MLB 2K5 Pt 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
no, but saying you'd rather watch WNBA over the world series is just silly, whether or not the wnba is exciting or not.

StlElevation said:
genR comes to St Louis.

Im kinda worried, their 5 road wins thus far are quite intimidating.
See what happens when you get cocky and run your yap...shut out by a team with a team ERA of 1,256.94.
Rockies vs. everyone except St Louis this year: 24-28, .333
Rockies vs. The Fraudinals: 3-2, .600

Interesting time to be a Rangers fan, which I most definitely am. The Gambler has gone crazy.

Question though, to all you other baseball fans. What do you think of our boy Teixeira?

I like him. Good young power guy who you should keep for a long time. Why did your team pay Chan Ho Park so much money? When is his contract up? Just wondering.

Now listen, I haven't been to or watched a WNBA game. I do think Sue Bird is hot though so yeah, I'd rather watch her than support either of those ugly teams.

Who's the Red Sox's Daddy this season? Toronto Blue Jays, 8-3 this year against defending champs. Now if they only figure out how to beat the Tampa Bay Devil Rays, they might have a chance at the wild card.:wink:

Foulke's era is a healthy five runs higher right now than it was at this point last year. I don't think BK would want him with those numbers.

The sad thing is that Keith Foulke attempted to explain his way out of the Burger King comments and came across as looking like an even bigger asshole. Contrast with Mark Cuban's actions after the infamous Dairy Queen comment about Ed Rush.

speedracer said:
The sad thing is that Keith Foulke attempted to explain his way out of the Burger King comments and came across as looking like an even bigger asshole. Contrast with Mark Cuban's actions after the infamous Dairy Queen comment about Ed Rush.

No question Foulke just came off as more of a jackass in that interview. He really doesn't have a clue. At least Cuban spent a day working at a Dairy Queen to apologize for the comments, somehow I don't think Foulke will be doing the same.

KF_king.jpg

phanan said:

Ahem - make that 20 grand slams for Manny.

This is true. Maybe he'll hit another one tomorrow, when I'm at the game.

It is bittersweet to watch your two favorite teams go at it, though. I'm quite torn.

But on the topic of favorite teams, I'm digging the Mark Cuban references. :up:

Why on Earth would Ivan Rodriguez be selected for the Home Run Derby? He has 5, count 'em 5, homers this year. Not to mention that he's a posterboy for steroids. He looks like a 1980's size 2nd baseman.

randhail said:
Why on Earth would Ivan Rodriguez be selected for the Home Run Derby? He has 5, count 'em 5, homers this year. Not to mention that he's a posterboy for steroids. He looks like a 1980's size 2nd baseman.

maybe because of the new international format :shrug:

the format is stupid because Ivan will be in the home run derby but Pujols won't.

and if Matsui doesnt make it to the All Star game Ichiro will be in the home run derby :crazy:

laaaame

Last edited:
Chizip said:

the format is stupid because Ivan will be in the home run derby but Pujols won't.

and if Matsui doesnt make it to the All Star game Ichiro will be in the home run derby :crazy:

In his day, Pudge could smash with the best of them.

But Ichiro isn't so bad a thing. They guy can drop bombs, he does it a lot in batting practice. He just doesn't in games. Not his "style", I guess.

In any case, Ichiro in the Derby is better than Matsui in the game at all. :yuck:

inmyplace13 said:

In his day, Pudge could smash with the best of them.

In his roided up days yes, but this isn't the 1998 Home Run Derby. At least find a guy with double digit home runs this season.

randhail said:
His selection is clearly based solely upon the fact that he plays for the host team.

Hewson said:
His selection is clearly based solely upon the fact that he plays for the host team.

and that makes it right? he has 5 freaking home runs, hell So Taguchi has 5 home runs

Back
Top Bottom