MLB 2010 - The Second - B. Wood struck out swinging

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
dtraindl.jpg

We just saw the quintessential Dontrelle Willis

1st Batter: Doubles on a 3-1 pitch - 5 pitches
2nd Batter: Sacrifices to the pitcher (wtf?) - 1 pitch
3rd Batter: Singles to deep center on a 1-0 pitch - 2 pitches
4th Batter: Walks on 4-0 - 4 pitches
5th Batter: Walks on 4-1 - 5 pitches
6th Batter: Grounds into a double play on a 1-2 pitch - 4 pitches

For the inning 1 run on 2 hits and 2 walks. The threw 21 pitches; 8 of them for strikes.

I love how the other team decided that a sac bunt in the first inning was a good idea.

Meanwhile, Hughes has struck out the first five batters he's faced.

I might be able to justify it if you're facing someone who's rolling like Ubaldo Jimenez, but it's Dontrelle fuckin' Willis.

Even then, I have trouble with that in the first fucking inning, with your 2-3-4 hitters strolling to the plate. But, it's even worse vs. Dontrelle.

Carlos Guillen is your 2B now?

Even then, I have trouble with that in the first fucking inning, with your 2-3-4 hitters strolling to the plate. But, it's even worse vs. Dontrelle.

Carlos Guillen is your 2B now?

You'll get no argument from me on that front.

Yes, Carlos Guillen is now our starting 2B now due to the $12mil owed to Dontrelle, the $12.5mil owed to Bonderman, the $10mil owed to Nate Robertson (Marlins), Scott Sizemoore's inability to hit major league pitching, and Brennan Boesch torrid start. Oh and Placido Polanco is on the downside of his career.

We'll see how that works out but Guillen seems to have limited range, etc.

Granderson returned to the line-up tonight....he was not exactly tearing it up before he got hurt but still good to see him back, if only because this truly prevents Marcus Thames from doing anything but DH'ing. Yanks also designated Randy Winn for assignment, will be interesting to see where he winds up.

Yeah. At this point, Guillen shouldn't be playing the field everyday, even in LF, so this should be an interesting experiment. I was obviously being sarcastic about Placido. DD rolled the dice that Sizemore was ready for the bigs. He may have been, but the broken ankle he suffered in winter ball set him way back.

Granderson is prone to extended slumps, but he's the type of player that will find ways to help you win games even when his swing isn't there.

I picked up on the sarcasm, yes. It's not like Polanco is tearing it up, though.

It'll be interesting to see if the Tigers can hang with the Twins. They've scored like 3 more runs than they've allowed, which is a bad sign.

Ellsbury went back on the DL today?

Not a good start to that. Six consecutive hits to start the game against Randy Wells. I wonder what the record is for most consecutive hits to start a game.

I ran out to get some lunch before sitting down to watch the game. I was stopped by a train, so I was sitting there listening to the game waiting. The game begins, first pitch...SINGLE. Ok....not an auspicious start by any means, but it's not the end of the world. Second batter...oh dear. And of course, you know what happened. Between the time I got out of my car and the time I got upstairs to the game, the score went from 2-0 to 5-0. I watched the rest of it, but I had no delusions.

I picked up on the sarcasm, yes. It's not like Polanco is tearing it up, though.

It'll be interesting to see if the Tigers can hang with the Twins. They've scored like 3 more runs than they've allowed, which is a bad sign.

Ellsbury went back on the DL today?

We don't have the pitching to hang with the Twins this year. Porcello is going to be one hell of a pitcher over the course of his career, but he's really suffering from all the innings he threw last year. I'm eager to see what DD does with this team next offseason. Anything we do in this season is gravy.

Are you guys all pissed that the Angels used a fake injury to put me on the DL so that they wouldn't lose me to another team? That's got to make Impy effin' crazy given his hatred for the halos. Except for 2 short winning streaks this season, we've been playing like utter crap and we're still only 3 games behind his beloved Rangers. :wave:

I think Impy must be pleased that your .156 average is staying put in Southern Oregon, where you can continue to help the Angies lose when your fake injury heals.

Are you guys all pissed that the Angels used a fake injury to put me on the DL so that they wouldn't lose me to another team? That's got to make Impy effin' crazy given his hatred for the halos.

Not sure what you're getting at here. It doesn't make a shit to me.

At least Morales' injury isn't a sham to keep him on the team during optionless struggles.

Back
Top Bottom