MLB 2K5 Pt 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This really makes me wonder what he was thinking. He says he never "knowingly" put a banned substance in his body. Well, okay, so what. I haven't read what the banned substance they found was. Does anyone know?

if it werent a random test, Sammy probably would have been "outed" too. Look how skinny some of these guys look, Sammy looks like he's lost at least 20 pounds.

That's really the true shame. Some guys get nailed and some guys get a free pass. Bonds will be clean as a whistle by the time he's back. Sammy is probably close to done in a year or two.
Both of them will make it to Cooperstown even though we know they were both juiced for a half a decade at least.

Raffy and Big Mac are going to have a hard time getting support.
But if we are honest about it, you can't leave these guys out and put Bonds, Sosa and others in.

So what can you do?

I'd blame baseball in general, players and management for not cleaning up the game sooner and vote Raffy, Sosa, and Big Mac in. Because there is no way of truly knowing how much or how little they were truly juiced and how much it truly help.

Is there any fair way to do it? I say all or nothing.
You either leave the ballot blank on all these guys and when someone like Maddux, Clemens, Griffey Jr even Jeter and ARod goes in, it will truly mean something. .

WildHoneyAlways said:
This really makes me wonder what he was thinking. He says he never "knowingly" put a banned substance in his body. Well, okay, so what. I haven't read what the banned substance they found was. Does anyone know?

They haven't said. The closest thing to an answer was the following line in the story:

Palmeiro wouldn't go into the specifics but left the impression that the banned substance was contained in a supplement that was not prescribed.

randhail said:
I never thought I'd be saying this, but it looks like Jose Canseco might actually be a credible source on steroid users.

maybe this means jose consecos also a good source to who cheats on their wives:wink:

Edit: No one would get that unless they read his book

U2DMfan said:
Raffy and Big Mac are going to have a hard time getting support.
But if we are honest about it, you can't leave these guys out and put Bonds, Sosa and others in.

So what can you do?

I don't think Bonds and Sosa are "for sure" Hall of Famers. Bonds did admit to using steriods after all.

U2DMfan said:
Sammy looks like he's lost at least 20 pounds.

I think its the Orioles Uniforms - they are quite "slimming" compared to the Cubbies jerseys. Let me try and explain...Pinstripes as opposed to black. EVERYONE knows "verticle strpies" add ten pounds and "black" (like the O's warm-up and Sunday alternates) are "slimming" - Sammy is just using fashion to his advantage...like cork in a practice bat!

WildHoneyAlways said:

I don't think Bonds and Sosa are "for sure" Hall of Famers. Bonds did admit to using steriods after all.

You don't think Bonds is a sure fire Hall of Famer?

Half of the "analyists" out there already claim him to be the best player of all time

zonelistener said:

I think its the Orioles Uniforms - they are quite "slimming" compared to the Cubbies jerseys. Let me try and explain...Pinstripes as opposed to black. EVERYONE knows "verticle strpies" add ten pounds and "black" (like the O's warm-up and Sunday alternates) are "slimming" - Sammy is just using fashion to his advantage...like cork in a practice bat!

Horizontal stripes add 10 lbs dude. Not vertical. :wink:
Nice try though.

Theres no way, steroids or no steroids, that Bonds will be left out of the hall of fame.

like phanan said, his numbers alone and then add in the MVP's... hes an undenible hall of famer.

but this will open a bag of worms with pete rose again too i bet eventually.

StlElevation said:
Theres no way, steroids or no steroids, that Bonds will be left out of the hall of fame.

like phanan said, his numbers alone and then add in the MVP's... hes an undenible hall of famer.

but this will open a bag of worms with pete rose again too i bet eventually.

That's fine. And in 20 years, when I take my kids to the HOF, and we pass by the Bonds exibit, I'll tell them "Barry Bonds was a cheat kids, he doesn't belong here."

WildHoneyAlways said:
It makes me irate to think that players use used steriods will be rewarded with a place in the hall of fame. It's absolutely wrong. :|

I agree with you 100% on this matter but unfortunately players from this generation will be going to Cooperstown. Does that include players like Palmeiro, Sosa, Giambi etc? It probably does. The only way you can exclude people is you know exactly who was a user and who wasn't. It would basically take an admittance of guilt by the player himself.

Are there cheaters in the HOF? Surely there are, whether it be with corked bats, spit balls, or sandpaper in the hat. Granted the cheating may have never been as widespread during the steroid era, but these players will get into Cooperstown. Baseball's only true mortal sin is gambling. People make the argument for Pete Rose, but what about Joe Jackson? 1919 was a long long time ago and he is still not there.

Another thing that helps the player's chances of getting in is the waiting period after retirement. It gives people a chance to forgive and forget. Most likely if you took a vote today, Palmeiro would not get the 75% needed for induction. Five years from now? I think he gets it, but who knows. We have a short attention span in this country and who gets in and who doesn't will speak to that.

although as a mets fan, Victor Zambrano can make me uncomfortable in my chair while watching him pitch. I can't knock his taste in music. While he warms up on the mound there is always a U2 song on the PA, usually Vertigo.

if Raffy comes clean before his balloting for the HOF he's in. call it "short attention span theatre" or whatever you like, but we love to forgive the failings of our heros.
3,000+/ 500+. America loves a winner.

btw, Rose has gotten a bum deal. he bet on his team to WIN!!!
his mistake was not fessing up to it for 20 years. that was his undoing.

PALMEIRO-BDD2.jpg

zumanity42 said:

It doesn't matter whether he bet on his team to win or not. When gambling is anvolved in any way, the outcome is tainted. Gambling is the ultimate mortal sin in baseball. Rose is a scumbag and in no way derserves to be a hall of famer. If Rose is gets in then you have to put Joe Jackson in there too.

zumanity42 said:
if Raffy comes clean before his balloting for the HOF he's in. call it "short attention span theatre" or whatever you like, but we love to forgive the failings of our heros.
3,000+/ 500+. America loves a winner.

I do not think you understand how betting on your team to win still looks bad.

Lets say your going to bet on your team to win on thursday. Normally #1 pitchers match up against each other. If I wanted to win thursday and both My #1 pitcher is pitching and their #1 pitcher is pitching on Weds.. So if you hold him back you get a more favorable matchup on thurs. This works with regular position players. Perhaps you give them the day off before the thursday game.

So betting on your team to win means dick. It says in everyclubhouse no gambling. This is the cardinal rule in baseball.

Also on a side note. This Charlie Hustle thing is bullshit. Everyone should hustle and most do.

He was a great player and by sheer numbers could belong in Cooperstown. However, He shit on the game, then lied about it. You do not get to pick when you choose to tell the truth, the truth is beyond any one person.
He lacked that respect for the game, hence he does not love the game.

TheBrush said:

I do not think you understand how betting on your team to win still looks bad.

Lets say your going to bet on your team to win on thursday. Normally #1 pitchers match up against each other. If I wanted to win thursday and both My #1 pitcher is pitching and their #1 pitcher is pitching on Weds.. So if you hold him back you get a more favorable matchup on thurs. This works with regular position players. Perhaps you give them the day off before the thursday game.

So betting on your team to win means dick. It says in everyclubhouse no gambling. This is the cardinal rule in baseball.

Also on a side note. This Charlie Hustle thing is bullshit. Everyone should hustle and most do.

He was a great player and by sheer numbers could belong in Cooperstown. However, He shit on the game, then lied about it. You do not get to pick when you choose to tell the truth, the truth is beyond any one person.
He lacked that respect for the game, hence he does not love the game.

:applaud:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom