have to. There isn't one. there won't be one unless they beat out the Tigers. :up:

VsOMHi7s.jpg

????????????????

WildHoneyAlways said:
:huh: Wrigley Field has had more than one incident of falling concrete. Why do you think they put up nets? They are permanent. :shrug:

I guess if you want to think Wrigley Field is some baseball paradise that's your prerogative. I happen to think it's a hell hole.

As for college bars and such, I don't believe I've ever claimed any such place was one of the best places to drink a beer or whatever. And frankly, I find it repulsive that any man would piss in a sink because of a long line. Lines to the ladies room are almost always longer and somehow women are able to hold it. :tsk:

In Dusty We Trusty, dude. :D

And I’ve been at the Cell and seen guys with Sux jerseys on pissing on the wall…..

WHITE%20SOX%20INDIANS%20BASEBALL.jpg

Take The Red Sox' first half and the Angels' second half and you've got some kind of season.
However the reality is that they will both be making tee times on Monday.
And the Yanks look like a cakewalk to the WS given how the other AL teams are sputtering to the finish.

Hewson said:
given how the other AL teams are sputtering to the finish.

How can an 18-8 September (so far for the Twins) be "sputtering?" :eyebrow:

(The Yanks are 16-9 playing similar teams. Even if they did "clinch" - they are still playing for home field advantage).

Well the Twinkies aren't necessarily sputtering, but the loss of Liriano is a sputter in and of itself. The Tiggers have definitely sputtered, and the A's have cooled a bit as well.

Hewson said:
Well the Twinkies aren't necessarily sputtering, but the loss of Liriano is a sputter in and of itself. The Tiggers have definitely sputtered, and the A's have cooled a bit as well.

Radke is pitching tomorrow though. We'll see if he ads anything.

And that brown bottle....champagne of beers. Jeez...do I have to teach you guys EVERYTHING? :tsk:

unfortunately, Budwesier is a Twins sponsor

randhail said:
Actually the champagne of beers comes in a clear, not a brown, bottle. Apparently you need the teaching :wink:

It is hard to tell, but maybe it is the champagne of beer's lite brother!

Back
Top Bottom