MLB 2010 The Third - B. Wood Popped Out to Catcher

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PhilsFan

Blue Crack Addict
Due up:

The Mendoza Line is usurped by the Wood Line, which is significantly lower than .200.
Cleveland and Baltimore play the first baseball game in which both teams lose.
DRay learns that mouse traps are more effective when you actually place bait on them.

And in the bottom half:

Rash of injuries afflicts the Phillies. Rash afflicts PhilsFan.
Pittsburgh and Houston complete three game series. Nobody notices.
Confused Red Sox fan boos local waitress.

Who would've thought - the Yankee bullpen got a win today.

Pettitte's heading to the DL, unfortunately. But, yeah, nice job by the Yankee pen today. Taking 2 of 3 from the Rays, not a bad start to the 2nd half.

I hope he won't be in the DL for a long time. He's probably been our best pitcher so far.

2 of 3 was great, particularly the way these 2 have been won.

Now let's beat the Angels and give the Rangers a hand (not that they need any help).

I hope he won't be in the DL for a long time. He's probably been our best pitcher so far.

2 of 3 was great, particularly the way these 2 have been won.

Now let's beat the Angels and give the Rangers a hand (not that they need any help).

Girardi said it was a Grade 1 groin strain. Granderson's groin strain earlier in the season was a Grade 2 and he missed about a month. So, I'm hoping/guessing that Andy might only miss 2 or 3 starts. Either way, this is a blow to the Yanks' rotation. Plus, AJ has still got his head up his ass.

Cleveland and Baltimore play the first baseball game in which both teams lose.

Hey, the Tribe just swept a four game series with the Tigers. They still suck but, yeah. Thank god they did that.

Brutal loss for us today. One of the worst of the year. But it's all good. I don't want to jinx anything, but I believe that a certain special someone has finally rediscovered his swing.

I am having this conversation at work right now and I need some opinions.
Which is the best ballpark to watch a game? Arlington?

For me, PNC Park in Pittsburgh is the most gorgeous stadium/backdrop, but, it's always empty and the Pirates suck so not sure if it's the best baseball experience in the world.

For a combo of a great stadium and currently competitive team I guess I'd roll with AT&T Park here in the Bay Area.

What makes you say Arlington?

but at least he'll make his next start :doh:

Yes, but he needs to get his shit together. He seems to be the most mentally fragile pitcher the Yanks have right now. Eiland continues to say that his stuff is still great, but that his problems are all from the neck up.

There are so many great parks in baseball right now. They've really done a damn fine job across the league. It just comes down to personal preference, and I think a lot of people will say their home team park is the best. I don't know.

Many people will argue for Wrigley or Fenway for the pure history of the place, and the overall experience.

Some of the newer ones that a lot of people love are PNC, At&T, etc. The new Yankee stadium and the new Target field in Minny look great. Camden Yards has always been lauded, although it's no longer really "new."

If I were going to die tomorrow and could only go to one park, I'd go to 35th and Shields. But that's because I'm most comfortable there. So it's a tough question.

Of the ones I've been to (not many) I had the most straight up fun at the Ballpark in Arlington and Miller Park.

I guess the look of it? dunno.
I would have loved to experience the old Yankee stadium tho

Well, again, I wish you'd define "experience" because to me there are amazing stadiums, and then there are places with amazing vibes. Yankee Stadium, the old one, had a lot of history and the monuments were cool (and still are) but the physical structure itself was nothing to brag about. Going to a sold out Yankee game could be a great experience, like it could be in Boston or Philly, but that would be due to crown energy.

If you mean a great ballpark with shit for the kids and great views of the water or whatnot, then places like PNC or AT&T fit the bill better.

It's nice to get a combo of the two, of course. I've been to about 20 stadiums now so I have my favorites/biases.

I've yet to visit Arlington but the I've never really heard anyone rave about the "experience" there, except for Impy but he's a ridiculous human being. And I guess Ashley but, I mean, come on. She hits the bottle a little too much, no?

Arlington is hell in the summer and Rangers Ballpark is too gimmicky anyway. IMO, the top current MLB ballparks are, in no particular order, Safeco Field in Seattle, AT&T Park in San Francisco, Oriole Park at Camden Yards in Baltimore, Angel Stadium in Anaheim, Coors Field in Denver. New Comiskey (U.S. Cellular Field) in Chicago is much improved.

Arlington is hell in the summer and Rangers Ballpark is too gimmicky anyway. IMO, the top current MLB ballparks are, in no particular order, Safeco Field in Seattle, AT&T Park in San Francisco, Oriole Park at Camden Yards in Baltimore, Angel Stadium in Anaheim, Coors Field in Denver. New Comiskey (U.S. Cellular Field) in Chicago is much improved.

Have you been to PNC?

I really did have a fine time at Miller Park. I brought my brother to games both there and at Busch Stadium. I can tell you that he had a great time at the former and was bored to tears at the latter, if that helps anything.

PNC is the best I've been to as well. I've been there for a number of sold out games as well, and it was great fun.

1. PNC Park
2. Camden Yards
3. Citizens Bank Park
4. Jacobs Field
5. Nationals Park
6. Wrigley Field
7. Yankee Stadium [Original]
8. Veterans Stadium
9. Shea Stadium
10. RFK Stadium

I keep forgetting Camden. I still like that place. We used to take road trips down there
Camden_NJ_poverty.jpg

Are the Cubs for real, or did they just have a lucky weekend? Barring a dumb mistake yesterday late in the game and this would have been a four-game sweep.

Back
Top Bottom