MLB 2K5 Pt 2 - Page 19 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-29-2005, 03:23 PM   #271
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
popacrobat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: this house
Posts: 9,776
Local Time: 05:34 AM
chacon has a 3.12 era away from coors in almost the same amount of IP that he has in coors.


maybe it won't work out, but it's a decent pickup and probably worth the risk considering that they claimed hiedo freakin nomo.
__________________

__________________
popacrobat is offline  
Old 07-29-2005, 05:34 PM   #272
War Child
 
TheBrush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: niagara falls
Posts: 830
Local Time: 06:34 AM
hey Numb........

you think this is fair??

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2119978

Two prospect might be alot....but imagine our outfield....Manny, Clifford and Bustran.

And we would get Baez!!!!!!

I got no oriblem getting rid of cameron. And 1 prospect, A second prospect scares me but we still keep our rotation in tact.

I would have to do this.
__________________

__________________
TheBrush is offline  
Old 07-29-2005, 06:32 PM   #273
Blue Crack Addict
 
phanan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: in the darkness on the edge of town
Posts: 25,061
Local Time: 05:34 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by StlElevation
chacon has a 3.12 era away from coors in almost the same amount of IP that he has in coors.


maybe it won't work out, but it's a decent pickup and probably worth the risk considering that they claimed hiedo freakin nomo.
The Yankees certainly haven't nothing to lose...
__________________
phanan is offline  
Old 07-29-2005, 06:54 PM   #274
Blue Crack Addict
 
MissVelvetDress_75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
Posts: 25,776
Local Time: 05:34 AM
Go Braves!
__________________
MissVelvetDress_75 is offline  
Old 07-29-2005, 06:56 PM   #275
ONE
love, blood, life
 
zonelistener's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: six convenient metro locations
Posts: 14,747
Local Time: 05:34 AM
I think we need a specific Yanks/BoSox thread.
__________________
zonelistener is offline  
Old 07-29-2005, 07:23 PM   #276
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
WildHoneyAlways's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: In a glass case of emotion
Posts: 8,158
Local Time: 04:34 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by zonelistener
I think we need a specific Yanks/BoSox thread.
Totally.
__________________
WildHoneyAlways is offline  
Old 07-29-2005, 07:25 PM   #277
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
popacrobat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: this house
Posts: 9,776
Local Time: 05:34 AM
''I don't know if it's completely dead,'' said an official of one of the three teams. ''But it's hit a roadblock … unless someone has some other thoughts.'' According to the official, the Red Sox asked for more from the Mets to complete the deal, which would have sent Manny Ramirez and Danys Baez to New York, Aubrey Huff and Mike Cameron to Boston and Lastings Milledge, Yusmeiro Petit, Anibal Sanchez and Kelly Shoppach to the Rays. It might have been that they wanted Braden Looper. However, the Mets would want to keep him and use him to close and Baez in a setup role initially
__________________
popacrobat is offline  
Old 07-29-2005, 07:39 PM   #278
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
popacrobat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: this house
Posts: 9,776
Local Time: 05:34 AM
also

The Twins lost Torii Hunter for 4-6 weeks Friday night when the center fielder tore a tendon in his left ankle trying to make a catch against the wall in Fenway Park's triangle.

that will hurt the twinkies
__________________
popacrobat is offline  
Old 07-29-2005, 07:58 PM   #279
ONE
love, blood, life
 
zonelistener's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: six convenient metro locations
Posts: 14,747
Local Time: 05:34 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by StlElevation
also

The Twins lost Torii Hunter for 4-6 weeks Friday night when the center fielder tore a tendon in his left ankle trying to make a catch against the wall in Fenway Park's triangle.

that will hurt the twinkies
I just red this...this is not good for my Twinkies that already seem to be in a drought.

I still have the Cubs, right?
__________________
zonelistener is offline  
Old 07-29-2005, 11:39 PM   #280
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,414
Local Time: 11:34 PM
Explain to me why the Rangers need Nevin?

I think they should trade Blalock for pitching.
__________________
impy13 is offline  
Old 07-30-2005, 08:11 AM   #281
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
randhail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Outside Providence
Posts: 3,557
Local Time: 05:34 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by TheBrush
hey Numb........

you think this is fair??

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2119978

Two prospect might be alot....but imagine our outfield....Manny, Clifford and Bustran.

And we would get Baez!!!!!!

I got no oriblem getting rid of cameron. And 1 prospect, A second prospect scares me but we still keep our rotation in tact.

I would have to do this.
You think the Mets would be giving up too much? Are you even kidding me? They barely are giving up anything in this potential deal.

As a Sox fan, there is no way Theo and Co. should make this move. Cameron can't hit for crap, why give up an MVP candidate for a guy with 10 HR and 32 RBI? Those numbers are bad enough to make me want to throw up at the possibility of this trade happening. They are essentially Mark Bellhorn type numbers. The team doesn't even need a centerfielder.

Aubrey Huff doesn't do anything for me either. Would he solve issues at first? Probably but it's not worth give up on ManRam. Anyone member of The Nation that thinks this is a good trade should have their heads examined.
__________________
randhail is offline  
Old 07-30-2005, 09:08 AM   #282
ONE
love, blood, life
 
MrBrau1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Verplexed in Vermont
Posts: 10,436
Local Time: 05:34 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by randhail


You think the Mets would be giving up too much? Are you even kidding me? They barely are giving up anything in this potential deal.

As a Sox fan, there is no way Theo and Co. should make this move. Cameron can't hit for crap, why give up an MVP candidate for a guy with 10 HR and 32 RBI? Those numbers are bad enough to make me want to throw up at the possibility of this trade happening. They are essentially Mark Bellhorn type numbers. The team doesn't even need a centerfielder.

Aubrey Huff doesn't do anything for me either. Would he solve issues at first? Probably but it's not worth give up on ManRam. Anyone member of The Nation that thinks this is a good trade should have their heads examined.
The Mets would be paying his $64,000,000 contract? And the Sox would get Huff, a potential 300/30/100 guy for left field. Cameron would be a bench player after Trot comes back.
__________________
"If you needed my autograph, I'd give it to you." Bob Dylan
MrBrau1 is offline  
Old 07-30-2005, 09:27 AM   #283
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
popacrobat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: this house
Posts: 9,776
Local Time: 05:34 AM
Actually I'd think they'd play Cameron in LF to shore up the outfield defense and stick Huff at first instead of Millar/Olerud platoon.

Huff is a potential ..300/30/100 guy like mr Brau said, he's having a down year, but I guarantee if you stick him into a good lineup with the likes of Damon, Renteria, Ortiz, Varitek et al, his season would take off. the trade won't happen though, the mets don't want to take on the rest of the money.

the mets actually would have been giving up two pretty good to great prospects in the deal as well as Cameron to get Manny and to pay his salary and Baez, so they would be giving up quite a bit in Petit and Milledge.

the trade won't happen, though. it would actually be a pretty good trade for tampa bay all in all. they'd be coming out winners in all of it, but in the end theyre always going to be losers.



meanwhile, the cardinals supposedly inquired about picking up brian giles. i'd love to get him, but it won't happen. i don't think the cardinals will trade marquis, although I would like to see him go because they have wainwright and reyes who are ready to get going in the bigleagues. they are definitly going to need an outfielder, and jocketty says theyre looking for an "impact" player, not a stopgap outfielder.

walker is too inconsistent and on the dl, and sanders is out on the DL too. half their freakin lineup is on the DL with those two, Rolen and molina. theyre also looking for a pen arm.
__________________
popacrobat is offline  
Old 07-30-2005, 09:28 AM   #284
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
popacrobat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: this house
Posts: 9,776
Local Time: 05:34 AM
additionally, if the red sox were lucky enough for someone to take ramirez's contract, they could easily pursue other deals and other free agents instead of being stuck with that massive salary.

id love to have manny on my team, the guy can hit, but at that price?
__________________
popacrobat is offline  
Old 07-30-2005, 09:56 AM   #285
Acrobat
 
Calvin N. Hobbes's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Posts: 329
Local Time: 03:34 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by inmyplace13
Explain to me why the Rangers need Nevin?
Because they will get rid of Chan Ho Park.
__________________

__________________
Calvin N. Hobbes is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com