MLB 2010 - The Second - B. Wood struck out swinging

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I should search the old threads and see if you defended the Patriots during "Spygate."

Oh, and you're a robot. :wave:

I'm pretty sure all the Patriots fans did pretty much the same thing -- conceded that the Patriots broke a NFL rule and heckled teams for not changing up their signals.

Seattle fans are such spoiled idiots. On facebook, a large group of them are calling the Mariners to trade Ichiro for "an RBI guy." When "losing a step" means maybe dropping down to ~185 hits instead of ~220 per season when a player gets to be in his 40s, he isn't the problem with the team.

/rant

Seattle fans are such spoiled idiots. On facebook, a large group of them are calling the Mariners to trade Ichiro for "an RBI guy." When "losing a step" means maybe dropping down to ~185 hits instead of ~220 per season when a player gets to be in his 40s, he isn't the problem with the team.

/rant
That's amazing. I'm a huge Ichiro fan.

And how did we do vs. the Bosox last post-season? :lol: :wave:

I'll give you 2009.
But you still have to live with 1986 :wave:, 2004:wave:, 2007 :wave:, 2008 :wave:.

At least you don't have to worry about the Angels being embarassed in the playoffs for a long while, cause a team that lets go its best pitcher, best though aging RBI man and best on base guy and replaces them with a marginal 4th starter, an aging Japanese player and one of the worst swinging scrub 3B MLB has ever seen isn't sniffing the playoffs for decades.

:wave:

Settle down, Hewson. You don't want Dickie to Donnie Moore himself after his next golden sombrero.

-------------------
Wood on the pine

Third baseman Brandon Wood, in a 3-for-30 slump that dropped his average from .197 on May 1 to .168, didn't start Wednesday, and he may not return on Friday.

"Yeah," Scioscia said, when asked whether Wood could get more than one game off. "With a young player, at times, you might have to peel him back and let him not pick up a bat for a day. Try to get rid of some of the pressing and the anxiety.
-------------------

Tonight's lineup:

LA Angels AB R H RBI HR BB K SB LOB Season Avg E. Aybar ss 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .250
H. Kendrick 2b 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .288
B. Abreu rf 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .254
T. Hunter cf 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .282
K. Morales 1b 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .281
H. Matsui dh 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .226
J. Rivera lf 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .237
M. Napoli c 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .205
B. Wood 3b 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .168
Totals 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

LOL.....Sciosh digs me. :cute::cheer:

His OBP is under the Mendoza line. That's just funny.

Mcbain-mendoza.JPG

And Dick Wood was a resounding 1 for 7 in the sweep, with a single. That may have been the best series of his illustrious career.:wave:

Dickie Dub's Angels just finished their first run-in with Daddy of the season. It ended predictably:

400px-Broom_icon.svg.png

Which brings us to tonight, my friends, when I get my first look at Dick Wood in action. The man, the myth, the career .185 hitter.

Still (kind of) early, but I didn't expect Jose the Conch to be this successful for the Phillies. I'm really happy for him and really very pleasantly surprised that he's been such a great option out of the pen. 0.63 ERA? Keep it up Conch, you old goofy Cuban bastard.

i remember when i had maine & perez as fantasy league pitchers a few years back when the mets were contenders.
they drove me nuts. glad i'm done w/fantasy and not a mets fan

400px-Broom_icon.svg.png

it was only 2 games. but congrats tampa. 5 games up now

Back
Top Bottom