MLB 2014 Continued

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Now: In GIF!

ThinValidKronosaurus.gif

I'd suggest attempting to keep things on an even keel. There's still plenty of games left. You have a propensity for "the sky is falling!" at the slightest bump in the road.

Well, what's really happening is more of a "their outfield, shortstop, catcher, DH, and 1B have been fucking terrible at the plate and it's finally biting them in the ass."

I never thought they were even close to as good as they performed in the first half. One slump from Seager and/or Cano and this team is absolute shit at the plate.

Do you ever catch yourself looking at a word and completely forgetting what it is?
I reread the word Designated like five times just now, trying to pronounce it in my head and failing. The mind is a strange thing at times.

Not like he would have gone the ~200 or so pitches it would take for these assholes to buy themselves a second fucking run.

So hey PhilsFan, are you a fan of blowing up the entire team if they can get a bunch of prospects back (even if it means eating a shit-ton of salary)?

Denard Span has become one of our most reliable men at the plate. He had four walks today and his average is all the way up to .287. Great outfielder too.

They don't have anything anyone wants so it's not an option. There's no blow up option.

Sure they do. They have Cliff Lee, Cole Hamels, and Chase Utley. They also have Marlon Byrd, Jimmy Rollins, and Jonathon Papelbon. If the Phillies eat a bunch of money, they could get some good shit back for those 6. It would destroy the on-field team, of course, but it'd be an Astrosian rebuild.

Sure they do. They have Cliff Lee, Cole Hamels, and Chase Utley. They also have Marlon Byrd, Jimmy Rollins, and Jonathon Papelbon. If the Phillies eat a bunch of money, they could get some good shit back for those 6. It would destroy the on-field team, of course, but it'd be an Astrosian rebuild.

Howard is the only player I've read that they are willing to eat salary on.

No one wants Lee off an injury or Papelbon at all (too much baggage and declining production, even if the Phils eat salary). Utley and Rollins have no 10-5 NTCs. Byrd's return will be limited at best, and the team doesn't want to eat any of Hamels' contract.

Yes, the Cardinals got in on the act too. Both uniforms would have been improved if the pants were longer, like they were during the Golden Age of the Baseball Uniform™.

Btlu9q6CUAAVPc_.jpg

Howard is the only player I've read that they are willing to eat salary on.

No one wants Lee off an injury or Papelbon at all (too much baggage and declining production, even if the Phils eat salary). Utley and Rollins have no 10-5 NTCs. Byrd's return will be limited at best, and the team doesn't want to eat any of Hamels' contract.

If they were willing to eat a bunch of salary, they could get a ton back for those guys in individual trades (less so for Papelbon, but they could get a ton for Lee even coming off the injury and Byrd if he's cheap in money for the acquiring team). I'd be surprised if Utley or Rollins turned down a trade to a contending team at this point as it should be clear that the Phillies need to rebuild from the ground up if they want to get into the playoffs again anytime soon. Then again, if they're going to do that, RAJ should not be at the helm which means it probably wouldn't happen until/unless he is relieved.

So, basically, we loaned Darwin Barney to the Dodgers...

...think I'll go to one of the games this weekend. Tickets are SUPER cheap on Stubhub. I'm guessing they're shit, but I haven't been to a Cubs game in about three years.

It'll be interesting to see who's left on the Sox' roster Friday. Word is Lester and every free agent to be except for Uehara are officially on the block for the right price.

Back
Top Bottom