MLB 2013-14: End of the World Series, Offseason, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't see that happening in Seattle.

Not unless Cano attracts about $50m worth of 2014 free agent payroll or half the 2013 (Brad Miller, Mike Zunino, James Paxton, Nick Franklin, Taijuan Walker, etc.) rookies make any progress at all. Or, you know, both.

I would think there are two locks in the AL West standings. Houston in 5th place and Seattle in 4th place. First place is up for grabs between Texas, LA and Oakland.

240 million for Cano is utterly ridiculous. But the idea of him signing with Seattle is no more ridiculous than him resigning with the Yankees, who are going nowhere fast without a huge upgrade to their pitching staff.

Nowhere fast, huh? Alrighty then. They'll be better than last year and they had 85 wins. I'm thinking at least 90 wins.

Pretty bad, by the way, peefer, is 73 wins which I suppose you'd know all about. :wave:

Nowhere fast, huh? Alrighty then. They'll be better than last year and they had 85 wins. I'm thinking at least 90 wins.

Pretty bad, by the way, peefer, is 73 wins which I suppose you'd know all about. :wave:

The Red Sox are still better, the Rays are still better, and the Orioles are likely to improve, and are probably better.

The Yankees pitching staff has actually gotten worse. So where are those 5 wins coming from?

Side note... This is what Barry Bonds looks like now

barry%20bonds.jpg

I would think there are two locks in the AL West standings. Houston in 5th place and Seattle in 4th place. First place is up for grabs between Texas, LA and Oakland.

And yet, the season is 162 games. And there are zero locks on literally anything. Did the 2009 Yankees not buy a championship? What is stopping the 2014 Mariners and their 2 billion over 17 years in new TV money from doing the same?

And yet, the season is 162 games. And there are zero locks on literally anything. Did the 2009 Yankees not buy a championship? What is stopping the 2014 Mariners and their 2 billion over 17 years in new TV money from doing the same?

Yes, they bought the championship. They're the Evil Empire. That's what they do. Attempt to buy championships. In 2009, they succeeded. Ok, I'll concede you one lock. Houston will be 5th in the AL West.

The fact that we just signed a guy named Belisario (even though it's a slightly different spelling) has given me a huge boner.

Well, it's a start.

Please don't trade Walker. Please don't trade Walker. Please don't trade Walker. Please don't trade Walker. Please don't trade Walker. Please don't trade Walker. Please don't trade Walker. Please don't trade Walker. Please don't trade Walker.

I mean, it's an insane contract but I do not blame the Mariners one bit for doing it. Interesting to see if this has a domino effect.

No ill will here, liked Cano, cannot blame him for taking this deal, good luck to him.

I mean, it's an insane contract but I do not blame the Mariners one bit for doing it. Interesting to see if this has a domino effect.

No ill will here, liked Cano, cannot blame him for taking this deal, good luck to him.

Exactly! We shouldn't begrudge a man the opportunity to make as much money as he can. The Yankees need pitching and now they can spend more money on that.

So are the Yankees better off having paid about $22M per year for Jacob Y or would $24M for the Canoe have been the wiser choice?
Runs are an overrated thing in baseball anyway.

Another contract that'll look horrible at the end, but should be a boost for the first half of it for Seattle.

Back
Top Bottom