MLB 2013 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know how that insipid song caught on as a tradition here, but bery cool of Neil Diamond.

The only thing worse than that tradition is when the mets tried to rip it off and do it themselves, as if nobody realized that Boston was already doing it.

Ahh, lolmets. A team without an identity thanks to an owner without a clue.

But alas, the times might be a changing. Might be

Yeah, I actually was able to catch that live on MLB network. Great stuff. And I really, really like MLB network, by the way. Think I've said that before but, man, what they do on MLB tonight when they're just jumping back and forth live between all of the important situations and match-ups in the night's games...fuck. Fuck me. That shit is beautiful for somebody that doesn't have the full games package.

i3SXAH4AAxtWS.gif

that's gotta be like cheating or something

^they are trying to show the different movement of Darvish's pitches, which mostly have the same release point. Poor hitters.

I will be sad when Mariano is gone after the season. The man simply doesn't age.

Or you could do the right thing and join the @VoteForDelmon campaign.

Let’s get Delmon Young to the All Star Game. The Phils got him on the ballot, you don’t even need to write him in! Remember to vote up to 35 times!

And Delmon promptly responds to Peef's skepticism with a throbbing solo dong in his first AB.

My brother and I are about to fistfight over his spot on the team. I think he is the perfect example of the organization's archaic roleplay scouting (right handed power bat to protect our order!) whilst Peef II thinks he is a reasonable risk whose criticism is wasted energy that could be used to hate Ryan Howard's criminal contract more.

Congratulations to the Gaf Man and his merry band of south siders for being the first team this season to take a series from the Rangers.

Yeah, what a fucking mess. Hard to say a team is done after a month but, wow, what a hole they'd have to dig out of. Cliche'd/obvious as it is to say, though, that's still one of the big draws of sports....you just never fucking know how things will go down. There are always 4-5 teams that surprise you one way or the other.

I'd like to say that I hope they bounce back, Elfa, but that would be a lie.

16 teams have a lower payroll than the Yankees disabled list.

Felix Hernandez is awesome and the Mariners are showing signs of life.

Miguel Cabrera knows how to swing a baseball bat at a baseball.

I hope the Royals and Pirates play this well all season.

Teams really need to stop bunting with a man on first and no out unless the pitcher is up. Just stop it.

Shin-Soo Choo has a .465 OBP. Joey Votto has a .459 OBP. The cat hitting between them, Zack Cozart, is sporting a .240 OBP to complement his .336 Slugging %.

Manny Machado is fun to watch hit and field. Will be interesting to see if they move him back to SS when Hardy is no longer under contract.

I love baseball. And the NBA playoffs. And the NHL playoffs. It's a wonderful spring.

It's time for my once a week trip in here to say what we already knew: The Cubs really really suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom