MLB Offseason Thread: 2007-2008 - Page 21 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-30-2008, 12:06 PM   #301
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 56,404
Local Time: 08:40 AM
from the philadelphia inquirer...

Quote:
Santana gives the Mets a stopper...


Quote:
...like the Phillies have in Cole Hamels...
__________________

__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is online now  
Old 01-30-2008, 01:44 PM   #302
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 56,404
Local Time: 08:40 AM
e-bay certainly doesn't waist any time...

__________________

__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is online now  
Old 01-30-2008, 01:52 PM   #303
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Got Philk?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Arizona, Tacoma, Philadelphia ,Atlanta, LA...
Posts: 6,875
Local Time: 09:40 AM


this guy says we'll see you in the playoffs.




Oh, and how come there's no talk of the Cubbies signing Jon Lieber.
__________________
Got Philk? is offline  
Old 01-30-2008, 02:03 PM   #304
Blue Crack Addict
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: illegitimi non carborundum
Posts: 17,407
Local Time: 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Got Philk?
Oh, and how come there's no talk of the Cubbies signing Jon Lieber.
Christ, you can have him.
__________________
DaveC is online now  
Old 01-30-2008, 03:14 PM   #305
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 56,404
Local Time: 08:40 AM
it's funny 'cause his name looks like it

Quote:
Originally posted by Got Philk?


this guy says we'll see you in the playoffs.




Oh, and how come there's no talk of the Cubbies signing Jon Lieber.
Fuck You Dome.
__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is online now  
Old 01-30-2008, 05:38 PM   #306
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Got Philk?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Arizona, Tacoma, Philadelphia ,Atlanta, LA...
Posts: 6,875
Local Time: 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by DaveC


Christ, you can have him.
I'm sure the Cubs are expecting another 21 game win season like he did in 2001.

__________________
Got Philk? is offline  
Old 01-30-2008, 06:05 PM   #307
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 56,404
Local Time: 08:40 AM
Quote:
“The Mets are not only getting a Cy Young winner, but an absolute bulldog who’s great in the clubhouse. He’s going to dominate that league. They’re going to absolutely love him in New York…I know he’s happy, too, because he really wanted to go to the Mets. He’s always wanted to swing the wood. He can hit…So I don’t know who’s happier, Johan, the Mets, or everyone in the American League because they don’t have to face him anymore.”
--Torii Hunter
Quote:
"I don’t think this makes [the Mets] the class of the division."
--Tom Glavine doing his best Tiki Barber



__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is online now  
Old 01-30-2008, 07:19 PM   #308
ONE
love, blood, life
 
zonelistener's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: six convenient metro locations
Posts: 14,747
Local Time: 08:40 AM
Big Grin

Quote:
Originally posted by Hewson
if I'm a Twins fan...not so much. Highway robbery.
To an extent. I agree they should have received at least ONE "non-prospect" player, but Johan gave the Twins a deadline of Jan. 29 to get a deal done (remember, he has a no trade clause). If they do not get a deal done...they may just lose him to free agency and get NOTHING for him.

It might suck, but it is also better than nothing.

I am happy to see Johan as a Met. He had hell of a game (batting) against the Mets this summer. It will be fun to see him at the plate.
__________________
zonelistener is offline  
Old 01-30-2008, 07:35 PM   #309
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 56,404
Local Time: 08:40 AM
i believe he's a career .250 hitter
__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is online now  
Old 01-31-2008, 07:00 AM   #310
Acrobat
 
KBRY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 449
Local Time: 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
e-bay certainly doesn't waist any time...



I also think Omar will get the contract extension sorted. They must have had a plan before negotiating the trade otherwise it will all go for nothing.
__________________
KBRY is offline  
Old 01-31-2008, 08:13 AM   #311
Blue Crack Addict
 
Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your own private Idaho
Posts: 26,480
Local Time: 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by zonelistener


To an extent. I agree they should have received at least ONE "non-prospect" player, but Johan gave the Twins a deadline of Jan. 29 to get a deal done (remember, he has a no trade clause). If they do not get a deal done...they may just lose him to free agency and get NOTHING for him.

