MLB Offseason Thread: 2007-2008

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So what was with all the hype? That list doesn't have any surprises, other than Clemens.

Looks like the entire league was probably on steriods, but these fools were unfortunate to get caught.

The only positive I want to come out of this is tougher testing in the sport. Move to Olympic test methods.

MrPryck2U said:
It's bogus because its 2007, not 1998,1999, 2000, 2001 or 2003. It's also bogus because most of the basis for these names are simply one witness or one interview for each individual. If Rocket or Andy are guilty, I've got no problem with it. But, Mitchell is relying on mostly one person for each individual to merit his naming that person. Quite frankly, it's damn irresponsible.

The only supplier-types who would talk to him were McNamee & Radomski. Clearly Radomski is/was in NY, so a lot of the names were NY guys and Orioles it seems.

The point of the Mitchell investigation was to determine the extent of PED use in baseball, and I think it paints a pretty accurate picture. The names list is just a by-product.

bogus... ha. you're bogus.

yea, senator mitchell is going to risk his entire career by printing false information. what's next.. wait i know, i've already heard it on the FAN... he went after the yankees 'cause he's a red sox guy!

gimmie an F'ing break.

mitchell got mcnamee's name from the F'ing federal government. mcnamee was hired by the yankees at clemens' suggestion.

bogus? please.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

yea, senator mitchell is going to risk his entire career by printing false information. what's next.. wait i know, i've already heard it on the FAN... he went after the yankees 'cause he's a red sox guy!

gimmie an F'ing break.

mitchell got mcnamee's name from the F'ing federal government. mcnamee was hired by the yankees at clemens' suggestion.

bogus? please.

was it callers or Mike and Mad Dog that were playing the Red Sox card regarding Mitchell?

Either way, Dog must be loving the list with all the Yankees.

gimmie an F'ing break.

bogus? please.

If you're watching ESPN, I'm not the only one who feels its bogus. In the past, you've been skeptical about things (and rightly so) and I'm very skeptical about this whole investigation.

Steve Phillips admitted earlier that when he was the Mets GM, he might've assumed guys were juicing, but he really didn't care because nothing was illegal yet. Don't ask don't tell.

Larry Bigbie
Brian Roberts
Jack Cust
Tim Laker
Josias Manzanillo
Todd Hundley
Mark Carreon
Hal Morris
Matt Franco
Rondell White
Roger Clemens
Andy Pettite
Chuck Knoblauch
Gregg Zaun
David Justice
FP Santangelo
Glenallen Hill
Mo Vaughn
Denny Neagle
Ron Villone
Ryan Franklin
Chris Donnels
Todd Williams
Phil Hiatt
Todd Pratt
Kevin Young
Mike Lansing
Cody McKay
Kent Mercker
Adam Piatt
Jason Christiansen
Mike Stanton
Stephen Randolph
Jerry Hairston, Jr.
Paul Lo Duca
Adam Riggs
Bart Miadich
Fernando Vina
Kevin Brown
Eric Gagne
Mike Bell
Matt Herges
Gary Bennett, Jr.

From 124-222

Jim Parque
Brendan Donnelly
Chad Allen
Jeff Williams
Howie Clark
Nook Logan
Mike Judd
Ricky Stone
Daniel Naulty

222-233

I believe that ends the naming portion there.

Last edited:
MrPryck2U said:
It's bogus because its 2007, not 1998,1999, 2000, 2001 or 2003. It's also bogus because most of the basis for these names are simply one witness or one interview for each individual. If Rocket or Andy are guilty, I've got no problem with it. But, Mitchell is relying on mostly one person for each individual to merit his naming that person. Quite frankly, it's damn irresponsible.

Ah, no. According to the report, they were able to get confirmation of what those individuals said from other sources. Read it again.

All I'm going to tell you is that I'm skeptical about this whole investigation.
And we all know that I'm certainly entitled to my opinion.

It looked pretty well-researched from what I read.

Everything said by that New York guy was backed by corroborating evidence. In fact, he left six names of the list that had no other evidence.

MrPryck2U said:

This is a valid argument if we are discussing our favorite colors or whether or not McDonalds or Burger King makes a better french fry. Appealing to your right to have an opinion, however is NOT a valid argument when we are discussing matters pertaining to fact.

MrPryck2U said:
All I'm going to tell you is that I'm skeptical about this whole investigation.

you're living in fantasy land. there's a heck of a lot there to back up the clemens and pettitte accusations if you actually take the time to read the report.

do ya honestly think george mitchell, a former united states senator who helped broker peace in northern ireland, would put his entire career on the line just to stick it to the yankees? really? come on... let's take the logic stick and smack ourselfs in the head a few times.

How's the denial tally looking so far? I think I heard a Pettitte denial, Clemens strenuously denied (through his lawyer), and Justice did on ESPN I think. This should be fun.

i did not inject that man, mr. clemens, in the buttocks.

_294143_bill150.jpg

you're living in fantasy land. there's a heck of a lot there to back up the clemens and pettitte accusations if you actually take the time to read the report.

do ya honestly think george mitchell, a former united states senator who helped broker peace in northern ireland, would put his entire career on the line just to stick it to the yankees? really? come on... let's take the logic stick and smack ourselfs in the head a few times.

Dude, I never made reference to Mitchell sticking it to the Yankees. All I said was that I was skeptical of the investigation. I'm glad he was able to broker peace in Northern Ireland, though.

But you have no basis for your skepticism so far other than your "right to have an opinion."

Dalton said:

This is a valid argument if we are discussing our favorite colors or whether or not McDonalds or Burger King makes a better french fry. Appealing to your right to have an opinion, however is NOT a valid argument when we are discussing matters pertaining to fact.

Yes, but as we see so often: One man's fact is another man's opinion or theory. Exemplo Gratia: Evolution. Everyone knows that evolution exists solely to fuck the Yankees over.

UberBeaver said:

Yes, but as we see so often: One man's fact is another man's opinion or theory. Exemplo Gratia: Evolution. Everyone knows that evolution exists solely to fuck the Yankees over.

I'm happy to see that even in the world of blue crack baseball "evolution" and "fuck" are hand in hand.

I NEVER ONCE SAID MITCHELL WAS STICKING IT TO THE YANKEES!
Mitchell's report only effects one current Yankee, Andy Pettite.

Everyone else thinks I'm pissed because it's got a bunch of Yankees in the report. I'm not. Why do I care about shit that happened 5-10 years ago? I only care about stuff that's happened in 2004 and afterward when all this shit was made illegal.

MY OPINION IS THAT THIS REPORT SEEMS TO BE A LITTLE FISHY. That's where my opinion comes in. Yes, it's not a fact, just an opinion. It is possible, believe it or not, that a person can have an opinion about an alleged fact.
The Mitchell report is only the beginning of this saga in MLB.

Just think, if I went along with the rest you, you wouldn't have someone to pick on or insult.

MrPryck2U said:

Everyone else thinks I'm pissed because it's got a bunch of Yankees in the report. I'm not. Why do I care about shit that happened 5-10 years ago?.
Maybe Yankee fans care cause their 4 WS titles between 1996 and 2000 now have to be listed in the record books with an asterisk.

:wink:

Back
Top Bottom