MLB Lukewarm Stove Edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
TheBrush said:
I saw that over an hour ago and BAHHHHH. Babe Ruth would have a hard time hitting in that stadium. Its a cavern. Yea you get to go to Colorado and Arizona a bit more.

Oh Well.....................Prove me wrong and club 20-30 dingers and hit .280-.290

Shea is not exactly a hitter's paradise either. My guess is a .270 average with 21 homers for Piazza in SoCal.

According to the Boston Herald the Red Sox will be signing shortstop Alex Gonzalez to a 1-year contract. This fills one big hole.

Now they have to work on getting someone of value for David Wells.

Bluer White said:

Shea is not exactly a hitter's paradise either. My guess is a .270 average with 21 homers for Piazza in SoCal.

you're right... shea is a terrible hitter's park... there aren't many parks worse... florida, detroit, and san diego. might be one or two more, but that's it... oakland used to be just as bad but apparently it's much improved with the added on football stands for some reason... who knows.

so now mike is a year older, a year slower, playing in a park that is as bad as shea if not worse, with even less protection than he had in the mets lineup.

my predictions for mike's 2006 stats.
.245, 10-15 homers, 45-55 rbi's, no more than 110 games played.

sidenote, i hope i'm wrong, but i just can't see his numbers improving.

Last edited:
phanan said:

The Sox should have never let Cabrera go.

He was great in the field. For the money Cabrera was seeking, the Sox thought Renteira would get them more bag for their buck. Oh well, you can't win 'em all.

Cabrera got jobbed in the Gold Glove voting. I don't know how Derek Jeter can keep convincing himself that his team is better off with him at short and A-Rod at 3B.

cjboog said:
all I can say is that the Mariners are going to win the world series :hyper:
Yes, and the Sonics will win the NBA title too...things are good in Seattle these days.
(45,764 days of straight rain will cloud your judgement of reality just a tad.)

Hewson said:
LA Times reporting Sox offering Manny to the Angels for Ervin Santana, Chone Figgins and the Angels top 2 prospects in the organization, Wood and Kendrick:

Hahaahahahahaha, uh yeah. :lol: It'll be a cold day in hell before that trade happens. Santana is not going anywhere. Period. Figgins is the best super-sub in the game. And then they want Brandon Wood? :lmao:

Fuckin' stupid Red Sox. :)

To be fair, from the article it's unclear if they're asking for Wood and/or Hendrick. Nevertheless, they want the Angels to pick up ALL of Manny's remaining contract dollars. :lmao:

Well, people coughOmarMinayacough have been trying to screw the Red Sox with ridiculously one sided deals for Manny Ramirez all off season, now that Theo's back and the Sox have their lineup established, they are back dealing from a position of strength, and if the Angels of western Nevada want manny, they're gonna hafta pay a hefty price.

I'm quite sure nobody expected the Angels of the eastern Pacific Ocean to jump on this, but its a starting point and it shows them and any other interested suitors that Manny will not come cheap as some coughOmarMinayacough thought.

I think its just to appease Mrs. ramirez and show her that the Sox tried to trade Manny like she demanded, but nobody would step up, and manny will be where he belongs this season, pissing behind the green monster and hitting behind David Ortiz, and the Sox will be in contention once again.

Meanwhile Vlad the Impaler will have Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck to protect him in the Angels of southwest Arizona's lineup and the anemic offense will ensure no shot at a title yet again.

Thanks for playing. :)

No, winning is all that matters.
The Red Sox went out, but with all the injuries to the pitching staff, it was pretty much expected.
If Schilling's healthy, the rotation looks pretty solid with him, Beckett, Wakefield, Clement, Arroyo, Wells (until he gets traded) and Papelbon.
Meantime the offense should be at or near the toip of the league aagain.

Who do the Angels have in their lineup outside of Vlad that will strike fear into opposing staffs?

C'mon there has to be somebody...

Nobody huh.

Hewson said:
No, winning is all that matters.
The Red Sox went out, but with all the injuries to the pitching staff, it was pretty much expected.

If we're using injuries as an excuse, then let's talk about the 2004 post-season. Remember, when your sox beat an injury-depleted Angel lineup?

Who do the Angels have in their lineup outside of Vlad that will strike fear into opposing staffs?

C'mon there has to be somebody...

Nobody huh.
Never said the Angels don't need another bat. They reportedly came very close to signing Konerko. They thought it was a lock. Konerko opted to stay in Chicago. :shrug: Not much you can do about that.....and he was the best hitter on the market.

The Angels are going with youth. Considering there aren't any good bats on the market (and I don't count Manny as realistically being on the market), I can live with that.

Should be a fun season.

pub crawler said:

Should be a fun season.
I would think so.

Besides, why should we bother discussing the Sox and Angels, cjboog has already informed us the Mariners will win the World Series (presumably over the shrm8r's Rockies).

Back
Top Bottom