MLB 2K5 Down the Stretch Edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
you know you're fucked when you bring Jeremi Gonzalez into the game with men on in the 9th. This bullpen is worse than the 2003 edition.

Re: 14 straight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
GO BRAVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

while all these AL teams are busy beating up on each other just trying to make the postseason, the NL teams are getting their pitching rotation set for a championship. I think this might be the year of the BRAVE

Re: Re: 14 straight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

Imarocker said:

while all these AL teams are busy beating up on each other just trying to make the postseason, the NL teams are getting their pitching rotation set for a championship. I think this might be the year of the BRAVE
Giving up on your Yanks so soon?

phanan said:
Huh? How is that three days rest for Wakefield? He just pitched this afternoon...
Pitched Tuesday
rest Wednesday (thats 1)
rest Thursday (thats 2)
rest Friday (thats 3)
Pitch Saturday
3 days rest, one short of the normal 4, but because of the rainout Monday, either Wake or Schilling has to go on short rest Saturday, which one would you feel more comfortable with at this point?

11577genR.jpg

Wow, three teams are tied in the AL with the same record... it looks as the Yanks, Red Sox and Indians are purposely losing games so as to increase MLB ratings this weekend... :D

Very interesting, though. May the best one make it!

As of today, September 28th:

Boston (6) 92 65 -- 5
Cleveland (6) 92 65 -- 5
NY Yankees (6) 92 65 -- 5

U2@NYC said:
Wow, three teams are tied in the AL with the same record... it looks as the Yanks, Red Sox and Indians are purposely losing games so as to increase MLB ratings this weekend... :D

Very interesting, though. May the best one make it!

Actually its the best 2 that'll make it.
One will win the east and another will claim the wiildcard (theoretically all 3 could still make it if the Chisox stumble out of the division lead, probably have to lose all 5 remaining games, and have the Red Sox and Yanks go 4-1 and 3-2, then the Chisox would end up in a 1 game playoff against the team that went 3-2.)

Hewson said:
Pitched Tuesday
rest Wednesday (thats 1)
rest Thursday (thats 2)
rest Friday (thats 3)
Pitch Saturday
3 days rest, one short of the normal 4, but because of the rainout Monday, either Wake or Schilling has to go on short rest Saturday, which one would you feel more comfortable with at this point?

This is true, but then why do they always refer to normal rest as five days? At least, that's what it always seems like is stated, whether there was an extra day off or not.

phanan said:

This is true, but then why do they always refer to normal rest as five days? At least, that's what it always seems like is stated, whether there was an extra day off or not.

i think people say pitchers pitch every 5th day, not that they get 5 days rest

4 days rest and every 5th day

ummm... does anybody actually want to win the american league east? how are the red sox losing again at home to the blue jays in such an important game? frank cattalanato from about two miles away from me just knocked in 2 more... 7-1 blue jays.

well as i was typing this a-rod went deep for the 47th time this year, passing joe dimaggio for the all time single season yankee record for homeruns by a right handed hitter. purple lips or not, that's fairly impressive.

a-rod's year 2 certainly makes me have hope for carlos beltran next year...

so in the mvp race, which i really do believe will be decided by who finishes stronger in these last 5 games... a-rod 1, ortiz 0

and lastly, after kissing a-rod's ass for so long, which i should stop doing because that's jeter's ass to kiss, not mine... allow me to bash the yanks a bit and say that michael kay is the absolute worst annoucer in all of baseball. listening to him makes my ears bleed. at least sterling's funny. this guy's just nausiating.

The Jays own Boston this year, unfortunately the Devil Rays owned TO.

I sooo hope the f'n Red Sox make the playoffs and meet the Angels in the first round. I want to see the bosox get their asses wiped all over the field.

God I hate that f'n team. :mad:

Last edited:
pub crawler said:
I sooo hope the f'n Red Sox make the playoffs and meet the Angels in the first round. I want to see the bosox get their asses wiped all over the field.

God I hate that f'n team. :mad:

is that supposed to be funny? The Angels beating the Sox in the playoffs?? Man, you crack me up.

randhail said:

is that supposed to be funny? The Angels beating the Sox in the playoffs?? Man, you crack me up.

Heheh...well, we'll see if you're still cracking up if/when the Angels meet the bosox. The halos' pitching staff is vastly improved this year from what it was last year and Scioscia and Bud Black have 6 days to line their staff up just the way they want it. The red sox will be toast. :wink: And I'm gonna absolutely LOVE seeing the resulting carnage.

Good Day of baseball tonight

White Sox Win, Indians Lose

Red Sox lose Yankees Win, keeping things interesting in the East

Sox have clinched tie for wildcard

Magic number is 2 for division

hey headache, what do you know about David Checketts?

sorry this is not baseball related :shifty:

I'm Ready said:
Good Day of baseball tonight

White Sox Win, Indians Lose

Red Sox lose Yankees Win, keeping things interesting in the East

Sox have clinched tie for wildcard

Magic number is 2 for division

you mean white sox?? don't you
the bost bums haven't clinched anything

Imarocker said:
one more thing about the MVP, A-ROD has played EVERY game, ortiz gets a sore back when the BIG UNIT pitches

Where on earth do you get your facts from? Ortiz has played in 155 games and the team has played 158. Man, that Papi is a real bum and hates going out to play everyday.

Back
Top Bottom