MLB 2K5 Down the Stretch Edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think the Red Sox are in the process of a collapse. They only score when Ortiz hits. Which is a shame, the pitching has been ok for the past week.

You know a guy is on a roll when you are intentionally walked with Manny Ramirez batting behind you.

Wakefield has been unbelievable lately. His knuckler has a streak to it, though. Let's hope he can keep it going until the end.

phanan said:
You know a guy is on a roll when you are intentionally walked with Manny Ramirez batting behind you.

Wakefield has been unbelievable lately. His knuckler has a streak to it, though. Let's hope he can keep it going until the end.

He's been great. 3 runs in 18 innings? And not a W to show for it.

The bats (minus Ortiz & Graff) need to wake up. Renteria is useless. Unless the ball hits him.

Renteria is useless. Unless the ball hits him. [/B][/QUOTE]

leads the league in errors...nice way to spend 30 mill. on a SS who butchers 25% of his plays

MrBrau1 said:

A Wankee fan should talk. Kevin Brown.
Plus they certainly got their money's worth out of Jason Giambi last season, Carl Pavano this year and Jaret Wright's 5.61 ERA certainly looks like a bargain at what, $8 Million or so?

Hewson said:
Plus they certainly got their money's worth out of Jason Giambi last season, Carl Pavano this year and Jaret Wright's 5.61 ERA certainly looks like a bargain at what, $8 Million or so?

but at least they got their money's worth out of Javy Vasquez...oh wait

Hewson said:

Giambi. He's a Juice guy.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
or 19 million for a outstandingly mediocre mike mussina... or 12.5 million for bernie williams, or, frankly, 19.6 million for derek jeter...

every big market team in baseball, with the possible exception of st. louis, has it's share of over-payments...

just look at kaz matsui and carlos beltran.

Jose Offerman comes to mind at around 6 million per year.

The year's "big signing" after Mo Vaughn went west.

good thing Juan "GONE" gonzalez turned down that 185 mill from the Tigers a few years ago. That left them with only Easley, & Higginson to waste money on.

I realize it's only one game, but how good did Craig Hansen for the Sox last night? It makes me wonder why this kid wasn't called up sooner.

randhail said:
I realize it's only one game, but how good did Craig Hansen for the Sox last night? It makes me wonder why this kid wasn't called up sooner.

He looked good. It looks like Sox farm system is going to start to deliver in the next few years. One of this teams big upsides.

randhail said:

Well, he had a dead arm and was put on the shelf for a couple of weeks. Otherwise, we would've seen Hansen with the rest of the September 1st callups.

PS, Ozzie Guillen gave out his email address in a magazine. He said he's getting many emails daily and 9 out of 10 bascially say "you suck":laugh:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom