MLB 2010 - The First

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And this is one of the reasons he's called Death To Flying Things.

guti2.gif

And this is one of the reasons he's called Death To Flying Things.

On Elvis too. I was there. It was shortly after Frankie Francisco slashed my tires.

Unfortunately, Wikipedia has caught on to my rampant vandalism of his page.

On Elvis too. I was there. It was shortly after Frankie Francisco slashed my tires.

Unfortunately, Wikipedia has caught on to my rampant vandalism of his page.

Your team's bullpen is about as bad as my team's offense.

Your team's bullpen is about as bad as my team's offense.

Feliz was nails and Nippert pitched well. It's just Frankie, man. The dude is Nick Folk-ing it really bad out there.

The pooping on the afternoons of Rangers fans?

Actually, this time he defecated on my entire weekend, although the blow yesterday was softened by the fact that I was blissing out about actually being at the ballpark. In any case, the Rangers are one Frankie Francisco away from being 4-1 rather than 2-3.

Nice win for the Yanks today.

A.J., who I can't stand, settled down after a rough first and actually pitched to contact.
As usual, the Yankee bats fucked up the opposing middle relief.

In other news, Halladay goes 9, Zero earned runs as his year long destruction of NL line-ups revs up.

Fielding
E - B Wood (1, throw)

and the dbacks put up 13 in the 4th against the pirates

Feliz was nails and Nippert pitched well. It's just Frankie, man. The dude is Nick Folk-ing it really bad out there.

Speaking of Feliz, isn't he supposed to be, like, a future ace? If so, why isn't he developing his secondary pitches in the minors and starting? I'm confused.

I really can't tell you what the deal is with their management of Neftali, although Wash said today he's bumped up to interim closer. As far as his pitches go, his changeup is coming along and he's got a nice slide piece. I have no idea what the future plans are with working him into the rotation. Either way, I love the kid and am more than happy with him in the pen.

I really can't tell you what the deal is with their management of Neftali, although Wash said today he's bumped up to interim closer. As far as his pitches go, his changeup is coming along and he's got a nice slide piece. I have no idea what the future plans are with working him into the rotation. Either way, I love the kid and am more than happy with him in the pen.

I was the same way with Brandon Morrow for us. But then being in the bullpen for an extended period (2 years) seemed to really, really screw up his development. It probably ruined him. So much so that he was traded away for a mid-level reliever and is probably back in the minors now, working on development he missed out on the first time around. I guess I'm just more a fan of people coming out of the gate strong in what they're going to be doing long term? If that makes sense. Anyway, I hope Feliz gets into your rotation soon because I hate to see potential go to waste.

There's definitely an argument to be made for getting a guy like Morrow (or Neftali, for that matter) into the sort of conditioning he needs to be a starter, especially when he's got the stuff for it. For the time being, I'm just going to have faith that Maddux and Wash have the right plan for the guy. It'd a travesty for his development to be stunted in the same way Morrow was. They're not instituting any Joba Rules or anything like that, so we'll see what kind of work the kid gets. All I know is he's absolutely filthy and watching him develop is going to be a treat.

For what it's worth, I was a big fan of Morrow last season. But probably for reasons you won't like.

twins home opener vs the chowds

target field looks nice :up:

I was feeling pretty good about selling my opening day tickets with the way the weather report has been for the last several days. Now it's mostly sunny, and I'm listening to it on the radio and regretting it a little.

(I'll look at my Paypal account to make me feel better)

I'll be there Wednesday though.

Wow, you sold tickets to the first game at your favorite team's new stadium?

I've been lucky enough to be at the first game at three different stadiums, including new Yankee Stadium, and all were amazing experiences that transcend dollar value.

...so apparently according to pitch f/x, Feliz threw 6 100mph+ pitches today and one of them hit 102. Fuck.

I can verify this.

Bullpen looked great today, including ole Poopie Pants Frankie.

I love how when some cats hit 100 or a little more, you'll often hear "well, that's on the fast radar gun" or whatnot....well, who the fuck cares? Even if the gun is fast by a few mph, it's fast for everyone, so they're still hitting speeds nobody else is hitting.

I love watching Verlander....I think he hits 98, 99 about as effortlessly as anyone I've ever seen.

When Jenks first came up with us, he hit 101 and 102 on the gun a few times. And was regularly hitting 99. That was a lot of fun. He's now consistently 92 to 95, but can still drink/eat anyone under the table.

Impy, were you able to come up with a good nickname for Andruw Jones when he was on the Rangers last year? I'm struggling to think of something, and the guy looks really good at the plate and seems poised to have a damn good year in relation to the pennies we're paying him.

I think my friends and I had soured enough on him at the point we came up with all of those terribly convulted nicknames to where we decided he wasn't worthy of one. Hopefully the Andruw Jones Experiment works out a bit better for you than it did for us. And even if it doesn't, I fully support the creation of ridiculous nicknames for the entire roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom