MLB 2K5 Pt 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
victories against the stros or phils or muts or fish mean more to the cubs than victories against the cards. :wink: (doesnt know if the cubs have games left against those teams.)

The Red Sox need to move Schilling into the starting rotation immediately. That's the only way he'll get his arm strength and stamina back. I don't care if Foulke is still a week or so away.

Thank goodness for Big Papi.

Hilarious irony alert:

Just saw a Dodgers ad on TV. Derek Lowe said "come to a Dodgers game. Fun for the whole family."

speedracer said:
And yes, the 2004 World Series win was one in 86 years. But the Yankees' collapse in the 2004 ALCS will live on for eternity.

:applaud: :applaud: :applaud:

truer words were never spoken. just thinking about it always brings a smile to my face. :lol:

And Curt Schilling is gettling lit up like a Christmas tree. Not good.

speedracer said:
Derek Lowe said "come to a Dodgers game. Fun for the whole family."

Yeah, it's especially fun for your family when you meet a sportscaster there and come home and tell them you're leaving them for her. Good times! :happy:

:drool:Jeff Francoeur
b118.jpg

Pedro Martinez has a no-hitter after 7 innings today...

Edit: <muntz> Ha ha! </muntz>

Last edited:
phanan said:
Considering the White Sox were up 4-0 in the first game and lost, I hardly think a 5-2 lead at Fenway would have been safe.

i only think it was because we had pretty much gotten clement knocked out

That is true - however, if the game had started again after the second rain delay, El Duque would not have returned, either. And let's be honest - the bullpen isn't the strongest point of that team.

Of course, the Red Sox bullpen also isn't the greatest, but if you had to choose which offense would take advantage of a bullpen more, I'd have to pick the Red Sox.

Imarocker said:

after the TIGERS pasted curt last night, the slide will start on the long road trip. Yanks win, sux lose by next week yanks will be on top.

sure thing Nostradamus.

Just out of curiousity, what team do you root for?

Imarocker said:

after the TIGERS pasted curt last night, the slide will start on the long road trip. Yanks win, sux lose by next week yanks will be on top.

Um, yeah. Ok. First loss in a week and all hell breaks loose. Even though this road trip includes three at Kansas City, and even though the Red Sox play 25 of their final 37 games at home.

Um, yeah. Ok.

phanan said:

Um, yeah. Ok. First loss in a week and all hell breaks loose. Even though this road trip includes three at Kansas City, and even though the Red Sox play 25 of their final 37 games at home.

Um, yeah. Ok.

KC is just waiting to make their move, I predict they will win all but one of their remaining games and will somehow win the division. :wink:

I almost feel bad for the fans who root for perenial losers in small markets like Kansas City, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, Tampa Bay etc....

It's no fun when April comes and you know you have ZERO chances of making the post season.

phanan said:
That is true - however, if the game had started again after the second rain delay, El Duque would not have returned, either. And let's be honest - the bullpen isn't the strongest point of that team.

Of course, the Red Sox bullpen also isn't the greatest, but if you had to choose which offense would take advantage of a bullpen more, I'd have to pick the Red Sox.

i know this response is delayed a bit

but the sox bullpen is actually pretty good

bobby jenks whos the rookie that blew the first game, was just being shown some confidence by ozzie, and it didnt work

after him cliff politte, neil cotts, damaso marte and dustin hermanson are all pretty damn good

politte and cotts even compare to timlin

and hermanson has only blown 1 save

Back
Top Bottom