MLB Offseason Thread: 2007-2008

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
the tourist said:
So, does anyone care that the Mariners got Bedard from the Orioles today? The Mariners now have a pretty sweet starting rotation with Felix Hernandez, Erik Bedard, Carlos Silva, Jarrod Washburn, and Miguel Batista.... Add in a pretty damn good bullpen (Brandon Morrow, Eric O'Flaherty, Sean Green, Arthur Rhodes, Horacio Ramirez, R.A. Dickey, and JJ Putz) and the Mariners are pretty well set on the pitching side of things!
I'm sure John Lackey cares, cause that'll save him from another excrucitingly embarrasing first round playoff exit via a lopsided sweep if the M's win the division.

Dusty Bottoms said:
03_rclemens_01.jpg
Suffice it to say she didn't look like that when Clemens played in Boston.
The breastesses we can figure out, the rest...I'm sure its just the Clemens family workout regimen.

CTU2fan said:
Do the Ms really have RA Dickey? Didn't he used to throw that Thing? Does he still throw it?

We got him from Texas through the rule 5 draft, I believe. Last year he spent the whole year in the minors perfecting his knuckleball. Anyway, if he doesn't make it, we've got two wonderful bullpen guys who spent time in the majors last year (Mark Lowe and Ryan Rowland-Smith) who could easily take his spot.

MrPryck2U said:
Today the Yankees have announced that the name of their new stadium is going to be called ...Yankee Stadium.

That's right, the Yankees' new stadium will be sponsored by no one.

MrPryck2U said:

Umm, no, it was "confirmed" shortly before I posted it.

:scratch:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/michaelgbaron/2237487396/

so this picture, taken 6 days before your "announcement" was gotten by use of a delorean, yes?

or perhaps this shovel, used at the 2006 ground breaking...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/norjon/1896543275/

... was broken out of cooperstown and relabled as "the new yankee stadium" ?

they've said all along that they're not going to sell the naming rights... all they did the other day was give the newspapers a tour of the progress, and when someone asked they reconfirmed, again, that they will not sell the naming rights, no matter what the cost.

:up: props to the yankees brass and all... but it's not exactly breaking news. like i said, it's a few years old.

Isn't it kind of sponsored by Balco? :)

the tourist said:
I'm really, really excited for April this year with the Mariners.

The Ms are going to have a nice club this year. I really like the Bedard acquisition for them, and if Richie Sexson can manage to hit his weight this year they should be OK. Jones looked like the real deal so he'll be tough to lose, and I worry about the offense...but they've definitely improved and the Ms/Halos battle out west should be fun to follow this year.

Last edited:
2 things:

Most Texans are serious carnivores.

The Chairman looks like the Schoolmaster from Pink Floyd: The Wall.
"If you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding!"

What do you call a guy who's spent the last 5 years ripping Bonds, but believes Clemens over McNamee?

DaveC said:
This is a fuckin' circus.

I'm glad I don't pay taxes in the US.

Well, if Congress weren't doing this, they'd probably be doing stuff like having committee meetings and making laws. I'm not sure which is worse.

Back
Top Bottom