MLB 2K5 Pt 2 - Page 19 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-29-2005, 03:23 PM   #271
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 05:34 AM
chacon has a 3.12 era away from coors in almost the same amount of IP that he has in coors.

maybe it won't work out, but it's a decent pickup and probably worth the risk considering that they claimed hiedo freakin nomo.

Old 07-29-2005, 05:34 PM   #272
War Child

Local Time: 06:34 AM
hey Numb........

you think this is fair??

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2119978

Two prospect might be alot....but imagine our outfield....Manny, Clifford and Bustran.

And we would get Baez!!!!!!

I got no oriblem getting rid of cameron. And 1 prospect, A second prospect scares me but we still keep our rotation in tact.

I would have to do this.

Old 07-29-2005, 06:32 PM   #273
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by StlElevation
chacon has a 3.12 era away from coors in almost the same amount of IP that he has in coors.

maybe it won't work out, but it's a decent pickup and probably worth the risk considering that they claimed hiedo freakin nomo.
The Yankees certainly haven't nothing to lose...
Old 07-29-2005, 06:54 PM   #274
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
Go Braves!
Old 07-29-2005, 06:56 PM   #275
ONE
love, blood, life

I think we need a specific Yanks/BoSox thread.
Old 07-29-2005, 07:23 PM   #276
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 04:34 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by zonelistener
I think we need a specific Yanks/BoSox thread.
Totally.
Old 07-29-2005, 07:25 PM   #277
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

''I don't know if it's completely dead,'' said an official of one of the three teams. ''But it's hit a roadblock … unless someone has some other thoughts.'' According to the official, the Red Sox asked for more from the Mets to complete the deal, which would have sent Manny Ramirez and Danys Baez to New York, Aubrey Huff and Mike Cameron to Boston and Lastings Milledge, Yusmeiro Petit, Anibal Sanchez and Kelly Shoppach to the Rays. It might have been that they wanted Braden Looper. However, the Mets would want to keep him and use him to close and Baez in a setup role initially
Old 07-29-2005, 07:39 PM   #278
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

also

The Twins lost Torii Hunter for 4-6 weeks Friday night when the center fielder tore a tendon in his left ankle trying to make a catch against the wall in Fenway Park's triangle.

that will hurt the twinkies
Old 07-29-2005, 07:58 PM   #279
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by StlElevation
also

The Twins lost Torii Hunter for 4-6 weeks Friday night when the center fielder tore a tendon in his left ankle trying to make a catch against the wall in Fenway Park's triangle.

that will hurt the twinkies
I just red this...this is not good for my Twinkies that already seem to be in a drought.

I still have the Cubs, right?
Old 07-29-2005, 11:39 PM   #280
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:34 PM
Explain to me why the Rangers need Nevin?

I think they should trade Blalock for pitching.
Old 07-30-2005, 08:11 AM   #281
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by TheBrush
hey Numb........

you think this is fair??

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2119978

Two prospect might be alot....but imagine our outfield....Manny, Clifford and Bustran.

And we would get Baez!!!!!!

I got no oriblem getting rid of cameron. And 1 prospect, A second prospect scares me but we still keep our rotation in tact.

I would have to do this.
You think the Mets would be giving up too much? Are you even kidding me? They barely are giving up anything in this potential deal.

As a Sox fan, there is no way Theo and Co. should make this move. Cameron can't hit for crap, why give up an MVP candidate for a guy with 10 HR and 32 RBI? Those numbers are bad enough to make me want to throw up at the possibility of this trade happening. They are essentially Mark Bellhorn type numbers. The team doesn't even need a centerfielder.

Aubrey Huff doesn't do anything for me either. Would he solve issues at first? Probably but it's not worth give up on ManRam. Anyone member of The Nation that thinks this is a good trade should have their heads examined.
Old 07-30-2005, 09:08 AM   #282
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by randhail

You think the Mets would be giving up too much? Are you even kidding me? They barely are giving up anything in this potential deal.

As a Sox fan, there is no way Theo and Co. should make this move. Cameron can't hit for crap, why give up an MVP candidate for a guy with 10 HR and 32 RBI? Those numbers are bad enough to make me want to throw up at the possibility of this trade happening. They are essentially Mark Bellhorn type numbers. The team doesn't even need a centerfielder.

Aubrey Huff doesn't do anything for me either. Would he solve issues at first? Probably but it's not worth give up on ManRam. Anyone member of The Nation that thinks this is a good trade should have their heads examined.
The Mets would be paying his $64,000,000 contract? And the Sox would get Huff, a potential 300/30/100 guy for left field. Cameron would be a bench player after Trot comes back.
Old 07-30-2005, 09:27 AM   #283
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Actually I'd think they'd play Cameron in LF to shore up the outfield defense and stick Huff at first instead of Millar/Olerud platoon.

Huff is a potential ..300/30/100 guy like mr Brau said, he's having a down year, but I guarantee if you stick him into a good lineup with the likes of Damon, Renteria, Ortiz, Varitek et al, his season would take off. the trade won't happen though, the mets don't want to take on the rest of the money.

the mets actually would have been giving up two pretty good to great prospects in the deal as well as Cameron to get Manny and to pay his salary and Baez, so they would be giving up quite a bit in Petit and Milledge.

the trade won't happen, though. it would actually be a pretty good trade for tampa bay all in all. they'd be coming out winners in all of it, but in the end theyre always going to be losers.

meanwhile, the cardinals supposedly inquired about picking up brian giles. i'd love to get him, but it won't happen. i don't think the cardinals will trade marquis, although I would like to see him go because they have wainwright and reyes who are ready to get going in the bigleagues. they are definitly going to need an outfielder, and jocketty says theyre looking for an "impact" player, not a stopgap outfielder.

walker is too inconsistent and on the dl, and sanders is out on the DL too. half their freakin lineup is on the DL with those two, Rolen and molina. theyre also looking for a pen arm.
Old 07-30-2005, 09:28 AM   #284
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

additionally, if the red sox were lucky enough for someone to take ramirez's contract, they could easily pursue other deals and other free agents instead of being stuck with that massive salary.

id love to have manny on my team, the guy can hit, but at that price?
Old 07-30-2005, 09:56 AM   #285
Acrobat

Local Time: 03:34 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by inmyplace13
Explain to me why the Rangers need Nevin?
Because they will get rid of Chan Ho Park.