MLB Thread 2012

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently Phil Humber is from Nacogdoches, Texas, home of Clint Dempsey. Whoo.

couldn't get it live, but it sounds like the last pitch may have been a walk

I suppose that's the danger of blowing the other 8.2 innings

And Boston's bullpen has just let the Yankees back to within 9-8. Shoot me.

And now the GAFfer's zombie has somehow learned how to use the internet. Could this day get any weirder?

The Red Sox managed to put together possibly the worst bullpen in the league.

speedracer said:
And Boston's bullpen has just let the Yankees back to within 9-8. Shoot me.

If you call into WEEI tomorrow, could you mention you are speedracer? Cause I'll be listening.

checked a few replay GIFs and the last swing is close enough that 100% of every single post-Joyce umpire will call that in favor of the pitcher for a perfect game. No complaints here.

Humber three outs from a perfect game against the Mariners

this is the sort of thing that is supposed to happen to the Padres :(

lol Mariners

our ownership blows

Actually, with how pathetic the offense has been the last couple years, I'm surprised this is the first perfect game thrown against the Mariners.

I would rather be losing with any of the other candidates and avoid all the other drama that valentine creates.

They aren't going to fire him though.

the tourist said:
New York Yankees shut down Michael Pineda due to shoulder pain - ESPN New York

How soon do Yankees fans riot? Either way, in the long run, I think Campos has the higher ceiling. He was a steal as a secondary piece.

Not good, and this is the reason why I didn't like the trade. Young pitching is too volatile. That said, nothing I've read so far points to a career threatening problem. This trade was not really made for 2012. It helps that Campos is destroying the minor leagues (that Charleston team is fun to follow).

Not good, and this is the reason why I didn't like the trade. Young pitching is too volatile. That said, nothing I've read so far points to a career threatening problem. This trade was not really made for 2012. It helps that Campos is destroying the minor leagues (that Charleston team is fun to follow).

Your Charleston looks like our Jackson (if you're familiar with the names Danny Hultzen, Taijuan Walker, James Paxton, and Nick Franklin, who are all 4 in just about every Prospect guru's top 50 or so). Jose Campos going to New York was the reason I didn't like that trade for Seattle. Campos looks like he could be better than Pineda.

Anyway, I hope Pineda comes back soon. He's very likable.

Dear sweet God, the Cubs are embarrassing.

My interest in sports in general is hitting an all-time low, but regardless, after being a Cubs fan since I was old enough to watch baseball, I'm ready to throw in the towel. I barely know anyone on the team, and despite the big Epstein move, things don't appear to have improved at all. A far cry from the optimism when Piniella was hired as manager (which resulted only in two early playoff exits).

The Dodgers have been fairly inconsistent in the last handful of years, but at least one gets the sense that they could seriously contend. And their great start this year is very promising. Living a couple blocks away from the Stadium has made it easy to become a bigger fan, and they had always been among my favorite few teams in the majors anyway.

I won't be rooting against the Cubs per se, but if they were to win the championship at this point, I can't say I'd be anywhere near as excited as I would have been any time in the past. And that's fucking sad.

My interest in sports in general is hitting an all-time low, but regardless, after being a Cubs fan since I was old enough to watch baseball, I'm ready to throw in the towel. I barely know anyone on the team, and despite the big Epstein move, things don't appear to have improved at all. A far cry from the optimism when Piniella was hired as manager (which resulted only in two early playoff exits).

The Dodgers have been fairly inconsistent in the last handful of years, but at least one gets the sense that they could seriously contend. And their great start this year is very promising. Living a couple blocks away from the Stadium has made it easy to become a bigger fan, and they had always been among my favorite few teams in the majors anyway.

I won't be rooting against the Cubs per se, but if they were to win the championship at this point, I can't say I'd be anywhere near as excited as I would have been any time in the past. And that's fucking sad.

I'm having one of those moments as a Cubs' fan where I want to give up and then they reel me back in. If they can manage another win today, who knows, I may get down right optimistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom