MLB 2013-14: End of the World Series, Offseason, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
red_hot_stove.jpg

Hey, look, another billionaire owner wanting to use public funds to build a new stadium to replace his decrepit 20-year old ballpark

No Qualifying Offers accepted. Some teams are about to gain/lose some draft picks!

Here we go - what the Tigers need for next year:

1. Resign Omar Infante
2. Extend Max
3. Lots of work with Iglesias to get him stronger at the plate
4. Sign Nathan and Wilson (we've got one more bite at this apple)
5. Strengthen the bench

1. CF Jackson
2. RF Hunter
3. 3B MVP
4. 1B Fatty
5. DH Speedy
6. LF Castellanos
7. 2B Omar
8. C Avila
9. SS Jooooooossssssssseeeeeeeee

Rotation:
1. Verlander
2. Scherzer
3. Sanchez
4. Fister
5. Porcello

Bully:
1. Smyly
2. Rondon
3. Wilson
4. Nathan

Please, all that is good an holy, let this team win something.

I am not sure if this is the right place to ask about this, but, has anyone felt like the weather has gotten a tad warmer than it should be in the late Fall? Things just seem to be heating up ever so slightly. My gut tells me that things will soon heat up even more before reverting back to more seasonal weather.

Wow.

On immediate reaction, I like this better for the Rangers. I'm glad that the Miggy/Prince duo is broken up in the AL Central. Prince scares me more than Kinsler.

Thinking about it and even though I've coveted Prince for a long time, this totally sucks. Seeing Kinsler in a different uniform is going to be terrible. The Tigers just became my second favorite team.

That said, a Prince/Profar/Beltre/Elvis infield just made me ruin my desk chair.

The Rangers trading the Kins! seemed inevitable. Getting Prince back is interesting. He was way down in a lot of areas last season. Hopefully for you guys, deputy, it's an aberration.

THAT FUCKING STOVE.

Kinsler definitely was a prime candidate to be moved, I just never expected the stove would get this hot.

So let's see: Kinsler is way lower priced, a better hitter relative to his position, has baserunning value, is a better fielder relative to his position, allows the Tigers defense to get ridiculously better (by moving Cabrera back to 1B and having an actual 3B), and likely allows them to keep Scherzer long term.

Yeah, total win for Texas. Especially when Fielder's making 20+ million at 40 years old and 375 lbs.

I'll give you the baserunning and fielding aspects, surely. But I fail to see why "relative to his position" matters in terms of hitting. Who gives a fuck. A better hitter is a better hitter. Prince Fielder is a better hitter than Ian Kinsler.

He also never gets hurt and is two years younger.

Back
Top Bottom