It might suck, but it is also better than nothing.

I am happy to see Johan as a Met. He had hell of a game (batting) against the Mets this summer. It will be fun to see him at the plate.
If they just pulled the trigger in December instead of trying to hold the Yanks and Red Sox over a barrel trying to one-up the other's offer, they could have gotten a much better deal from either...so in my eyes they royally F'ed this thing up.

Compare the Mets package to Ellsbury, Masterson, Lowrie and Bowden...its like .40-.50 on the dollar.
Compare it to Lester, Crisp, Lowrie and Bowden, its like .50-.60 on the dollar.
Compare it to Hughes, Melky and one other prospect its like .60-.70 on the dollar.

The Twins bluffed, and got caught holding jack high, and in return got jack sh*t.

And "nothing" may have actually been better, we can't know for sure, but the draft picks they'd get when Carlos left as a free agent have the potential to add up to more than the Mets prospects, plus they'd have Santana for 2008, and if Liriano is healthy, might have had one last legit run at the WS, whereas I think you can pencil them in for 4th in the division now.

Its almost Herschel Walker in reverse. Its certainly on a similar level as the Sox/Expos incredibly one sided Pedro deal.
__________________
Hewson is online now  
Old 01-31-2008, 09:44 AM   #312
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 56,404
Local Time: 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Hewson
If they just pulled the trigger in December instead of trying to hold the Yanks and Red Sox over a barrel trying to one-up the other's offer, they could have gotten a much better deal from either...so in my eyes they royally F'ed this thing up.

Compare the Mets package to Ellsbury, Masterson, Lowrie and Bowden...its like .40-.50 on the dollar.
Compare it to Lester, Crisp, Lowrie and Bowden, its like .50-.60 on the dollar.
Compare it to Hughes, Melky and one other prospect its like .60-.70 on the dollar.

The Twins bluffed, and got caught holding jack high, and in return got jack sh*t.

And "nothing" may have actually been better, we can't know for sure, but the draft picks they'd get when Carlos left as a free agent have the potential to add up to more than the Mets prospects, plus they'd have Santana for 2008, and if Liriano is healthy, might have had one last legit run at the WS, whereas I think you can pencil them in for 4th in the division now.

Its almost Herschel Walker in reverse. Its certainly on a similar level as the Sox/Expos incredibly one sided Pedro deal.
__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is online now  
Old 01-31-2008, 01:21 PM   #313
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 56,404
Local Time: 08:40 AM
jayson stark's reporting that the mets and johan are still far apart on a contract, but the odds of the deal falling apart completely are remote.

:Pray:

if the mets allow this deal to fall apart... with the absolute steal that it was, after the complete choke job of september and the raising of ticket prices for next year...

ugh... let's not even discuss what my reaction would be.
__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is online now  
Old 01-31-2008, 02:10 PM   #314
Blue Crack Addict
 
Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your own private Idaho
Posts: 26,480
Local Time: 08:40 AM
Your weekend could go very well (Santana signed to an extension Friday, Giants win SB Sunday),

or it could go incredibly poorly (Santana back to Twins when Friday deadline passes, bucket of balls and 3 water bottles back to Mets to forever wallow in anonimity in the minors, Pats stomp the Giants on Sunday)

Man what a rollercoaster of possibilities.
__________________
Hewson is online now  
Old 01-31-2008, 06:53 PM   #315
ONE
love, blood, life
 
zonelistener's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: six convenient metro locations
Posts: 14,747
Local Time: 08:40 AM
Big Grin

Quote:
Originally posted by Hewson
whereas I think you can pencil them in for 4th in the division now.
Because of ONE Pitcher? That is a bit extreme...I did not realize he could pitch every game.

fourth? They play in the same division as K.C.
__________________

__________________
zonelistener is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com