MLB Offseason Thread: 2007-2008

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Way to go MLB, jeopardizing a huge overseas marketing opportunity in order to try to shave a few hundred thousand bucks.

CTU2fan said:
Sox players threatening to boycott Japan if the coaches aren't paid. Good for them I say, glad to see the players standing up for their coaches like that. My guess is MLB caves, as they should.

Thankfully, the issue has been resolved and everyone will be fairly compensated.

Yep. I was looking forward to watching opening day over OJ and breakfast sandwiches. I can't wait...I got up for the Yankee games when they went, it was cool.

I gotta admit, I'm not a big fan of playing regular season games in Japan. I've never been to Japan and I'm sure its a fine country, but the trip takes its toll on the players. When the Yanks went to Japan, it took a few weeks for them to recover from the trip when they returned. For some, it took all season. Just ask Kevin Brown and Jason Giambi about their parasites. Anyway, I've got no problem with the BoSox going though, because any advantage the Yanks can get over them, I'll take.

ESPN has an east-coast bias? Nah.

Screen grab from yesterday (the 19th), courtesy deadspin:

espngrab.jpg

ESPN sucks.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

if you believe that kevin brown and jason giambi got sick because of their japan trip, i've got some swamp land for sale.

unless of course those parasites came in hyperdemic needle form.

Great, I've been looking to get into real estate!

Typical lead story on Sports Center during baseball season:

"ZOMG! Jeter ate a bad taco and has the shits!!11!!!"

Meanwhile, something happens on the same day - like Torii Hunter has an unbelievable game hitting like 5 dingers and knocks in 10 runs or something like that.

But, unfort, Torii plays outside Boston/NY, so he'll be the 3rd story on Sports Center that night, with a short mention.

Effin NY. Effin Boston. Effin ESPN. :shame:

:angry:

Last edited:
John Lackey said:

Meanwhile, something happens on the same day - like Torii Hunter has an unbelievable game hitting like 5 dingers and knocks in 10 runs or something like that.

But, unfort, Torii plays outside Boston/NY, so he'll be the 3rd story on Sports Center that night, with a short mention.

John you realize that the owner of your team believes that Anaheim is unimportant right? Why else would he fight to change the team to the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim.

Pwnd by reality.

CTU2fan said:
Rays & Cubs aren't east coast :wink:

I'll give you the Cubs, but despite the fact that Tampa is on the Western side of Florida, it is still just about as "East Coast" as you can get. Tampa has long been the winter home for the Yankees. The city is CRAWLING with retirees from the NYC area. It is unmistakably EAST COAST!

Can we ban the Lackey?

zonelistener said:

Can we ban the Lackey?
I think we lackey the resources to do that, a mod would have to.

But instead we can just have him run errands for us since he can't pitch. Thats right, we can have him be...wait for it...

....here it comes....

....Lackey the lackey.

John Lackey said:

fine. the east coast gets all the coverage from the major sports news media outlets. you're absolutely right.

i propose a trade.

we'll give you all the attention you want, in return we move the start times for baseball playoffs and world series, nba finals, monday night football, the hockey stuff, curling, the westminster dog show, the ncaa championships and the national spelunking league back to a respectable start time, 7pm... heck, maybe even an afternoon weekend game every now and then... so that the majority of us on the east coast can actually watch the entire game while still getting to bed at a reasonable hour.

do we have a deal, other coasters?

Headache in a Suitcase said:

fine. the east coast gets all the coverage from the major sports news media outlets. you're absolutely right.

i propose a trade.

we'll give you all the attention you want, in return we move the start times for baseball playoffs and world series, nba finals, monday night football, the hockey stuff, curling, the westminster dog show, the ncaa championships and the national spelunking league back to a respectable start time, 7pm... heck, maybe even an afternoon weekend game every now and then... so that the majority of us on the east coast can actually watch the entire game while still getting to bed at a reasonable hour.

do we have a deal, other coasters?

Don't forget the weather...if you live in SoCal you can't bitch about anything, at least not during northeastern nasty March. If they throw in their weather I'll make that deal every day.

Headache :ohmy:

I think I'm gonna try and go, I'm still not sure

Opening Day is my focus right now
7 days :D

Well we've got Dale Barton playing for the A's per Gary Thorne...and either his mic was broken or he had "Suzaka" pitching for the Sox earlier.

Back
Top Bottom