MLB 2K5 Down the Stretch Edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I still follow the Tigers, just hate the owner. Once he's gone I'll root for them again. Right now I don't really cheer on one specific team, I just would like to see someone else win that hasn't won in a while.

I never jumped off the 'bandwagon', just stopped it for a while.

Hewson said:
Anyone else experiencing Deja Vu?
I seem to remember someon being awful boastful about a year ago about a team from several cities in southern California and how they were gonna stomp the Red Sox, and then this mighty team which roasted the competition in its weak division got swept, barely putting up a fight.

Yes, I was boasting last year, more out of spite than anything -- I'll give you that. You've got to admit though, this is a different Angels team this year. Hell, you said yourself that they look to be the most complete team in the American League.

pub crawler said:

Yes, I was boasting last year, more out of spite than anything -- I'll give you that. You've got to admit though, this is a different Angels team this year. Hell, you said yourself that they look to be the most complete team in the American League.

and they have the VLADINATOR!!!!:yes: :hyper:

Headache in a Suitcase said:

former president of madison square garden, was baisicly the guy who resurected the place in the early 90s... making it the "in" place to be in new york thanks to the success of the knicks and the rangers. resigned in 2000 or 2001 because jim dolan kept taking more and more hands on control, and checketts could see what was happening... i.e. dolan driving the entire organization into the ground.

why?

he apparently bought the st louis blues

pub crawler said:

Yes I said they are, with one bad match up, the Red Sox.
The Red Sox lineup murderizes the Angies' staff and will again if they meet in October. If the Red Sox fail to make the playoffs, or get taken out in the divison round by the White Sox (I know, I'm chuckling as I type that), the Angies have a legit shot at losing the World Series to the Astros.

cheketts is a top quality ownership guy. and seeing as he hates the dolan family, he's a.o.k. in my book.

to some how tie this back into baseball....

the red sox truely are lucky... the dolan family did, at one point, attempt to buy the red sox. they actually made the highest bid, but thanks to bud selig, the current ownership got it instead.

if the dolan's had bought the team, there is no way they would have won the world series last year. the team would be a mess.

damn you bud selig... damn you to hell.

Imarocker said:
I still follow the Tigers, just hate the owner. Once he's gone I'll root for them again. Right now I don't really cheer on one specific team, I just would like to see someone else win that hasn't won in a while.

You're a fair-weather fan.

When things get tough, you root for the new winner. :|

Headache in a Suitcase said:
cheketts is a top quality ownership guy.

good to hear :up:

i dont think anybody wants to win the NL MVP

both Pujols and Jones have sucked in september

carpenter has got lit up his past few times too

such a disappointing way to end the season

Isn't this what happened to the Cardinals last year? Win the division running away, and then getting stagnate toward the end, and not keeping the edge for the playoffs.

I'd be worried if I were a Cardinals fan.

Imarocker said:

Your posts about the Red Sox have always been laughable, and now I know why...

It looked like Willis was wresting the NL Cy from Carpenter until he also got lit up the other night. Carpenter has been lit up his last 4 starts though.

phanan said:
Isn't this what happened to the Cardinals last year? Win the division running away, and then getting stagnate toward the end, and not keeping the edge for the playoffs.

I'd be worried if I were a Cardinals fan.

yeah but then we dominated the Dodgers coming out of the gate to get momentum back.

by the time you get to the world series i dont think how you finished the regular season means anything.

MrBrau1 said:

You're a fair-weather fan.

When things get tough, you root for the new winner. :|

fair weathered??? you obviously can't read too well.
I actually don't care who wins as long as its not boston

so there:madspit:

pub crawler said:
The best player on the bosox is David Ortiz, a guy who doesn't even play defense. :laugh:

As opposed to Manny Ramirez and Edgar the Rented Mule?

Imarocker said:

fair weathered??? you obviously can't read too well.
I actually don't care who wins as long as its not boston

so there:madspit:

I read what you wrote:

Imarocker said:

ah nothing like the white sox finally winning the AL central

now we can say shut up to:

Woody Paige, said we would collapse and miss playoffs

Jay Marriotti, For just hating the white sox

ESPN, biased coverage and their analysts doubted us through the year

sports illustrated, predicted third place finish

Now we can relax and play well in the playoffs

Back
Top Bottom