MLB 2013 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jokes? It's your maturity. Equivalent to that of a 14 year old. Perfect hindsight. Yes, you appear to be correct. Now get over it.

Well at the time, which one of those guys had health issues and which one had won a Cy Young Award? It wasn't exactly hindsight.

But hey, I'm sure the Blue Jay would give the Marlins back their Best Pitcher In Baseball™ as long as Loria picks up the tab....

I would say that pitching quality has improved over the past 5 years, as we've seen a number of quality top of the rotation guys enter the league. So its not as thin as it was a few years back, but back of the rotation guys and bullpens are still very thin... and any further expansion would only make it worse.

And i for one really don't give a crap about interleague play one way or the other. I don't see it as some affront to baseball, and enjoy the matchups with the Yankees and Red Sox and other high profile teams, but if they got rid of it i wouldn't really care.

CARLOS FUCKlNG QUENTIN!

HELL YES!

Biggest mistake of your life, Greinke. Don't fuck with Carlos. You should have learned that back in '08, you bitch.

The Nationals and Braves division race could be one of the better to watch this year. mmmmmm.....

Ps. I do agree with the Dodgers manager that Quentin shouldn't be allowed to play until Zach pitches again. Not a Greinke fan by any means but I actually feel a little bad for him. That pitch didn't look intentional to me.

The Rangers literally play across the street from the Cowboys. They share the same parking lot.

Holy shit, I didn't know that. My apologies for my ignorance of the Lone Star State. Ok, fuck "Dallas" getting a team. :wink: They already got one.

Rainouts suck, by the way. 2 rainouts in a row in Cleveland. Dang it.

CARLOS FUCKlNG QUENTIN!

HELL YES!

Biggest mistake of your life, Greinke. Don't fuck with Carlos. You should have learned that back in '08, you bitch.

Ugh, screw that guy. By his own admission he crowds the plate like a mofo.

And Matt Kemp was just cray. Acting all pre-match interview Randy Savage and shit.

I broke my collar bone in 7th grade. I was playing shortstop and robert hernandez crashed into me while he was going from 2nd to 3rd.

Pretty sure it never healed properly

/all I got

I guess there was a confrontation between Kemp and Quentin in the parking lot that had to be broken up by the cops last night too.

The two teams play again on Monday. I kind of hope the Dodgers pitching staff goes after Quentin's head the entire game, lol!

Do PED's help hitters more than pitchers? Do they help contact rate to a tune of over 1 K/9 over the whole league? If not, then PEDs going away actually make pitching deeper and hitting thinner if you ask me.

Your anabolic steroids and HGH and the likes? Probably a wash. Might help pitchers slightly more, might not.

Amphetamines? Yea, they help every day players much, much more than pitchers. Everybody only thinks of HGH and juice when the PED discussion is brought up. The elimination of greenies was huge.

Chase Utley has been hit 151 times in his career because he crowds the plate. Has never charged once, even when Jonathan Sanchez has intentionally thrown at him multiple times.

Ps. I do agree with the Dodgers manager that Quentin shouldn't be allowed to play until Zach pitches again.

That's the most fucking ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Do you know how many games that would be? For charging the mound? Like this is the first time that's ever happened.

Stick to the Packers. And his name is Zack. Not Zach.

I don't think Quentin should be punished as severely as Mattingly has suggested, however, I think the standard suspensions for charging the mound are ridiculously light at this point.

He crowds the plate and got hit with a 3-2 pitch. He should be suspended for the rest of April just for the stupidity of taking umbrage at all.

That's the most fucking ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Do you know how many games that would be? For charging the mound? Like this is the first time that's ever happened.

Stick to the Packers. And his name is Zack. Not Zach.

The Packers don't play baseball.

He crowds the plate and got hit with a 3-2 pitch. He should be suspended for the rest of April just for the stupidity of taking umbrage at all.

Yep. I've been looking for post game interview with him but I can't find any. I'm interesting in seeing how he comes across regarding the issue. If he gives anything less than a sincere apology, then I hope he gets AIDS or something painful like that.

Oh hey, I didn't realize Carlos Quentin was Damon Albarn in disguise and that mikal is actually Noel Gallagher. Woo!

The two teams play again on Monday. I kind of hope the Dodgers pitching staff goes after Quentin's head the entire game, lol!

I wouldn't worry, I'm pretty sure they got that memo. Just as long as it isn't Kershaw, last thing they need is him taking a charge and getting pointlessly injured.

Oh hey, I didn't realize Carlos Quentin was Damon Albarn in disguise and that mikal is actually Noel Gallagher. Woo!

:lol:

Carlos Quentin is actually Paul McGuinness in disguise and Zack Greinke is actually a McDouble.

But really, what pitcher purposely hits a batter on a full count, that's just stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom