MLB 2010 - The Second - B. Wood struck out swinging

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I haven't been a baseball fan for long and I'm riled up!! I thought that catch by Austin Jackson would become the prototypical save-the-perfect-game play, and than this happens. Fuck.

What was Jackson's catch like? I didn't see it.

Did he leap up at the wall and bring the ball back in the park and then juggle it while falling to the ground and finally bringing it in for the catch? If anybody ever did that in the 9th inning of a perfect game that shit would be NUTS.

Did he leap up at the wall and bring the ball back in the park and then juggle it while falling to the ground and finally bringing it in for the catch? If anybody ever did that in the 9th inning of a perfect game that shit would be NUTS.

He made an over the shoulders catch in the warning track for a ball in the gap. Really great stuff.

Ha, it wasn't like that....he was just on the dead run and had to reach out over his shoulder to snag it.....good catch, but not as amazing as Wise's catch.

109864396-b62077af91b92c1975729589d9a52d76.4c06fe90-scaled.jpg

Galarraga retired 28 consecutive batters and still didn't get a perfect game.

On the bright side, Armando has the first 28-out perfect game in baseball history.

EDIT: My pony too slow.

Ah, thanks. I remember seeing this on TV last year on my first days after arriving in New York. Amazing stuff.

On another topic: it has been amazing to see Canó play these past two months. Wow.

You stole my next post!!!

Was gonna say that not many of us care, but, Cano is in another world the last few weeks.

16 game hitting streak, 32 for his last 68.......

You stole my next post!!!

Was gonna say that not many of us care, but, Cano is in another world the last few weeks.

16 game hitting streak, 32 for his last 68.......

Haha, twice for the day. Great minds...

Yeah, he has been carrying the team, especially when A-Rod and Tex were cold. He also has a 6 or 7 game multi-hits streak.

Granderson has also been playing well since he came back. This team is so much better with him and Posada back. No more Randy Winn/Russo/Miranda lineups.

Granderson has also been playing well since he came back. This team is so much better with him and Posada back. No more Randy Winn/Russo/Miranda lineups.

Most definitely.

I also hated whenever Thames played LF....he should never do anything but DH against lefties.

I like that Russo can at least play IF and OF...if you're not gonna hit, like Winn wasn't, at least be versatile in the field.

Hughes looked sharp tonight, albeit against a very weak line-up.

Good god....

Orioles down 8-1 in the 8th...Tejada at first.....and he gets thrown out at the plate on a double....why the hell are they sending him home down 7 in the 8th inning unless he can trot home????

Most definitely.

I also hated whenever Thames played LF....he should never do anything but DH against lefties.

I like that Russo can at least play IF and OF...if you're not gonna hit, like Winn wasn't, at least be versatile in the field.

Hughes looked sharp tonight, albeit against a very weak line-up.

Oh yeah, I was unfair to add Russo in that list. Thames in the OF was probably the worst nightmare for any Yankees fan. Was it against the Red Sox that he dropped a ball and allowed them to come back to the game?

Now, can the Yankees bullpen hold a 7-run lead over two innings?

Oh yeah, I was unfair to add Russo in that list. Thames in the OF was probably the worst nightmare for any Yankees fan. Was it against the Red Sox that he dropped a ball and allowed them to come back to the game?

Well, you don't necessarily want Russo playing every day, at least now at this stage, so you were right about that....but as your 12th or 13th hitter, he'll do just fine.

Thames has butchered a few balls this season so I honestly have lost track of which blunder was against which team. Also, when he bats against righties he looks lost. I hate having guys on the roster that are so severely limited, but, I guess some pop coming off the bench isn't the worst thing in the world.

Thames dropped a ball in the top of the 9th allowing the Red Sox to tie a game, but hit a HR in the bottom to win it IIRC. I think Randy Winn also dropped a ball in the 9th, allowing the Sox to win a different game.

Those guys were fun.

Gardner's my favorite Yankee.

I like him a lot.....

1) Cos he has real speed, and the Yanks haven't had someone with speed like that in their every day line up for quite some time.

2) Cos he's not the type of player that usually gets a chance in The Bronx. Glad they gave him playing time and let him prove himself. Not sure he'll continue to have a .390 OBP but if he's slightly under that and playing a good LF and stealing 50 bases or so, great.

Well, you don't necessarily want Russo playing every day, at least now at this stage, so you were right about that....but as your 12th or 13th hitter, he'll do just fine.

Thames has butchered a few balls this season so I honestly have lost track of which blunder was against which team. Also, when he bats against righties he looks lost. I hate having guys on the roster that are so severely limited, but, I guess some pop coming off the bench isn't the worst thing in the world.

Here's the thing about Thames: he usually has a month every season in which you couldn't throw imaginary pitches past him. When he's hot, he's crazy hot.

Yeah, Thames will be useful as DH or PH. Though I guess he won't play much while Posada can't catch.

Edit: And Gardner shows again why he is a good player. Gotta love his speed!

Thames dropped a ball in the top of the 9th allowing the Red Sox to tie a game, but hit a HR in the bottom to win it IIRC. I think Randy Winn also dropped a ball in the 9th, allowing the Sox to win a different game.

Those guys were fun.

He dropped a ball against you guys that lead to a loss, though, I remember that much.....Hermida knocked in the winning run, Thames was playing RF at the time cos Swisher was hurt.....

Here's the thing about Thames: he usually has a month every season in which you couldn't throw imaginary pitches past him. When he's hot, he's crazy hot.

Yeah, Thames will be useful as DH or PH. Though I guess he won't play much while Posada can't catch.

Dalton, he started off lights out at the plate the first few weeks, so I know what you mean.

Yeah, Posada will be DHing for at least the next 2-3 games, so, yeah, PH duty for Thames unless they give Posada a rest to be cautious....which is Girardi's MO.

Back
Top Bottom