MLB 2K5 Pt 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That prequisite must not carry too much weight. Afterall, how would Mr. GQ himself Randy Johnson have won all those Cy Youngs. :wink:

i cant believe this

according to www.soxtalk.com they're saying that the whitesox were going to trade casey rogowski and 2 other decent prospects for ken griffey jr.

everything was all set then the reds management rejected the trade

damnit!:angry: :angry: :angry:

The last two weeks the mets have had carbon copies Cy Young, Lefty Grove, Walter Johnson, Warren Spahn, and christy Mathewson pitching for them only they couldnt score any runs. They seemed to lose every game 2-1 or 3-2.

Now their lineup is murders row but their pitching staff couldnt get me out.

Mikey is the Piazza of old lately. 5 RBI's today and long dingers in back-to-back nights.

TheBrush said:
The last two weeks the mets have had carbon copies Cy Young, Lefty Grove, Walter Johnson, Warren Spahn, and christy Mathewson pitching for them
Things must be quite nice in your little fantasy world. :wink:

I'm Ready said:
ken griffey jr.

Think about this.....

Why isn't he the superstar everyone thought he was going to be?

hint: he is REALLY due for an injury this year still.

Imagine him walking into the Sock (thanks WHA) clubhouse and pulling a muscle reaching out to shake hands with Frank Thomas.

zonelistener said:

Think about this.....

Why isn't he the superstar everyone thought he was going to be?

hint: he is REALLY due for an injury this year still.

Imagine him walking into the Sock (thanks WHA) clubhouse and pulling a muscle reaching out to shake hands with Frank Thomas.

Yeah, I've never been sold on Griffey. It would have been funny to see Giffy pull a muscle reaching to shake hands with Big Frank. Of course the Big Skirt would trip over a chair and rebrake his ankle when he went to comfort an ouchy Griffey. Big Skirt indeed.

Anyway, what the Sock need is another bat, badly. Crazy Carl has an ouchy groin now.

I'm going to Elvis night tonight. Good times people, good times. The Cub ain't got nothing on the promotions department. :wink:

never been sold on Griffey?
are you talking about his injury riddled years since joining Cincy, or do you mean in general? I assume you mean just the last 4 or 5 years.

For about 7 or 8 years (92-99 or so) he was the best player to ever step on a baseball diamond.

He's still good, just wait and see, when he gets out of Cincy, he's gonan tear it up.

phanan said:

Yep, he's gonna tear some muscle in his body up again.

:wink:

:applaud:

jr has proven to be a disappointment in cinti. a very expensive one to boot. this is the first year of serious play they've gotten out of him. might want to save the money.

Last edited:
:yikes:

NYFF10508100247.jpeg

NYFF10708100250.jpeg

Last edited:
Really? wow. He looked pretty freaked out when he fell or I guess now jumped. He is one lucky dude. could have missed the net or the net could have broke. I have trouble thinking that was intentional. Only the people in the upper deck now. They could have seen what he was doing before the event.

TheBrush said:
David Wright just made the play of the year, catch sportscenter tonight everyone. Man o man, soft hands
That was a nice catch, but not the play of the year.
Wright's catch diving into the stands earlier this year was better, but Ichiro's wall climb still ranks at the top I'd say.

TheFly84138 said:
What's really worth talking about in baseball besides the Boston Red Sox?

Sometimes I'm embarassed to be a red sox fan when i see comments like this. We give Yankee fans all the crap in the world about being obnoxious, but we're not any better.

phanan said:
So an arbitrator just ruled that Kenny Rogers' suspension will be done after today, reducing it by seven games.

What a joke.

Give the Rangers a break. We need all the help we can get.

yeah, no way should the suspension have been reduced.

it's not like the rangers are actually in it anyway.

yeah, supposedly the guy jumped to see if the net would hold his weight or not :crazy:

this is what steinbrenner thought of it

"That was the only exciting thing that happened today," Yankees owner George Steinbrenner said after Chicago's 2-1 victory.

:lmao:

zumanity42 said:

btw, Rose has gotten a bum deal. he bet on his team to WIN!!!
his mistake was not fessing up to it for 20 years. that was his undoing.

If you bet on your team to win, the implication is that on days when you don't bet on your team, you may not be giving your best effort.

randhail said:

Sometimes I'm embarassed to be a red sox fan when i see comments like this. We give Yankee fans all the crap in the world about being obnoxious, but we're not any better.

i agree

im a whitesox fan, i liked the redsox until they won the world series because the fans started to piss me off

in the meantime the sox took 2 of 3 from the yanks so take that all those espn idiots who say we cudnt compete with them

now gotta keep the pace up against boston

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom