MLB 2013 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrPryck2U

ONE love, blood, life
Alright, the Astros shocked the world last night and defeated the Rangers to kick off the 2013 MLB season! Say goodbye to 2012. Can the SF Giants repeat as MLB's World Champs? Stay tuned. Let's do this!

Holy shit. It's Opening Day. C'mon Twins. Keep my interest for more than a month unlike last year.

There is a game outside in Minneapolis today, while there's still snow on the ground. Hooray for Target Field. (The heated field helps).

Will Bryce Harper's 2013 be as valuable as Mike Trout's 2012? It'll be interesting to see as Harper is a year younger than Trout.

The STRAS! looked pretty good as well.

Harper has such a fucking cannon, too, jesus. I hope he progresses the way he seems like he will.

Verlander/Kershaw/Cain/Sale/Weaver/Sheilds all on the bump now.

When are they shutting down Strasburg this year?

I think they went on record saying they won't be. I could be wrong though. I was pretty pissed when they shut him down last year. I understand the reasoning, but I think playoff experience would have done him well.

Went pitching heavy in my draft today and was able to get Verlander, Cain, Weaver, and Kimbrel with my first four picks. Pretty happy with that, three elite starters and the best closer in the game.

Left my hitting a bit thin, though. The first batter I drafted was Ellsbury, who can be truly great when healthy. Red Sox fans, how do you think Ellsbury will do this year? How does he look?

Shannon, I don't think you'll have to worry about that.

Gonna be a long Summer in Gotham.

I actually think the mets have a chance to at least hang around the wild card race... if only cause i think the marlins and phils will also be awful...

Between Niese, Harvey and eventually Wheeler they should have a pretty good front of the rotation... and all the youth should bring some good energy day in and day out.

I have no thoughts of them actually making the playoffs, but they have an easier go of it division wise than that other new york team, who simply look old, broken down and miserable.

All around I'm quite pleased with the direction Sandy Alderson has taken the franchise... and if the kids are as advertised, they may be a year or so from a potential long stretch of contention.

I agree that the Mets are headed in the right direction....just think you're still a year or two away. You're definitely in an easier division than the Yanks, but the Nats and Braves are both, on paper at least, better squads. I guess, though, if things break right you could hang around for the other Wildcard spot.

As for the Yanks....all good things must come to an end.

Yesterday was fun. Aces mostly pitched like aces.

Between Niese, Harvey and eventually Wheeler they should have a pretty good front of the rotation... and all the youth should bring some good energy day in and day out.

Syndergaard isn't too far away either. And d'Arnaud could be up in June. That was a good trade for Alderson. Lots to be excited for in the next couple years for the Mets.

I still have way too much trouble dealing with the fact that a franchise like that can have her and Sterling as their radio voices. What an abomination.

Yup. Michael Kay isn't much better. And I cringe every time John Flaherty fails to use proper verb tenses. At least they have Cone, probably one of the best and funniest commentators out there.

I've babbled about this in here too often, probably, but, yeah, the whole YES crew/approach rankles. Kay is a shill who refuses to learn/grow, Flaherty needs coaching....Singleton is the easiest listen of the bunch for me...not saying the best, I just don't find myself shaking my head at what he says all the often, though, he too seems to not care about incorporating any sort of advanced metrics into his thought process. Cone at least tries to use and explain simple things like OPS, so there's that.

It's sad that the broadcasts are much better when Singleton actually handled PxP in Kay's absence. But then again, it's not like Kay is a lifelong, trained broadcaster so it's not a big shock.

Sorry, this is not a Yankee thread.

I want to see Andrelton Simmons play SS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom