MLB Hot Stove Edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
shrmn8rpoptart said:
touche:wink:

however, after june first the rockies had the best record in the nl west. if they get out to anything close to a decent start this year, they could be in the pennant race most of the summer.

i hold no pie in the sky hopes of doing anything too big like last year. however, just like the second half of last year, the rockies will be fun to watch, and a tough team to play. they never seemed to be out of games, just unable to pull out close ones. so maybe now that they have some guys in the pen to set up for fuentes, they can actually get some of the close ones.

i predict we win 80 games this year. and in the nl west, that could be enough to win the division.

a little league team could have won the national league west last year

meh, the cardinals first big signing is way too much money for a mediocre reliever.

hopefully looper is better as a set up guy.

Well, at least Looper isn't completely insane, like Julian Tavarez is.

toilet.gif

speedracer said:
Well, at least Looper isn't completely insane, like Julian Tavarez is.
Every time I see Julian Tavarez, I think of the Scarface. He reminds me of the hit man who was with Tony Montana in NYC when they were supposed to kill some diplomat, but Tony wouldn't blow up the car cause there were children inside..."what do you think of that, I told you no fucking kids, look at you now..."

taveras is the kind of guy you dont like until he is on your team. he is a psycho, but hilarious, im gonna miss him.

SANTO DOMINGO, Dominican Republic -- Pedro Martinez's right toe still hurts after nearly three months of rest.

The New York Mets' ace said Monday night that he has used a protective shoe but still feels a little pain.

"This worries me a little because generally by this time of the year I'm already throwing," he said at a dinner held for major league players by Dominican Republic President Leonel Fernandez.

What's the deal with his toe? First I've heard anything about.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
but i do have a feeling that many of the players, esp. pitchers, who are expected to play in the world baseball classic will come down with some sort of ailment between now and spring training...

I think there may be a rash of family members becoming ill or grandparents dying for the 8th time.

Ordinarily I'd say 4/52 might be too much, but if that's what it takes to keep him away from a divisonal threat, it might have been worth it.

Can we bring back Dave Roberts?

Last edited:
speedracer said:
Can we bring back Dave Roberts?
Don't be shocked if David Wells gets shipped back to the Padres for Dave Roberts.
Roberts would love to have the chance to be the every day CF in Boston.

Of course I think the Sox should try to pry Torii Hunter away from the Twinkies, a move the Yanks were supposedly attempting.

At any rate, the Yanks still have a centerfielder who can't throw.

He can't throw, but he still covers a lot of ground and can hit.

Does anyone here think Hideki Matsui is better than Johnny Damon? The Yankees probably think they got a steal by signing Damon to the same amount of money as Matsui.

If the Sox can get Tori Hunter, then perhaps the loss isn't so significant. But Coco Crisp ain't exactly gonna cut it here...

the red sox now have some major holes in their lineup. they still have manny and ortiz, obviously... but if no one's gonna get on base for them to knock in, who cares?

they now have little to no production out of centerfield, shortstop, second base and first base... and with the year lowell had last year for florida, you might want to throw third base into that mix, too... and no lead-off hitter to boot. toss in questionable pitching... beckett has been injury prone and hast yet to prove that he can be a dominant pitcher over a full season, who knows where schilling is, clement, wells and arroyo have all been rumored to be on their way out the door in trades, and they still have no closer.

perhaps trading manny now to fill some of the huge gaps they have in their lineup will benefit the red sox for the future... i heard there's a team in queens with a potential lead-off hitting centerfielder in the minors :wink:

I heard a clip on the radio this morning where Damon said something to the effect of "the Yankees haven't won anything since Chuck Knobjob left and I can fill in that leadoff spot that was lacking" Maybe Johnny should find a better player to compare himself too than Chucky :huh:

goodbye johnny , may the curse be with you , how many world series yankees won in this century ???
all-star on every position , sucky team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom