MLB Offseason Thread: 2007-2008

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Adam Eaton continues to suck, but is "not worried" about losing his spot in the rotation.

phillyfan26 said:
Adam Eaton continues to suck, but is "not worried" about losing his spot in the rotation.

But at least he admits he sucks.

Quotable: Even Eaton Himself Knows He's Overpaid

It's possible you're of the opinion that a 3-year deal worth $24 million is excessive for an oft-(but not oft enough) injured starter who put up the worst ERA in the NL last year. We'd tend to agree. And ya know what? So does said pitcher, Adam Eaton.

"I'm getting paid extremely handsomely, probably more than I'm worth. But everyone is not worth what they're getting paid."

Here's hoping there's a Kyle Kendrick in the minors somewhere. Maybe it's Carrasco's year to surprise everyone by sprouting early. Anything to keep Eaton out of the fifth starter's position. Question is, where do you put him? He's atrocious in the 1st inning, as demonstrated again yesterday, so relief work isn't exactly looking like his second calling. I say give him a rake and at least get something for your money.

http://www.the700level.com/2008/03/quotable-even-e.html

Yeah but at least Carly's better when he can actually pitch.

And he gets additional points for dating Alyssa Milano :wink:

Your frontrunner to be cast as the monster in the remake of "Young Frankenstein":

hank.jpg

Well, hopefully for the Mets, it won't be I Love Rocky Road.

Poor, Moises. He can't catch a break.

I wonder if Steve Bartman sends Moises some balloons while he's in the hospital.

wicked ahhhsome

Cambridge - The official start to the 2008 baseball season is about a month away, but the age-old rivalry between the Yankees and Red Sox is already getting ugly.

A group of men — some with Irish accents — beat up a 23-year-old Cambridge man and sent him to the hospital after they spotted him sporting a Yankees baseball cap.

Witnesses told police the group of apparent diehard Red Sox fans beat up the victims after an argument inside a Central Square bar. The group then ran away on Mass. Ave. towards Harvard Square.

The Yankees fan was transported to the hospital March 2 at 1:41 a.m. for medical treatment for head injuries, including swelling over his entire face and several facial cuts, according to police reports.

The victim’s sobbing girlfriend told police the couple went to the Cantab Lounge at 738 Mass. Ave. midnight Saturday. The couple was inside the bar for a while when a large group of people came up to them and started arguing with the victim because he was wearing a New York Yankees baseball cap, according to police reports.

The couple left the bar without further confrontation, but the group allegedly followed them outside on the street as they walked home, according to reports.

Then the mob of Red Sox fans allegedly threw the victim to the ground and repeatedly kicked him. The girlfriend and a couple of women who were with the suspects unsuccessfully tried to pull the Red Sox fans off the victim, according to police reports.

The victim told police he could not clearly remember what happened and only recalled getting into an argument about his baseball cap, leaving the bar and lying on the ground while the men kicked him in the head.

The attackers are described as four white men. One of the men was last seen wearing a blue and white striped shirt.

So Billy Crystal is going to play for the Yankees...can the Red Sox please not get any ideas from this? If I see Ben Affleck in a Red Sox game my head might explode.

What I saw of him yesterday looked just fine. If he stays 100% healthy he's going to own the NL.

DaveC said:

They said the same thing about Pedro.

Johan has thrown 200+ innings each of the 4 years he's been a starter; he's a much smaller injury risk than Pedro is.

Ah hell, I'm an up-and-comer. I'll have a better '08 season than Johan. You just watch.

*chews some chaw and spits

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom