MLB 2K5 Down the Stretch Edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Headache in a Suitcase said:

if you ever call the red sox my team again i will smack you with a wet noodle.

i fucking hate the red sox and the yankees. i hope both teams fold and never play again.

that said, the only hitters in all of baseball i'd take over manny ramirez are albert pujols, vlad guerrero and alex rodriguez. the fact that he's a red sox and i friggin hate anything to do with boston does not cloud my judgement on the fact that the man is an absolute beast of an RBI guy.

just curious? what team do you like?

Imarocker said:
:lol: :lol:

Manny's on his way down if he didn't play in the sandbox his rbi's would be less...I bet most of his assists are at home.

I decided I didn't want varitek must edit Pujols for Teixeira
that makes the team better...

hmm better get your facts straight about Manny:

Home: .297 average 18 hr 64 rbi
Away: .283 average 21hr 65 rbi

:hmm:

Those numbers look pretty similar

There goes "Fenway factor theory"

And he's 1 rbi away from matching his high since 1999 and his home run total look pretty good to his career numbers so there goes the idea he's on his way down too.

Last edited:
the worst franchise in all of baseball.

Tampa Bay?

They are by far the worst "franchise" top to bottom.

Unless you mean the Pirates, who might have the worst oganization. No home grown talent, almost at all.

The Royals and Tigers are bad but they have shown a little bit of promise here and there. Still bad. Detroit is getting better.

Those have to be the 4 worst?

My other guess, disgruntled Mets fan.

Last edited:
YANKEES magic number = 10

enough said.

can't figure out the mets, they have good players, spend money, yet keep losing? Thought they would contend this year after signing Pedro, & Carlos.

joe torre's really done a fantastic job... i mean who could have done this with alex rodriguez, derek jeter, gary sheffield, hideki matsui, jorge posada, randy johnson and mariano rivera?

not many, that's for sure.

ZING !!!!!

Even a week ago I still didn't think the White Sox would blow it, but now...

Most people would hate it, but there is a strong possibility that both the Yankees and Red Sox will make the playoffs again.

phanan said:
Even a week ago I still didn't think the White Sox would blow it, but now...

Most people would hate it, but there is a strong possibility that both the Yankees and Red Sox will make the playoffs again.

and frankly an even stronger possibility that either the yankees or the red sox will not make the playoffs.

as of right now, the indians and white sox would both get in, leaving the red sox on the outside.

but if the yankees and red sox were to both get in, i can immediately name two people with no affiliation to either the yankees or the red sox who would be in heaven...

Murdoch_Rupert_BBC.jpg
160_ap_bud_selig_file.jpg

Last edited:
phanan said:
With the way the White Sox have been playing? They have three more against the Twins and another series with the Indians. I could see them losing out entirely now.

the current standings for the teams involved in the AL East/AL Central Divisional / Wild Card Extravofuckfest.

White Sox - 91-61 - 0.0 GB (central leader)
Indians - 90-63 - 1.5 GB (wild card leader)
Yankees - 89-63 - 2.0 GB (east leader)
Red Sox - 88-64 - 3.0 GB

so right now... the white sox are very much still in the driver's seat... all be it a slippery seat.

thanks. don't think i'veseen him b4.

the other whacko, Bud, if he isn't the biggest tool in the world, then I don't know who is.......

phanan said:
Let's hope the timing of this benefits the Red Sox, not that the Orioles were doing that great to begin with.

Of course, the Red Sox have sucked against the Orioles this year...

Baltimore might not be dead yet. I Checked the Wankee score last nite and it was 7-1 Wanks, but finished 7-6 Wanks.

holy crap

the whitesox win again

and the Indians Lose!

I didn't even expect to be in first place by the end of the week:ohmy:

Back
Top Bottom