MLB 2014 Continued

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Your 2014 MLB All-Star Game MVP Mike Trout.

BsouIqPCcAAjDz8.jpg

By the way, if you watched Trout's MVP interview with Erin Andrews, she pretty much asked that succession of questions. I shit you not.

I turned it off as soon as it was over. So something similar to that was actually asked? Jesus.

Like any hat with red on the front and a dark side (Boston, Philadelphia, etc.). The ones with white (like the Blue Jays) or a light color (like the Royals) look good though.

I attended the first Phillies game after Tony Gwynn, Jr. returned from bereavement and simply applauding him when he went to bat was more of a Tony Gwynn tribute than Major League fucking Baseball could put together during the All-Star Game.

Derek Jeter was mentioned during the broadcast exactly 100 times.

Perhaps if Gwynn played in New York or Boston, he might have been mentioned at least once by Fox during the All-Star telecast.

Shit, if he played for them, he'd probably have multiple World Series rings.

They should have done some form of tribute to Tony and taken a short break from the Jeter Lovefest.

I attended the first Phillies game after Tony Gwynn, Jr. returned from bereavement and simply applauding him when he went to bat was more of a Tony Gwynn tribute than Major League fucking Baseball could put together during the All-Star Game.

Derek Jeter was mentioned during the broadcast exactly 100 times.

That's honestly gotta be hard to handle those nerves during that plate appearance.

I was listening to that on the radio and was very moved, I can imagine it was a lot more powerful in person though.

Fox and MLB released a statement saying why they didn't mention Tony Gwynn during the All-Star telecast and the reason they gave was that they other people passed away and they didn't want to slight anyone by singling out an individual. Seems like they singled out an individual anyway.

Fox and MLB released a statement saying why they didn't mention Tony Gwynn during the All-Star telecast and the reason they gave was that they other people passed away and they didn't want to slight anyone by singling out an individual. Seems like they singled out an individual anyway.

You got that right! Last night was "Derek Jeter, We Are Going To Fucking Miss You When You Retire" Night. MLB/FOX didn't disguise that at all. Sometime during the lovefest, they could have done a quick montage of the MLB players who might have passed in the last year and finished strong with Tony.

It's not like they haven't singled out an individual who passed away before the All-Star game at the game before, either.

The Washington Nationals' Anthony Rendon doesn't watch baseball (on tv) because it's "too long and boring."

I understand it. Baseball needs to do things to increase the pace of the game but the powers-that-be have a stubborn attachment to "tradition" so the odds that baseball actually does anything is slim. A pitch clock was needed 20 years ago. Visits to the mound either need to be eliminated entirely or at least limited. Pitching changes take too much time. Why a relief pitcher when entering the game, is allowed an additional 7-8 warm up pitches after throwing in the.bullpen is anyone's guess. The solutions to speed up the game are obvious and reasonable but for whatever reason, have not been implemented yet. Fewer balls in play and more strikeouts also drag the game down, but you hope that's just cyclical.

What a badass. He sleeps all day and watches the History Channel, then comes out and plays like the game is going in slow motion for him.

Some are going to get on his ass for the comments, but I agree with him more often than not. It's the ultimate radio sport.

Why a relief pitcher when entering the game, is allowed an additional 7-8 warm up pitches after throwing in the.bullpen is anyone's guess. .

To get accustomed to the mound before throwing off of it.

There are plenty of other options for speeding up the game, and something needs to be done.

Back
Top Bottom